Patch just now (10pm EST 1/16/16) prevents logging into game

Archaegeo

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Yennie said:

<< Error Message >>

[Update error] Cannot use file.
Please check whether the file is being used by another program or an anti-virus program is denying access, then restart the launcher.
If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.
E02017
REFP_RF_O5_9
bin\Client.exe

One issue after another

Either read the last post the Community manager said or read above.

• NCSOFT
3 minutes ago, 895006_1452550607 said:

Even when I Stop all other BnS clients it still doesnt finish the patch

Restart your computer and see if that helps.

<< Error Message >>

Please check whether the file is being used by another program or an anti-virus program is denying access, then restart the launcher.
If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.
E02017
REFP_RF_O5_9
bin\Client.exe

One issue after another

Close all background Blade &Soul applications with the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL)

<< Error Message >>

E02017
REFP_RF_O5_9
bin\Client.exe

One issue after another

Dude all you have to its press Ctrl/Alt/Del and end all task associated with the game, the download should resume and viola..

this worked for me, not sure if it will work for you. When you do Ctrl-ALT-Del. go to expand more, go down till you find the Blade and Soul apps running close them all manually than restart the program. this method worked for me, hope it works for you.

11 minutes ago, Siluna said:

this worked for me, not sure if it will work for you. When you do Ctrl-ALT-Del. go to expand more, go down till you find the Blade and Soul apps running close them all manually than restart the program. this method worked for me, hope it works for you.

this was my error

when i try to reinstall the game with the client it doesn't work and ask me to use the launcher instead and every time i try to use the launcher it says

launcher error ) an error has occurred.

please reinstall the launcher.

so i uninstall everything again and i have been doing the same shit over and over... i dont get why some of you just can make it work

4 hours ago, ReTroSaint said:

probably everyone these days have win 8.1 or 10 ^_^

I have Win 7. Windows 8 I never liked s I never got it. And Win 10 is too new. Once they get the kinks out of it I might switch to it.

10 hours ago, tooFAT said:

I hope your game crashes. Going afk and holding up slots others can take.

TooFat,

I love how you turn a positive into a negative. I stayed up late and ended up logging off after I was done playing. Staying logged in for the night ='d until I was done. You not being able to get in due to an Authentication issue had nothing to do with tying up slots, even though I was on a low pop server and haven't had a que since day one. I wish you well, and low and behold the Auth issue seems to be fixed already for most folks. Enjoy the game, & Take care.

-Syrrius-

10 hours ago, Syrrius said:

Folks,

I've been playing this since Alpha and this is the first time this has happened. I would say be patient and let them work it out. Obviously it's an authentication issue, and will be rectified asap. I'm currently in game and I have a friend who wanted to join us, bought the pack and is having the same issue as everyone else. If  you're in game, don't log out, otherwise they'll have it fixed in a bit. Staying logged in for the rest of the night. Good night everyone, and I hope it's resolved soon. Other than this, it's been an amazing experience with the game so far.

-Syrrius-

I hope your game crashes. Going afk and holding up slots others can take.

I'm getting the same error from this update from yesterday. After the launcher finishes updating, the client opens up and my PC freezes when I see the large golden dragon emblem. I have to force shut down every time this happens. I've never had any problems before this event. I rebooted my PC multiple times as well as reinstalling the game. Anyone else still having this issue? I don't feel too comfortable about using that alternate fix, but at this point I feel I may have to.

Launcher failed for me every time, even with the new patch. However, I finally decided not to check the box to opt in to report crashes and errors to NCSOFT's error server and now I can do a fresh install. Not sure if that had anything to do with anything, but after 30 attempts of trying different things its finally installing the newest patch/game.

This  game will not install for me.  I have deleted all NCSOFT Blade & Soul folders, disabled anti-virus, ensured all BnS tasks/processes were not running, disabled razor synaps, and restarted multiple times.  The launcher continues to tell me to start the game from the client launcher; which I did.  I even ran the program as an administrator... same results.  I have checked the path of the client launcher, and it's correct as well.  Any ideas???

1 hour ago, Kylros said:

This  game will not install for me.  I have deleted all NCSOFT Blade & Soul folders, disabled anti-virus, ensured all BnS tasks/processes were not running, disabled razor synaps, and restarted multiple times.  The launcher continues to tell me to start the game from the client launcher; which I did.  I even ran the program as an administrator... same results.  I have checked the path of the client launcher, and it's correct as well.  Any ideas???

make sure you delete the old ncsoft launcher. just an uninstall of B/S will not delete the old launcher

Hello. My brother is having this problem saying "The game client encountered an error while running. Shutting down the game client.(4049)". This happens when pressing play now button and Game Guard is loading. I noticed that npgm.erl is deleted during this time. Anyone had this problem before and fixed it?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2016 at 9:38 AM, Kylros said:

February 13 and I have this same problem.  It's a new install as it's a new computer.  It downloads and installs the launcher. It creates the BNS directory. I start the launcher, login and it disappears and nothing happens after.   Nothing in Task Manager either. It just quits with no error or explanation.

I am an existing player trying to get it to work on my new computer. Old computer died, so can't try that one.

I tried running as administrator, i turned off my anti virus. Neither helped.  I also rebooted.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived