Server update suggestion

ScionX

Dear NCSoft,

I threw money ($200 Cad) at my screen just like everyone else here and on behalf of the folks, here's some suggestion for BETTER customer service improvements.

1. Add a script to kick idle players that are afk for more than 3 hours
    We have people waiting to log in while people who are "logging off" are intentionally leaving their characters logged in to avoid queues. This issue greatly hogs server resources and will be even more noticeable on official launch when gold farmers park their characters in towns.
  2. The priority login system sucks
    Either you create premium only servers or remove it entirely. The inability to game with my friends who bought "filth" tier founder pack are stuck in trash elo queue times.
  3. Upgrade servers or let players transfer out
    We don't know the precise number each server holds (someone mentioned 20k) but clearly, it's not really working considering this weekend is only a soft launch. I can't even fathom the obscene login timers for all servers during officiall launch. Take a page from Blizzard's data centers which handled 70 million players globally at one point. I give the benefit of doubt that B&S soft launch have 1mil prems but the servers can hardly support it.
  4. 1 month CBT and the game is still broken
    How did the dev team go through 1 month of CBT and players are still experience cut scene crash, compatibility crash, etc. Maybe a OBT would have been better and dev team would have been able to test this login bottleneck and larger array of compatibility issues.
  5. One of the worst soft launch I've EVER seen (yes, worst that CoD with the massive patch update on launch, worst than WoW expansion launches)
    Why? Two words, Square Enix. Learn from Yoshi P who successfully relaunched a dying (and almost bankrupted company) FF14:ARR with 1million+ subs on first day with no login bottlenecks.

That's for now, because I finally logged in after 4 hours with my filthy master tier founder pack. Time to play for 4 hours and go to sleep... yay queue time.

Yours truly,

Filthy master tier founder pack member.

BuykfYr.png?1

I'm sorry for your $200 Cad. I think it would have been better invested in an electric super charger kit that you can buy on eBay. It would take you 5 minutes to install it onto your tC rather than waiting in queue.

5 minutes ago, Vearth said:

I'm sorry for your $200 Cad. I think it would have been better invested in an electric super charger kit that you can buy on eBay. It would take you 5 minutes to install it onto your tC rather than waiting in queue.

I think I'll do that on official launch. 8 hours queue time is beyond my misc. time allocation for games. RIP.

Archived