Mouse keeps going off screen and off game. (Dual Monitors)

Vocation

I have two monitors and I only play on one of them. The problem I am having is when I move the camera right and it moves into my second screen instead of being locked in the game......

This makes it very hard to play and forces me to have only one screen up and I really don't like swapping my icons and desktop around every time to play. If anyone knows of a fix please let me know. 

Yea, same problem. It seems that there is no actual Fullscreen mode for the game. That option is only a fullscreen borderless windowed mode. It is also taxing your GPU and CPU much more than it should be. Idk if they are going to fix it. Though this is something that should have been addressed well before headstart. NCSoft seems to be incapable of making a game that people can just start playing and enjoy without having stupid problems.   

If you have the G series Logitech mouse, the software for it has an option to lock a profile to a specific application, which in this case is "client.exe". For me, it help "lock" the mouse arrow in the game window.

Try this fix, the problem is the game is not going full screen, its actually in borderless windowed mode so the mouse goes off screen. Try this fix:

The game's fullscreen is not actually fullscreen, it's borderless window fullscreen. Press Alt+Enter at EXACTLY the same time to enter true fullscreen (do not hold Alt then press Enter). It might take a few tries until you make it. This doesn't result in a big fps difference though, if any at all. Using true full screen also helps if you're using dual monitor so that the mouse doesn't escape to your 2nd monitor.

16 minutes ago, Knarp said:

If you have the G series Logitech mouse, the software for it has an option to lock a profile to a specific application, which in this case is "client.exe". For me, it help "lock" the mouse arrow in the game window.

Interesting.  I have dual screens as well, and haven't had any problem.  Even when I have a cursor it's "nicely" locked to the game's monitor.  I have to actually alt-tab if I want to switch to doing something on the other monitor.  That said, I do have a logitech G700, and have a B&S profile (for it and my G13).  So maybe that's why I've never seen this issue with the mouse leaving the screen on accident?

(Note:  I say "Nicely" because I'd actually prefer it wasn't.  Don't really *want* my mouse cursor locked into the game screen when it's actually in "have a cursor" mode.  Only when it's in mouselook mode.)

I have noticed this issue with a lot of the games I play.  GW2 I had a big issue with my mouse cursor slipping off my  main screen into my second screen.  I also have slippage when in combat and its annoying because I can't turn my character or move my character without the mouse cursor slipping or just staying put.  Someone told me it had to do with changing the sensitivity (DPI) configuration on the mouse settings.  I have a naga razor classic.

I've noticed this seems to happen sometimes after I alt+tab out of the game to do something and then click on the game screen instead of alt+tab back in. So if I alt+tab back out and then back in it seems to fix it. Must have trouble resetting the mouse if I just click on the game. I'm using two monitors and a G502 mouse.

Same issue here. Super annoying....I've died a bit and just been overall frustrated with it. I just disabled my 2nd monitor and removed it from my settings. Pretty terrible. I'll try that ALT + ENTER trick when I'm less frustrated.

Archived