Forums

bns wont open, missing nclauncher.exe

BeerXerKeR

hi, im very frustrated now, i been tryin gto play since yesterday, but everytime i try to play launcher keeps getting error, so i decided to uninstall it, then i dl the game agaon on bns site, and reinstalled it, i watch it install then it created a shortcut on desktop right, so i double click on it but it wont open, instead i keep getting a pop up saying problem with shortcut, the NClauncher has been change or removed. i check the file location and deleted all including the the ncsoft folder. so i did uninstall reinstall many times and its still saying missing ncsoft launcher..wtfffff

I found a solution :D Hope it works for you.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:47 AM, Thagoer said:

I had the same problem, luckily I still had the Beta Installer, which also installed the NCLauncher. If you have the Beta Installer, you can use that to install the NCLauncher client, and just cancel the game installation. If you don't have the Beta Installer anymore, or were not part of the Beta, you can download the NCLauncher here: http://launcher.patcher.ncsoft.com/NC-Launcher/NC-LauncherSetup.exe

Thank you MoskmaN, your launcher file worked for me.

To help anyone else who had this issue, if you're installing the game from the BnS website and then clicking the desktop icon and being told there is no NCLauncher, you can download the launcher from someone (I got mine from MoskmaN in this thread) and copy it to the NCSoft folder (or whichever destination you selected during the download from the BnS site), so that its in the same location as the folder titled "BnS". After clicking the desktop icon you can browse for the launcher, find it in the NCSoft folder as a .exe file and select it, and then the game will install like a charm. I haven't had any problems after that.

This will also allow you to copy the NCSOFT folder and give it to friends and still have it work :P

Archived