Mushin (Premium members queue) WTF!?

Luminescent

What I don't understand is that I was queued for 115 mins but then an hour later it says 140 mins... Why is my estimated time keeps going up instead of going down? I'm pissed right now, I bought the master pack so I can play the head start and yet it's wasting it from all these long arse queue time. Did you guys even expect this to happen? I am honestly disappointed, as far as I know I've been waiting for almost 2 hours now and at this moment from 115 mins my actualy estimated waiting time is 188 mins. You guys should of thought that it will be like this and yet didn't do anything about it. It would have been better if you guys implemented a grace period so basically when you get disconnected, you can eventually get back in-game within 5 mins. Another thing, the fact that people doesn't really wanna log out because of this issue, and should have put in an AFK timer.

The reason the time is going up is because the time is an estimate of when to expect to get in based off your queue position and how often people were leaving the server earlier. Because the rate that people leave the server is variable, it has to recalculate again when it rate is slower or faster than when it last predicted it.

I completely agree, it would be really nice to take all the afk people out so those that actually want to play will get a chance to.

Just now, RogueJustice said:

Lemme guess, you chose Mushin? lol

You warned about joining a high pop server and refused to listen to those warnings.

Yup, I was playing on Mushin when it was CBT and decided to be in it when the game launches. I'm just disappointed that they didn't think thoroughly that it's going to be like this.

wait you saw the long queue and told urself, yes this server have like 3H queue and others are okay, you decided to enter the server, now you are pissed, and you came to forum to complain about it....just WHY???????????

3 minutes ago, RogueJustice said:

Lemme guess, you chose Mushin? lol

You were warned about joining a high pop server and refused to listen to those warnings.

Why is it so difficult for them to implement a character transfer system? Developers aren't retarded and I'm fairly certain this could be done.

Many people who have experienced a long que are opting to go afk ingame instead of log out when they are done :c wreaking havoc on the timer since there’s significantly less spots opening up than it is estimating.

(personally I’m packing up to head over to Poh, haven’t opened up my bundles so just a matter of waiting through one more que and mailing stuff over. My fault for underestimating the population xD)

And aww someone beat me too it

1 minute ago, Luminescent said:

Yup, I was playing on Mushin when it was CBT and decided to be in it when the game launches. I'm just disappointed that they didn't think thoroughly that it's going to be like this.

They did... They warned everyone that Mushin was going to be a high pop server and that you should consider joining one of the others to avoid this issue. No matter what, you cannot squeeze 14k people in to a 10k capacity server.

2 minutes ago, Surrender said:

Why is it so difficult for them to implement a character transfer system? Developers aren't retarded and I'm fairly certain this could be done.

Its not, and i would be surprised if they dont at some point, just not today. I do suggest however if you havent opened your pack to move to another server.

3 minutes ago, Secho said:

wait you saw the long queue and told urself, yes this server have like 3H queue and others are okay, you decided to enter the server, now you are pissed, and you came to forum to complain about it....just WHY???????????

What do you mean "why"? Because I can do so? Lol.

2 minutes ago, RogueJustice said:

Its not, and i would be surprised if they dont at some point, just not today. I do suggest however if you havent opened your pack to move to another server.

I would do this but I don't want to risk losing my name.

1 minute ago, RogueJustice said:
4 minutes ago, RogueJustice said:

They did... They warned everyone that Mushin was going to be a high pop server and that you should consider joining one of the others to avoid this issue. No matter what, you cannot squeeze 14k people in to a 10k capacity server.

Well... the thing is when we had the head start, I didn't have any problem logging back in. There was no queue or whatsoever so I thought okay so far so good, everything will be fine. But, then I was wrong.

Not everyone reads the forums for news of server populations. If NCsoft knew that certain servers would be highly populated they should have given notice at time of name reservation on the 11th, which they didn't. Two days of trying to get in and still nada. Hope they compensate us for not being able to get in or offer us a refund.

39 minutes ago, Surrender said:

I would do this but I don't want to risk losing my name.

Assuming you haven't grabbed your goodies out of the mail yet, there is virtually 0 chance of losing your name.

1.  Save off your character appearance (if you haven't already)

2.  Delete the character on Mushin.  (assuming he hasn't grabbed any of the goodies)

3.  A 5 min countdown timer will pop up.

4.  When the timer finishes, immediately zoom through character creation, (using presaved appearance) and create the character with the same name on the new server.  (Note:  Probably want to make sure ahead of time that your desired destination server isn't locked.

1 hour ago, Luminescent said:

"disappointed that *you* didn't think thoroughly"

fixed that for you

=D

As Luminescent said when we joined Mushin the Q's werent so bad, so we could live with it. Yes i knew that there was gona be Q's but i still went there cause all my friends went there and i wanted to be with them. I guess sue me and everyone else for thinking like that.

I knew about Q's cause i read forums and i watch the live streams. But im pretty sure that the rest of 20k+ people that joined Mushin not all of them do so. 

I would go to another server but guess what my character is almost 30 lvl with half of my master pack items on it. It will take 7 days to be deleted at this point and i really like my name to risk losing it now.

Oh and the cherry on top , to where i live internet connection resets once a day, so i have no choice but logging out so someone can take my place.

p.s. btw we also lose hours from our premium days too by being in queue half a day lol. xD

You know, it wouldn't be so bad if there was at least a 30 minute AFK timer kick. There's games where it kicks you after 5 minutes. That's the main issue. For the short period I spent on yesterday, about twenty percent of the players I saw, stood still for long periods of times. There was a group of AFK players that were all still there when I came back an hour later.

8 minutes ago, Despondency said:

You know, it wouldn't be so bad if there was at least a 30 minute AFK timer kick. There's games where it kicks you after 5 minutes. That's the main issue. For the short period I spent on yesterday, about twenty percent of the players I saw, stood still for long periods of times. There was a group of AFK players that were all still there when I came back an hour later.

Yes exactly, all big population games or at least the ones i played have an afk timer...gw2 for example kicks you out after 30 mins or so even if you auto-run against a wall or use a skill...shity Archeage used to kick you out after 20 mins too until they changed it cause nobody was playing anymore...so yeah there are solutions. It only comes down to how easy it is for them to implement them.

Imo the best would have been from the beggining if servers had an actual indication of how full they are and when the population goes to max, it gets locked. Tough luck for those that didnt make it. But then people would complain about not being able to be with their clans blabla. So that's a fail too.

Solution : Afk timer. Problem solved. Q's maybe yes, but at least smaller.

Archived