Make ALL Key / Mouse Buttons Bindable.

Castion

Here is my solution: get in your super fancy mouse software and make another profile where you simply remap the m4 and m5 and even the wheelbutton to whatever you want. You can even make macros if you really want, like sprint or ss or other mambo jambos. Even in a cheap a4tech you can make different profiles where you can rebind the buttons and its even easier on an expensive 12+ buttons rat. So give me my cookie!

I'll add my two cents on how much this sucks. I use a Razer Death Adder 3500 3.5g gaming mouse. It's wonderful. Smooth, comfortable etc. I've never had any problems using it with any other modern game. Not being able to use it here is really frustrating to me and as silly as this sounds, it's the one thing that may be a gamebuster for me. I have a Naga that I pulled out, and while the buttons work (because the naga simply has 12 buttons that are direct extensions of keys 1-12) it's very uncomfortable and the buttons are much to small for my taste. Simply put, I love my Death Adder and I should be able to use it with a new game.

I've tried going into Razer program to change the mouse buttons to direct key, and I've tried using 3rd party programs like Mouse-x, but I can't seem to get it to work.

EDIT: I finally got it to work. For anyone else using a Death Adder 3.5, go here: http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=48&pcid=168&nav=0,76,168

You may have to register an account if you don't already have one with Razer.

Click on Synapse 2.0

Choose your versions, PC or MAC

Download Synapse then let it update

Open Synapse, log in, and it will allow you to set MB4 and MB5 to whichever keys you want. You can then save the profile and switch it back to the default profile if you are playing any other games.

Edited by Alphashado

i have Drakonia Black mouse that has 9 fully programmable keys and i can bind any key to it without problem, and the software doesn't cause any issue with the game. i have Z-V keys bind on it. my wheel has 3 buttons(middle press and left-right sideways) and i can bind keys to those without any problem

agree. why the *cricket* isnt it possible? even on the russian server i had to mace an autohotkeyscript for binding map and potion to M4 and M5. (now this doesnt even work anymore cuz "macros", "bots" (gameguard), SEE HOW WELL THIS IS WORKING)

make *cricket*ing mouse binds working please!

or let NC korea devs send you a patch for EU/NA client which makes mouse binding possible, if you cant do it on your own. its basically their broken stuff anyway.

an no, i will not get a mouse and bind M4 M5 to another key via they mouse software since i still use those key for forward/previous in browser like environment, and not feel like changing the key assignments EVERY time.

Edited by OnlyRyan

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Long time ago i use to have Razor Naga with 12 keys on the side i didnt rly had problems to bind bns keys there, in synapses program i just changed the mouse keys there like: mouse keys 1 2 3 4 to game keys z x c v and so on. 

• 2 weeks later...

i was using x-mouse from launch up until bloodlust (8th Feb) patch, now it no longer works.

its ridiculous that you cant bind mouse buttons, to the point that i may stop playing all together.

its just too awkward for me to use v,c,x

2 hours ago, wildeh said:

i was using x-mouse from launch up until bloodlust (8th Feb) patch, now it no longer works.

its ridiculous that you cant bind mouse buttons, to the point that i may stop playing all together.

its just too awkward for me to use v,c,x

Me too... i really dont know what to do now! I played for so long with mouse 4 and 5 working, that i really dont know if i can keep playing! since the update i only logged in twice, and didn't do anything since 2 of my most important skills are out of reach now...i agree with taking out cheaters! arena was sometimes pretty frustrating! but is it so f...... difficult to allow at least mouse buttons? Dont know what to do now...

• 10 months later...

i have a normal trust gxt 25 mouse.no driver on it.but that would not be the issue.having some key bind on the mouse buttons is a huge advantage in game.and my problem is that only some,can be used in b&s...it's ok if they all work or don't work at all...but just some of them,that is not acceptable for me.i also see the problem is not new.actualy its an old issue of the game.personaly i am quiting the game just becouse of this(ofcourse,im a new player so its easy for me)i won't invest time in a game with such huge support problems.

• 2 months later...

The only argument that will have any kind of effect for your idea is "premium only." NCW doesn't care about your buying a gaming mouse. If your mouse has rebinding software it will work. If it does not have that software, what is the incentive for NCSOFT(parent company) to do anything? No, if anyone were to get the keybinding ability, it would be premium players because if you stop premium after getting used to easier keys you will most likely want that easy of play back, and buy premium again.

Or you could just buy a proper gaming mouse with the software suite. Research your purchases beforehand specifically for the game you mean to play, caveat emptor.

If they are going to fix key binding directly for mouse, they should also need to fix input delay when using mouse buttons.

For some reason, the delay between input with mouse button is far worse than the delay between input with keyboard. This is a reason why many people use 3rd-party software just to bind their LMB RMB into R T for faster skill response.

• 1 year later...

Really, it's not even just about comfort; This is about accessibility. I, for example, have carpal tunnel (worse in one hand than the other), and it'd really help to have walk and jump bound to my mouse so I can rest my other hand sometimes.