Make ALL Key / Mouse Buttons Bindable.

Castion

On January 17, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Telison said:

Completely agree. It's just unbelievable that keybinding options so often are not done right in games. These three requirements really is all you should need as a developer:

* Make all keybinds configurable.

* Allow for all keyboard keys, and mouse buttons to be used.

* Allow modifiers (shift/ctrl/alt)

I did go the 3rd-party software way myself as I have in many games, Autohotkey. If that was not an option I would not play the game.

This^^

Sad that in 2016 devs are limiting key bindings. I use Shift/Ctrl/Alt modifiers on all games that I play. Did you use Auto Hotkey to make Shift/Ctrl/Alt modifiers?

If so I would love to k is how you did it.

Blade & Soul is power by Unreal Engine 3, and should support mouse thumb button 1 & 2 keybind, so I have no idea why is not supported. If you look at all the documentations, all UDK, UE3.5, UE4 game engine has support for it.

Here's some food for thought though. Most game don't support buttons other than LMB, RMB, MMB, TMB1, TMB2 is for the same reason with gamepad in the past. Every devices uses different code/data to interpret the mouse button press, which is why there is some effort to collect data on how every mouse manufacture does it. You will not see naive support for it until Microsoft creates an API Standard for mouse buttons and encourage all peripheral manufacture to start following it, the same way they created the X-Input API for gamepad controllers that all current game developer started using.

EDIT:

If GameGuard is closing your game because your mouse game profiler checks the process for its id, then remove the auto-profile feature from the mouse profile and have it run in persistent mode. (This does not apply to Razer. I've always hated Razer Synapse drivers. They like to cause other drivers to crash, for example if you have both a Logitech and Razer product connected to the computer, Razer driver will cause Logitech driver to crash. Whether it's Logitech, SteelSeries, Corsair, Razer, and many other brands, I've use them all and Razer Synapse causes the most problems.)

Edited by Agranite

On 1/16/2016 at 9:24 AM, Castion said:

NOTICE:  

- If you're going to say, "get a third party software...," do not bother to comment.  You don't put a band aid on a wound that requires stitches.  And stating such is BESIDE THE POINT.

- It you're against having more bind-able options, there is something wrong with you, do not comment.

- Do not bash this OP, it's a fair complaint.

Ok so now that the notice is out of the way.  I need a lot of support on this guys, and anything else you can add.  I bought an MMO mouse for the purpose of using it for (you guessed it) MMO's...   So what is going on, NCSoft??   How is it that in this day of age, in a non-targeting, action-based combat game, we somehow are not able to bind additional mouse buttons?  Even if it's just a Death Adder, not having the middle mouse button, or mouse button 4 and 5 bind-able is very... whats the term..  LAZY.   And for someone like me, who is left handed and has a left-handed mouse, I find comfort in the use of those extra mouse buttons, as to where I don't using preferred keys on the keyboard.

So I ask you guys at NCSoft, if it's not too hard, include the addition of mouse binds to your bind-able list.  You'd be doing a lot of gamers a favor!

Link(s) of other people claiming this issue:

(^- Keybind issues are related to Gameguard.)

(^- This is also an issue.  Not everyone enjoys the double-tap.)

From Beta 1, even.. Hope is lost.

And another one.

Razer Naga Epic mouse here. I can bind them all, not sure what your deal is.

I really would like to hot key dodge. I dislike having to double-tap. Seems real unresponsive sometimes. 

18 minutes ago, Troska said:

Razer Naga Epic mouse here. I can bind them all, not sure what your deal is.

I also use a Razer Naga Epic and cannot bind m4 and m5. Are you just remapping the key to match an in game binding or actually binding m4 & m5 in game?

You get use to it. I use a Logitech G502 on my home PC, and I use a spare Razer Naga (2014) on my gaming laptop. I need a minimum of 3 programmable thumb button to bind to shift/ctrl/alt =)

I also have two Logitech G13 as well. I was going to get the razer version, but after how much I don't like razer driver causing problems, i decided against it. I actually want to try out the MadCatz gaming mouse, but for a mouse, it's pretty pricey.

Edited by Agranite

• 3 weeks later...

Please do this, I for one HATE the Z,X,C,V configuration and would love for tab to be mount to my MB4. I dont see why not let mouse be bindable, it seems every new game that comes out doesnt want to bind with the mouse. Its so frustrating.

This is just annoying as hell. I use a Logitech m570 trackball and just want 4 and 5 for toggling walk/run and autorun.  Someone needs a punch in the head for not adding additional mouse buttons in the keybind options at the least. SetPoint should be able to do the job but noooo, this game guard shit obviously does nothing against bots, so it's trash as far as I can tell.

So it has been a couple of months.  I don't see anything so far regarding a change in the keyinds or mousebinds in the news or on the forums.  NCSoft has a hard time making their customers / player-base happy.  But this request is one that can't be ignored.  They have lost my respect.

In every mmo I play, as soon as I gain control of my character I go straight to the settings to check a few key things, one of which is to disable double tap to sprint/dodge. In BnS it's not like we can run backwards so imo not being able to substitute S+S for Shift+S is just laziness lol

So many unintended backsteps, mixed with the combat-lock bug.. man I just sighed in frustration jus thinking about it lol.

Can we get some kind of Dev feedback on this issue Maybe an expanation that they're working on it or acknoledge of our disatisification that you cannot bind these keys? Just a Hey yes we understand and are looking into it would be nice. I mean if you want to keep up with all the other MMOS out there this should be an option. 

Bump and I will say even thou I'm stuck using a complete garbage mouse (aka the dreaded Microsoft crap x,x) I can see my need ever increasing a mouse that can bind keys... My hands don't like trying to push certain buttons in combo with others ( this case being 3, 4, v and c) having more freedom for binds is a must nowadays... *sigh*