Forums

Log out players who are AFK

Koihime

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Raku said:

People would then just find a way to spoof it.

There's been talk about autorunning into walls in buildings in-game already, and in Final Fantasy XIV, AFKers purposely have the marketplace window open to trick the game into thinking they're there.

People ask for AFK timers.

Staff says they're working on AFK timers.

You still find something to complain about? WTF?

Just now, bug said:

People ask for AFK timers.

Staff says they're working on AFK timers.

You still find something to complain about? WTF?

How am I complaining? I'm providing insight to what would potentially happen.

10 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

We are currently looking into alternative ways to help alleviate some of the long queue times such as implementing an AFK feature to Blade & Soul. We'll be sure to keep you guys posted as soon as we have solidified all of the details.

Thank you for looking into this. I'm glad that there is plans to fix this issue. Most if not all modern MMOs have this and I think it will even help alleviate the queue times

2 minutes ago, Raku said:

How am I complaining? I'm providing insight to what would potentially happen.

Well surely they have people on staff who know how MMOs work, right? This isn't their first rodeo, they know all the common tricks and whatnot. Yeah there's always going to be crafty individuals looking to get around the measures, but let them work on it. Anything is better than the current nothing.

Tried to log in before work (8 AM EST) just for giggles... 682 members in queue. Lowest it went down to over the course of 15 minutes was 662 players. Estimated wait time was over 70 minutes.

...Yeah, I think an AFK boot needs to occur sooner rather than later. My Mushin character isn't a priority right now (my highest is on Poharan ATM, so it's not like I'm miserable just waiting in queue), but it's pretty ridiculous that at 8 AM on a Sunday the queue is this high already, and isn't actually going down at all because people are no longer logging out.

1 hour ago, Lorelei said:

Tried to log in before work (8 AM EST) just for giggles... 682 members in queue. Lowest it went down to over the course of 15 minutes was 662 players. Estimated wait time was over 70 minutes.

...Yeah, I think an AFK boot needs to occur sooner rather than later. My Mushin character isn't a priority right now (my highest is on Poharan ATM, so it's not like I'm miserable just waiting in queue), but it's pretty ridiculous that at 8 AM on a Sunday the queue is this high already, and isn't actually going down at all because people are no longer logging out.

That's not the way that first number works. That's the total number of people in the queue, not your position in the queue.

That being said... Yesterday I had 1,700 people in the queue; took 2 1/1 hours.  This morning I had 900 people in the queue when I logged in; estimated wait time: 2 1/2 hours. Safe to say we need to boot AFKers. It's absolutely ridiculous that they don't boot AFK players, have multi-hour queue times, and if the game crashes you have no window to rejoin without being placed in the queue.

Agreed, add an AFK timer.

The ammount of players who rolled the server is cool.

Just when half are AFK in the server... creates queues. Due to active slots not being properly utilised. 

If all people on the server were actually active, I do believe the queues would be much smaller... maybe a few minutes... 2-15 minutes max.

Lol, cant play my 31 Summoner on Mushin with friends and clan.

Guess back to my 21 Force master on Jiwan...

Queued this morning at 7am for 1h10m to get in.. come back after doing stuff around the house...

Then get in.. start a few quests, randomly bugged and got kicked.

Join queue... 1h20m... game randomly shows me Blade and Soul screen and closes...

Join queue... 0h35m... game randomly shows me Blade and Soul screen and closes...

Now trying to load the client again... its saying "This account is already logged in"...

Dafuq?

Even more simple soultion:

For the initial days, set a daily server restart time at some odd hour, say 4:01 AM PT (NA).  No coding required, and AFKers are auto-kicked daily. If that is still not enough, go hardcore and reboot every 4-6 hrs. 

12 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

We are currently looking into alternative ways to help alleviate some of the long queue times such as implementing an AFK feature to Blade & Soul. We'll be sure to keep you guys posted as soon as we have solidified all of the details.

AFK timer for every 15 minutes that can detect people macroing & auto-running into walls would be great, IDK how possible it is for it to be that meticulous but I do think that for the initial launch the timer needs to be relatively short, with a grace period of 5 minutes to get back into the game if you DC or crash for the people who might legitimately be playing but their AFK took longer than they thought it would. That way there's very little room for complaint at that point.

I think I remember in ArcheAge or FFXIV they found a way for the auto-running to be detected by an AFK timer.

18 hours ago, MixTape said:

the number is not your place in q. it is how many people are in q. the timer moves because it estimates average times of others logging off/ others logging on. so if it takes longer for people to log on and off, your timer will adjust. 

then you should know about q times. also, i never said afk kick was a bad idea or wrong. actually, ive supported that idea but sadly, everyone crying because 20000 people wanted to crowd onto a 7k slot server is just retarded. I could really care less about how long youve been playing mmos... it really doesnt matter because it just shows that you should know how launches go and you still cry like a newborn baby about it. anyways, ill leave you to your QQing. i got levels to get

I don't care if you care or not about my mmorpg experience as well.You are the one who first acted smart talking without knowing if I know how the majority of launches go.And let me tell you something.Tera didnt have this problem in headstart when it was p2p.GW2 didn't as well,at least in my server.WoW had max 40mins queue in my realm in some expansion launches and it was a high populated one.Warhammer had bugs,but not 8hours queues.Just because archeage had a total crap launch doesnt mean I should be ok with it and say "ehhh,AA was bad so it's ok B&S can be bad as well".

You only talk like that cause probably you aren't even in the servers that currently have problem or you are afk inside never logging out.I wouldnt have a problem if I didnt pay for the early access.I don't care about the costumes or premium I get from the pack.I just wanted an early access,and they knew mushin and windrest were going to have the majority of players,yet they didnt care to have a plan ready to counter some of the problems.

We are asking for simple stuff.Kick afkers.Do some server restarts everynow and then to force afkers out.Something at least.Nobody said we need instant queues.We understand (at least I do) we can't have everything.But w8ing 6-7 hours it outrageous.Those 6-7 hours could have been easily less with the fixes mentioned earlier.Even 30 mins earlier access is something.Stop being a white knight cause you just dont care about which server you want to play.Some of us have reasons to play on the specific servers.Stop being a smartass.If you dont have a queue in your server and you enjoy playing,then don't join the "QQ of the newborns" cause it doesn't concernt you.Keep playing.

• Amraith changed the title to Log out players who are AFK

Queue times are ridiculous, and they are only going to get worse as game gets released. Talked to a guildie who went to bed without logging out yesterday. When he woke up he was still logged in.  Can't believe that shit is possible? I wonder how many afk people are taking up server space like this...... Big problem that needs to be fixed IMO

Right now people are only sleeping on line and staying around for these extreme amounts of time BECAUSE of the horrific que if you are on Mushin or the EU equivalent (cant think of name atm). A couple weeks down the road once NCsoft figures out a better solution it will no longer be an issue. I have moved from mushin over to Hajoon and could not be happier with my lack of que screen. I personally hate it when a game logs you out after a certain amount of time. Sometimes I dont wanna bash enemy heads in and just want to take in the environment...or when I roleplay I can stand waiting 5 minutes for someone else to type a thought out response and then end up getting logged out..it is extremely annoying. It is even more annoying in a game I am paying money for. If FF XIV instituted an auto-logout period I would likely cancel my subscription because I view it as an immerson breaker. I could see this happening possibly for free players if the need is great enough once we go live, but do not do it to people who pay good money.

10 usd is not "good money" lol.

But yes there should be an AFK kick timer.

If you are role playing or looking at the scenery not hard to move your screen a but or move up some.

No one should be able to go to school come home do homework eat dinner and still be logged in server lol.

Please consider either Restarting servers (Mainly Mushin and Windrest) so that all AFK players are disconnected .

Please implement an AFK Timer, possible a Grace Period for crashes/Disconnects. 

And please DO NOT unluck Mushin and Windrest. Doesn't make sense to only temporarily lock a FULL server. 

Keep it locked until everything pans out.

Please consider either Restarting servers (Mainly Mushin and Windrest) so that all AFK players are disconnected .

Please implement an AFK Timer, possible a Grace Period for crashes/Disconnects. 

And please DO NOT unluck Mushin and Windrest. Doesn't make sense to only temporarily lock a FULL server. 

Keep it locked until everything pans out.

It's been requested a thousand times already, they've already said they're working on it but we probably won't see it until launch-day at the earliest. But yeah, this would help tremendously, as it has helped basically every game with the same problem.

Then they should announce it, if they are working on this SPEAK UP. 

This should have been already in the game.... Not AFTER head start is over.

Too busy watching Twitch looking for streamers to advertise their game?

Ques are to be expected on any "new" game. This is no surprise.

Anyone who complains about ques is.... different to say the least.

My concern is that NCSOFT is aware of this yet keeping the servers UNLOCKED.

As well as allowing people to sleep and come back and still be logged on.

I'm currently in game so this is no issue for me, it just doesn't make sense.

Archived