Log out players who are AFK

Koihime

Really, this release couldn't be worse, i was logged in and saw a few AFK ppl during my questing, never being logged out, i crashed and then i'm in queue while the afks are filling the server... I'm in windrest but i can't even imagine Mushin, sadly already equiped costumes and all, didn't know there was a queue when i was ngame, so no change server now... sucks, please do something BnS...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been queued since 30 minutes past the server opened on Mushin.  the rest of my guild is in there so i don't have much of a choice to change servers.  so far the queue has done nothing but go up from 194 - 1675 over the past 4 hours.  It would be nice to let a trickle of non premium players in instead of just never getting in so long as there is a premium queue.

So many AFKers all over the place.It's a small hotfix to kick them out,please do that.Some ppl took time off from their jobs in order to be able to play.Not to mention the ones who got disconnected cause of a crash/bug or whatever and got it queue for that reason.

Also,picking a different server isnt an option for many atm.Personal example,all my friends are currently playing in windrest (they r the lucky ones without dcs and some of the first ppl to log in when head start started) and some of them are 15 lvl + with already used items from master's packs.I cant just pick a different server now,cause simply I will not be able to play with my friends anymore.

Start kicking the AFKers.It's a solid temporary fix for now.

10 minutes ago, Vicool said:

So many AFKers all over the place.It's a small hotfix to kick them out,please do that.Some ppl took time off from their jobs in order to be able to play.Not to mention the ones who got disconnected cause of a crash/bug or whatever and got it queue for that reason.

Also,picking a different server isnt an option for many atm.Personal example,all my friends are currently playing in windrest (they r the lucky ones without dcs and some of the first ppl to log in when head start started) and some of them are 15 lvl + with already used items from master's packs.I cant just pick a different server now,cause simply I will not be able to play with my friends anymore.

Start kicking the AFKers.It's a solid temporary fix for now.

this must be your first mmo launch... it is no ones fault but your own if you took off work to come play a video game.  welcome to the western launch of a very highly anticipated mmo.

Hate to say it but this game has pretty much never had an AFK timer and I don't think it should have one.  Waiting in queue is not that big of a deal, it's only a problem if you dc or crash and don't get to log right back in.

22 minutes ago, MixTape said:

this must be your first mmo launch... it is no ones fault but your own if you took off work to come play a video game.  welcome to the western launch of a very highly anticipated mmo.

It actually isnt my first mmorpg.I play mmorpgs for like 12 years now so I'm pretty sure I play longer than you.Asking to kick afkers isnt something difficult,is common sense + most of the mmorpgs do that,and yes even in launch dates.Also,I didnt took time off of my work (that's the reason I'm in queue).Many others did tho,and you dont have any right to judge them.

Most players are staying logged into the servers all night while AFK. This of course is causing the Queue times to become even worse on Mushin and other serves. Please turn on auto Log out after a certain amount of time due to inactivity. 

No.

The server population will stabilize over time and queues will eventually disappear across all servers. Right now they're restricting character creation on some servers during certain times of the day to redirect players to places other than Mushin and Windrest.

Rather than hoping for a pointless feature that will almost certainly never come, why not reroll to a different server? If you have friends, try to convince them too. If you purchased a founders pack, then email support asking them to help you port your items over to a different server. I've heard that they're willing to do that for people.

This is awful and I'm waiting like since 1-2 hours ago to get in.

From my girlfriend which is in-game atm, she's telling me that people are standing afk and some people are even writing on global or wherever that they didn't go offline or turn the pc off just to avoid the queue... And hey, there is an average of 1-27 channels... with players afking a lot in a town... in a small village... another town.. another map, another village... another town... another MAP... another town... another village... ANOTHER dragon party pillar...

ANOTHER act... with so many towns/ villages/ dragon party pillars... all these multiplied with an average of 1-27 channels... this is awful and they should do an "afk-kick" system that's requiring like 1-2 hours of inactivity or something decent... Or to increase the capacity... or I don't know, but it's just awful... even the premium members are waiting in queue, which they've spent some real money and hundreds of euros/ dollars to play on the head start...

My queue is never changing into positive, but only getting worse.. I had in the beginning like 23 premium members and 20 minutes, after 1-2 hours later, I'm on 96 premium members and 560 minutes... After a while it's gonna be "one month" waiting time... And hey... I should get in at some time/ point when people decide to go to sleep right? that's like 5-6 hours maybe.. or even more... and hey... people are not going even offline to avoid the queue... This is heartbreaking... ;_;

A lot of us have been asking for AFK timer since yesterday afternoon. Hopefully, soon they'll add them, but I think it should boot those that's been AFK for 30 minutes.

As for restricting character creation on some servers doesn't help much. I've seen this done in other MMORPGs and it's helped very little to none at all. AFK timers pretty much always help, they did it on Aion when it was new and it got rid of pretty much all queues.

It's nice and all that they are redirecting creation to other servers but unless people are willing to go through the trouble of sending in tickets to get characters moved to different servers, think of all the friends of those on Mushin and Windrest that will try to get into those servers later on when the game releases for others. Maybe it will convince others to move to a new server or create an even bigger load on an already extremely populated server.

With so many people complaining about the ridiculous queues, They're definitely going to have to implement either an afk kicker or something to appease this problem.

16 minutes ago, Anticlergy said:

It is only gonna get worse on Monday. Honestly, they should have done this already. $130 for this weekend. Joy.

As far as the afk thing, in any headstart/launch I have ever been apart of in an mmo, the afk thing is real on really popular servers.  Just hit numlock and run into the walls for eternity until you came back to avoid the queue.

I couldn't stand 30min of waiting to get in so I went to OMC and called it a day.

As a side note you should have expected the queue time and made alternate plans if you didn't want to wait.  And according to a popular streamer, they have plans to offer server transfers later.

18 minutes ago, Anticlergy said:

It is only gonna get worse on Monday. Honestly, they should have done this already. $130 for this weekend. Joy.

Assuming you're on Mushin (for NA; if not, sorry), they are not allowing anyone to join that server on launch day actually. So...

Most games have an AFK timer, and it's usually around 30 minutes or so. It's an easy way to give some relief to the congestion, even if just a little. They already have the ability to turn it on, it's only a matter of them "flipping" the switch. 

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

I think this is a great idea anything over an hour inactive should make room for other people to play its been done on other games during launch

First, I will admit I tried to stay logged in because the queue times are horrible, but when my computer slept it locked up the game. 

Now that my confession is over, yes... please log inactive people, but 1 hour is too long.  Needs to be 30 minutes at max.  If it's an hour, most people will just keep coming back moving a little, but 30 minutes would make it much harder on a lot of those kind of die hards.  I will not go afk anymore for extended periods, but they need to fix this problem before they lose a lot of people like they did on Wildstar with all it's problems at launch.

6 hours ago, Bacon21 said:

As far as the afk thing, in any headstart/launch I have ever been apart of in an mmo, the afk thing is real on really popular servers.  Just hit numlock and run into the walls for eternity until you came back to avoid the queue.

I couldn't stand 30min of waiting to get in so I went to OMC and called it a day.

As a side note you should have expected the queue time and made alternate plans if you didn't want to wait.  And according to a popular streamer, they have plans to offer server transfers later.

Just so that I am clear on what I am saying, and that I do not come off as a person whining, let me explain in detail what I mean.

First, I accept that I rolled on a highly populated server and I need to deal with the consequences of that choice. My guild is there, so I went there. But, I am owning my choice. It is 100% my fault and I need to deal with high queue times.

However, I am not complaining about that. All I am asking for a simple solution. What I would like is to be able to roll on another server, collect all of my Master's Pack rewards(even if I opened them), and then be able to transfer back with my guild at another time. And, I am not asking for a free handout either. I will gladly play on another server if I can have my toons name and items. I will also gladly PAY to transfer back to Mushin when things calm down. 

Anyhow, I have no issues owning my mistake in this. All I ask is the Dev team give me real options to fix it. It is not a good option to never be able to play with my friends and guild. The option to join them in the future is the best option in my opinion. And, as I stated earlier, I am willing to pay for it. 

1 minute ago, Master_Jey said:

its kinda impossible if the system hasnt been implemented yet. maybe refresh the server would log out everyone including afkers. but then IT would be a server overload and a race to who gets in first.

its not impossible, its a fairly easy update to do......also a server refresh would do a lot of good kicking those afkers. it would not be a server overload.....the server handled it just fine at launch yesterday.....there was a wait time after 3minutes on mushin.......i know this cuz my friend's internet crashed then. And it wont crash cuz thats precisely what a login que is the to prevent.

Archived