Forums

Being told I spent my Master Pack Ncoins in Alpha and won't be receiving any for launch... WTF

BabyBoy

I waited all day for a response from a GM and this is what I got:

GM Kollsveinn Yesterday at 21:40

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Blade and Soul Support team.

We have double checked your account and found that you have consumed your Ncoin obtained from the masters pack to the other NCSoft Games such as WildStar, Aion and Lineage II. Hope this clarifies your inquiry.

If you have any other concern, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM Kollsveinn
NCSOFT Support Team

The only game I've been playing today is Blade and Soul, I only applied my code today. Prior to today I applied my Alpha code back in October which we were supposed to be getting everything spent back. These were all separate codes.

Everyone else who applied their new code today got their Ncoins and I'm being told I somehow spent them on other games(including ones I don't even play). Can someone please help me? This is ridiculous. How could I have spent my Ncoins if the game just launched today and it's all I've been playing? In Wildstar I purchased Ncoins. Why would I have received Ncoins for other games by applying my ALPHA code to use them in ALPHA?!

I can't buy anything in the store because of this. I paid a lot of money and I feel like I'm being yanked around. I'm being accused of doing something that shouldn't even be possible.

NCoin, Founder’s Packs, European servers

Ø NCoin spent during the Blade & Soul Alpha or Beta is not real NCoin, but “test” NCoin. It will not affect your real NCoin balance.

Ø All NCoin purchased on NCSOFT.com until the last Closed Beta Testing Weekend will be matched with test NCoin in Blade & Soul.

Ø Founder’s Pack items can be claimed in the Alpha or Beta if you have applied your Disciple or Master’s Pack serial code. You will be able to claim them again at launch.

I think that they explained the way NCoins worked in a way that was VERY confusing.

When you applied the code to your account during Alpha, your actual NCoin balance changed on your account, meaning that yes they could actually be spent on other games had you wanted to. However, the balance that you saw in game was a "test" balance with "fake" coins. So basically, you were given real NCoins that could not be accessed in BnS Alpha/Beta AND also "fake" coins that could only be seen in Alpha/Beta.

For example: I applied my code during Beta and had 7200 NCoins on my NCSoft account. When I applied the code my ACTUAL NCSoft NCoin balanced changed. If I had wanted to I could have spent those coins on any other game during Beta as the coins on my NCSoft account were real. On Beta I also had a balance of 7200 "fake" NCoins. I most of my "fake" NCoins in Beta and my "fake" balance went down, but my ACTUAL NCSoft balance stayed the same. Again, if I had wanted to I could have gone ahead and spent them on another game even after spending the "fake" coins. If I had spent those ACTUAL coins I wouldn't have had them refunded to me, but I didn't spend them so I still have them in my account.

Sorry for using quotations and capitalizing those words. It's just that I was having some difficulty explaining it Q-Q I think NCSoft had some trouble explaining because that quote that you posted was very misleading/confusing.

You mentioned in your post that you had bought NCoins for Wildstar. Is it possible that having misunderstood what they meant by "test" coins you accidentally went ahead and overspent NCoins on Wildstar?

Then I'm really at a loss as to why they would give the Ncoins before the game even launched and mix us up like that only to turn around and blame us at launch. I regularly have a high Ncoin balance so for them to do something like that is really ridiculous and poorly planned. Now I'm getting penalized for something they could've easily avoided by withholding the real Ncoins until launch.

Every other game waits till it launches for the store currency to be given. This one somehow applies to other games before the game you bought it for even launches. That's just nuts. I didn't buy this pack for other games. I'm so pissed right now.

I agree completely. I don't why they gave away the real coins during Alpha/Beta. I unfortunately can't offer any more help, but hopefully they'll be able to work something out for you? Maybe contact Wildstar GMs to have whatever you bought with the NCoins removed from your account and have those coins refunded? Don't know if NCSoft does this sort of stuff because BnS is the only game of theirs I play, but it's worth a shot.

Archived