Economy? Is there one?

Temjiu

I may just be missing it (too used to things handed to me? perhaps), but is there really a game economy as far as coins are concerned? I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention, but after doing all the quests in the areas, and following the storyline, and using fast travel about 4x total...I'm sitting at lvl 15 and i have 24 coppers to my name. I hadn't realized it, but the side quests aren't giving any coin rewards, and the mobs drop zilch for coinage.

Yet crafting takes coins. vendor takes coins. If i want to upgrade my weapon...coins. meld soul shields? well, at least that one is cheap for low tier melding, but man. If i want to bypass the vendor and make my own potions, crafting elements, etc...i have to spend coins. How do you make money in this game? There is literally zilch so far to farm. is it just that I'm in a lower level area, and farming is higher level? will the coin count increase somehow as i level? In Tera, coins felt smallish until the 30's or so...but I rarely felt strapped for need unless I wanted to buy something fancy off the AH. Here...I'm literally locked by lack of coinage. I almost had a heart attack when i found that a single ball of dough costed 10x what i had earned from lvl 1 to lvl 12 !

So....any secrets to making some cash in the game? or is it really just out of whack like it feels? I'm not looking to be the merchant king on my server....heck, I just wanted to try some crafting when I joined the crafting guilds. tips and information appreciated! I'm not looking for easy money and handouts...but usually by this level in most MMO's I play (play quite a few in my two decades of playing), this one seems the most stingy on coinage. 

Just looking for a few tips to get me going in the right direction. I'm sure I'm missing something. And for right now please keep PvP out of it. Not a PvP player. so solely PvE elements.

Sounds like you may not have premium activated. If you do, good job on spending all that money. Without premium the start of B&S is a little rough on monetary standards but as you start to get farther, it becomes a little easier quest wise. Just be warned the weapon upgrades sorta become more expensive along with the money boost as you continue through the game.

Crafting: the Potter's guild makes important mats that literally every other crafting guild needs. They also make pickaxes which you can sell to farmers. I'd avoid the crafting guilds for making hammers, unsealing charms, and pots since you could easily farm those up by repeating smaller dungeons or just mass looting in the bigger dungeons.

Another tip: Don't waste your unsealing charms and keys. You level extremely fast in this game, and you can buy decent soul shields for valor stones in the major cities of each region. I'd say don't waste your hammers too but you don't want to do PvP. I'll put it in anyways. Use a trash weapon (training weapon you receive when you start playing) in the arena, it does the same damage. Only blow keys on chests that give you need to use on upgrading your weapon/accessories. Saving is extremely useful for when you reach max level where items start taking 2-4 keys and charms to open up.

I know you said don't mention it but I just have to. Arena dailies, they give money too. Since you don't want to really do them, you could just run up and do nothing to your opponent and let them beat you quickly and hop out as soon as you're done with your participation dailies. Also, at max level, doing WPvP is really important, for mats, for your clan, for money, for the dragon kills. It blows if you really absolutely want to avoid PvP in its entirety but you miss out on a lot of bonuses.

The best way to make money is to, walk on close destination if you're tight on money. When you reach end-game, you should be able to have a few gold. By then, you're out of regular quests to do. All that's left are the Daily Quests. In Misty Woods, the daily quests will give you approximately 1~2 gold in total. With this money, you can research a profession. Researching professions can make you money, depending on what the research is. For example, my professions allow me to create dumplings and tonics. I'm able to sell the excessive amounts of tonic on the marketplace to create cash flow. As you level up your profession, you're able to create higher level products, which will increase the amount of currency to create the items. Doing dailies should be suffice amount of currency to create and sell your product.

Thanks for the tips guy! much appreciated :D even the PvP ones (you never know...I may go there if the money is that good).

Haven't gone Premium yet, I probably will come next paycheck. I believe in supporting the game I'm playing, and right now B&S is enjoyable, So I'll probably make home here for a bit.

Also answered one of my own questions with patience. I thought that it was weird that side quests weren't giving coin rewards, but shortly after chapter 16 they did! I'm "assuming" that this was partially to control low level farming by Gold sellers...I just needed to play long enough to get to the "coin quests". 

Thanks folks! Putting your tips to use as we speak.

Archived