Constant client crashes

Cristoff

So far since I started to day I had client crash on average every 20 minutes.  Never had this issue in Beta.  What is worst I have to task manager often and remove running process for BnS.  this is happening over and over w/o any visible reason.

I've also had crashes similarly. I'll crash between 5 minutes to an hour after starting the client. I was waiting in the queue the whole time and would crash. I thought maybe the queue was messing it up, so I tried a character on another server other than Mushin and still crashed. 

It's pretty annoying. I haven't been able to play at all today, while all my friends could. I've reinstalled, rebooted my pc, and so far nothing has worked.

28 minutes ago, Fang Himura said:

I've also had crashes similarly. I'll crash between 5 minutes to an hour after starting the client. I was waiting in the queue the whole time and would crash. I thought maybe the queue was messing it up, so I tried a character on another server other than Mushin and still crashed. 

It's pretty annoying. I haven't been able to play at all today, while all my friends could. I've reinstalled, rebooted my pc, and so far nothing has worked.

same thing is happening for me. Got pass the queue 3 times, crashed 5 minutes after that. Currently in queue...again.

I remember even Archeage wasn't this bad, like even if you crashed in AA, there's a something like 5 minutes window to be able to get into the game without having to wait for the queue.

15 minutes ago, PepeLeFrog said:

same thing is happening for me. Got pass the queue 3 times, crashed 5 minutes after that. Currently in queue...again.

I remember even Archeage wasn't this bad, like even if you crashed in AA, there's a something like 5 minutes window to be able to get into the game without having to wait for the queue.

ArcheAge had a few good things, but they also didn't learn how to implement them properly until it was too late.

Still loved the game though, 'til it was time to move on, failed management FTW.  Game had so much potential.

Good thing about NC is I've played Aion for a long while in the back so I already expect them to make these mistakes, which somehow makes it easier to deal with :p

NCsoft haven't listed the constant crashes as a Known Gameplay Issue but many people are experiencing this (many, many, many, people), and currently there doesn't seem to be a workaround.

People are trying to "fix it" by reinstalling the Blade and Soul client, but I haven't heard of that as 100% fixing the problem (worth the try though). 

The crashes aren't a problem for everyone, but it's certainly a problem for most people. I've even heard of crashes after every quest, and the cutscene crashes are certainly common as well (with a hilarious workaround by ncsoft)   

Ps: 

It could also be due to using any Razor items, in which case go to: 

22 hours ago, Cristoff said:

So far since I started to day I had client crash on average every 20 minutes.  Never had this issue in Beta.  What is worst I have to task manager often and remove running process for BnS.  this is happening over and over w/o any visible reason.

i'm having the SAME exact problem , crashes every 20-30min and im forced to use the task manager to close the game completely  then relaunch the game i crashed more than 30 times today..

5 hours ago, WorldStar said:

i'm having the SAME exact problem , crashes every 20-30min and im forced to use the task manager to close the game completely  then relaunch the game i crashed more than 30 times today..

are you guys using any Razer items? if so, they are/can/will be the cause of your frequent crashes. 

If not, it's something else. 

4 minutes ago, KuroKaiken said:

and if i am what is the fix? other than not using them of course

Many are just disabling and reanabling it. 

You should also disable the Chromo Keyboard in the settings. 

I haven't heard of a way to fix it other than disabling them... 

But I've also heard that the latest update fixes this problem. 

Wonderful....*cricket*ed up patch, another patch which fixes jack shit, and more D/Cs.  I try to start Narrows right after I log in, and still d/ced 2x times in middle of last boss fight, which means I get screwed.  Would be nice if they fixed it already.  Hard to take advantage of head start if you constantly have to re log and 50% have to redo instances.

On 1/16/2016 at 9:17 PM, Cristoff said:

Im having this exact problem. Still no fix after the patch. Any recommendations? Makes me want to quit the game.

I haven't had time to test the theory but I have a strong feeling this only happens for newly created servers, I rarely experience crash when I was playing in hao district, but when I switched over to spirit's rest my client crashes upon entering sometimes, if not halfway during gameplay.

Archived