Server Suggestions to reduce queue

Atheyana

It seems Mushin (NA Region) and Windrest (EU Region) are having major queue related issues. Found out the capacity is 7,000 active players and 5,000 in queue. These numbers aren't good for the size of either region's player base. Here are some thoughts on how to fix said issue.

• Increase size - Double/Triple current active pool (14,000/21,000 active players) and can leave queue pool alone (5,000 players)
  • Have an afk timer that logs players out after being away for 2 hours. (fair for having a queue)
  • Set a restriction on highest populated server(s) so they can't go too far ahead of another server population wise.
  • Allow for full character server transfer (all items on character transfer with character) from one server to another that is a reasonable cost. (not sure if possible atm)

The above are methods on which to help reduce/balance the queue so people aren't waiting for a long time to play the game. Things may be fine right now but if people wait too long then they will move on to a different game. For myself I am in game as I write this but have heard many people who are having issues getting into the game. For the most part the community is to blame for focusing too much on the above posted servers. However, NCWest is partially responsible for not having countermeasures in place to prevent such an issue. There could have been caps in place to prevent a specific server from being overpopulated.

Feel free to leave feedback and I'd like to see an official response regarding this matter.

I agree with you and support all of the ideas you listed. Side note: I don't want Mushin to be locked, because I've got friends who are heading this way and I don't want to be separated from them. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people. The server capacity just needs to be raised, even if that means getting rid of some of the smaller servers. 

It needs to be locked we don't need people bum rushing Mushin on Monday. I would think the posts on here and other sites would scare them off but we all know people are gonna roll on Mushin for some odd reason. Mushin needs to be marked as full till further notice... we can't hold anymore players on the server the wait times are already over an hr(probably way more since the timer is JANK) aka meaning the server is FULL. This doesn't have to be forever but for right now at least till after the first couple weeks of release it needs to be put on cap. As far as our population goes i say we are fine since there are literally 2k people waiting to get in on the server not adding the people who are already in and the people who aren't trying right now.

2 minutes ago, Hime said:

Seeing the results of today, we have been working on putting an action plan together. More details shortly.

Thanks for the update! Hopefully you guys will be able to reduce the queue times, even if it's only by a small amount.

In my opinion as a networker and programmer... and vet mmorpg player spanning 2 decades of mmo's... here is my simple fix...

1. Free server transfers

2. Name guaranteed to be saved on transfer

3. Founder items on all toons... 

Really simple isnt it... 

9 minutes ago, Hime said:

Seeing the results of today, we have been working on putting an action plan together. More details shortly.

That you for the response Hime. I look forward to seeing how things improve from here. It's just that I want to see everyone enjoy the game as much as possible without being hindered by long queue times. 0-15 minutes is reasonable for people but 30+ minutes is unacceptable imo.

1. No news on that.

2. Names are region wide (only one character named Apple across all of NA, but there could also be an Apple on EU).

3. They've been avoiding this request, as far as I'm aware. It's really frustrating, as the packs were expensive and shouldn't be limited to one character. 

20 minutes ago, Kitten said:

I agree with you and support all of the ideas you listed. Side note: I don't want Mushin to be locked, because I've got friends who are heading this way and I don't want to be separated from them. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people. The server capacity just needs to be raised, even if that means getting rid of some of the smaller servers. 

Raising the capacity of a server isn't the easy however locking them is much easier

best solution was to lock the server when reach full state :) so the other servers don't end like deserts.

Also they should put a status bar or population bar near name of the servers so people can see state of the server.

42 minutes ago, TheDeadlyMouse said:

I agree with all but the AFK timer, you said for those that's been away for 2 hours... no, more like 30 mins. They can then change or remove the timer once the queues have died off.

If people are really just being dicks and leaving themselves logged in, (which they probably are, this is the internet and all) then yeah, there should be a 30 min AFK timer.

Probably wasn't needed in the KR version, as my understanding is the whole cybercafe culture thing.  You aren't going to simply leave yourself logged in at a cybercafe.  (which is presumably also why we have that extremely silly keypad pin thing when we try to access our characters)

53 minutes ago, Hime said:

We will be rotating character creation locks on all servers for a set time. Mushin, Iksanun, Old Man Cho,  Windrest, Cardinal Gates [DE], and Windweide  [FR] Ogong are up first.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/

The only issue I see with the list is that Mushin (NA) and Windrest (EU) need to be restricted the most out of all servers so basically only 2-3 available time slots per week for these. The other servers should have the rest of the slots. Doing this will balance all servers out faster.

this is effing sad, they opened all these servers but everyone just wants to play on that 1 even though this game is mostly cross realm D: so now they're gonna have 1 big upgraded mushin server where the other 8 or so just rots lol... sad

Archived