Forums

Some Premium members less Premium than others?

bandsqael

So, I bought a pack with some Premium membership included, and have applied the code to my account.

I'm in the queue to get in game, and the number of Premium members in line ahead of me keeps going up. Why am I, a Premium member, getting put behind other Premium members?

1 minute ago, bandsqael said:

So, I bought a pack with some Premium membership included, and have applied the code to my account.

I'm in the queue to get in game, and the number of Premium members in line ahead of me keeps going up. Why am I, a Premium member, getting put behind other Premium members?

That's not how it works right now. That is just showing the total amount of premium members also in queue with you currently. They did a Q&A stream ~1 hour ago and said that there will be a patch tomorrow that updates the queue to show your actual position and not just everyone in queue.

1 minute ago, Ghrim said:

That's not how it works right now. That is just showing the total amount of premium members also in queue with you currently. They did a Q&A stream ~1 hour ago and said that there will be a patch tomorrow that updates the queue to show your actual position and not just everyone in queue.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I am pretty upset.  I created a character.  Now, I find out. I cant log in.  The server is full and there is a que time.

I want to know why there are still options to make new characters on these full servers?  Shouldn't, the option to create a new character have been disabled for Mushin and so on?

And now what do I do?  Can't transfer.  Cant use my premium anything by creating a new character on a different server?  because everything is connected to the first character?

Who is going to fix this?  So, much for a head start?  and you even took our money for this nighmare

thanks

7 hours ago, GnatB said:

It's possible, if not probable, that higher premium rank gives higher queue priority?

All it says in the guide for queue priority for rank 1-10 is "yes".  Which could go either way.

This is true. Your Premium Rank level, at official release, will influence your queue. There is a regular queue, silver queue, and gold queue. Regular queue are those who do not have Premium, Silver are those who are Premium Level 1~6. Gold is Premium Level 7~10.

6 minutes ago, Aria Kyu said:

This is true. Your Premium Rank level, at official release, will influence your queue. There is a regular queue, silver queue, and gold queue. Regular queue are those who do not have Premium, Silver are those who are Premium Level 1~6. Gold is Premium Level 7~10.

Did they do official announcement somewhere about that ? totally missed it if so.

I doubt there will be alot of people level 7+ as with master pack + ~150€ you'll get at level 6 max. It would need more than ~200-250€ (Starting from lvl 4 with master pack) to get to level 7+. But yeah, some people may do it, but not a majority I suppose ^^

3 minutes ago, Jaisek said:

Did they do official announcement somewhere about that ? totally missed it if so.

I doubt there will be alot of people level 7+ as with master pack + ~150€ you'll get at level 6 max. It would need more than ~200-250€ (Starting from lvl 4 with master pack) to get to level 7+. But yeah, some people may do it, but not a majority I suppose ^^

This was confirmed on the forums during the beta. However it was never updated on any FAQ or further explained elsewhere. As for the levels, some people have already reached near max level(10).

3 minutes ago, Aria Kyu said:

This was confirmed on the forums during the beta. However it was never updated on any FAQ or further explained elsewhere. As for the levels, some people have already reached near max level(10).

Really, near max level... wow... some people love to feed NCsoft :P But still, I don't see it as the majority, so most of the premium will be in the silver lane I guess.

But I dont' see it as a problem anyway, queues will go away with the time anyway :)

Queues will never go down if nothing changes. The reason there is a queue is because a lot of people are joining at the same time. The remedy would be the server itself. Changes to how many people can get in at the same time, or upgrade the server (software or hardware, I don't know) to allow more people in the server. As it stands, people may be getting into the server(s) faster because people are randomly crashing.

Premium Levels are generally just a bonus. The 365 Day Premium equates to $150. With the incentive of getting that Black exclusive outfit to only that package.

8 minutes ago, Aria Kyu said:

Queues will never go down if nothing changes. The reason there is a queue is because a lot of people are joining at the same time. The remedy would be the server itself. Changes to how many people can get in at the same time, or upgrade the server (software or hardware, I don't know) to allow more people in the server. As it stands, people may be getting into the server(s) faster because people are randomly crashing.

Premium Levels are generally just a bonus. The 365 Day Premium equates to $150. With the incentive of getting that Black exclusive outfit to only that package.

Can't agree with you about the queues, all games proved that queues disappears with time (people leaving the game, changing server, server being upgraded with limits of the population so people have to go on other server, whatever reason.....).

Queues may come back at some point (new extension of game, new class, etc...) but at some points, queues will go lower to none with time. (I don't say the queues will go away in 3 days, but in about 2-3 months I suppose most of the problems will be gone.

(If not, we may suspect NCSoft to keep those queues on purpose, would be stupid but who knows...)

Just now, Jaisek said:

Can't agree with you about the queues, all games proved that queues disappears with time (people leaving the game, changing server, server being upgraded with limits of the population so people have to go on other server, whatever reason.....).

Queues may come back at some point (new extension of game, new class, etc...) but at some points, queues will go lower to none with time. (I don't say the queues will go away in 3 days, but in about 2-3 months I suppose most of the problems will be gone.

(If not, we may suspect NCSoft to keep those queues on purpose, would be stupid but who knows...)

Well, I agree with what you say. However, what you say reinforces my first statement. What you state is change. Queues won't go down if nothing changes. If population decreases, that's a change. I never really specified which change it would be. Generally though, through time and increase of population or steady population, the publisher would increase the population threshold of a server so queues would be uncommon. Though keeping the threshold small for a big game will kill the game quickly.

2 minutes ago, Aria Kyu said:

Well, I agree with what you say. However, what you say reinforces my first statement. What you state is change. Queues won't go down if nothing changes. If population decreases, that's a change. I never really specified which change it would be. Generally though, through time and increase of population or steady population, the publisher would increase the population threshold of a server so queues would be uncommon. Though keeping the threshold small for a big game will kill the game quickly.

Yes, ofc, something must happen. Totally agree with that. What I meant is that something will happen with the time, but like you say, we don't know what ^^

1 minute ago, Jaisek said:

Yes, ofc, something must happen. Totally agree with that. What I meant is that something will happen with the time, but like you say, we don't know what ^^

Hopefully NCSoft will increase the server thresholds to at the very least, decrease the queues. The crashing is giving many people headaches as they have to keep getting into new queues when this happens. Waiting 5~10 minutes in a queue is a lot better than waiting for hours, like many have reported thus far.

Just now, Aria Kyu said:

Hopefully NCSoft will increase the server thresholds to at the very least, decrease the queues. The crashing is giving many people headaches as they have to keep getting into new queues when this happens. Waiting 5~10 minutes in a queue is a lot better than waiting for hours, like many have reported thus far.

True, the crashes are a pain with the queues. They did put in place the character restriction schedule, it's a start (they were pretty quick with that imo, it's good).

I hope / guess, the next steps will come later. Head start is like a mini beta anyway, always was, always will be :)

Even with the restrictions, a lot of people already made their characters. So queue's will be long. Basically I'm playing another game while waiting for the queue to end. Only to come on, walk into the next map and crash. Restart Process.

Archived