Why is everyone trying to play on Mushin server?

Meowmeowmeowmeow

6 minutes ago, Meowmeowmeowmeow said:

All my friends started on Mushin 

And here I'm waiting for hours and hours for the que.

I tried to log into other servers and they don't even have any que.

I'm wondering why everyone wants to play on Mushin..?

Because people dont want to join a server that has a chance of being the lowest population server in the long run? when they actually want to join a large guild or pvp

18 minutes ago, Hime said:

There are various reasons why-- friends, clans, cool name, etc. But if you aren't held by those, please roll on the non-queue servers. (:

I would love to move from Mushin... however I will lose my founders items etc... :(

Apart from the fact that Mushin was the only server in CBT, I do believe the problem is also due to a translation / localization issue: "Mushin" sounds nice, familiar and has connotation with other elements (in Kendo and many Japanese martial arts there is often mention of "Mushin"), therefore players feel more familiar to the name and tend to choose the server that "make sens" in their mind compared to other servers with name that sounds unfamiliar and didn't make sens (Unless you are Korean speaker maybe). I used to play on TW server and there every servers have beautiful names and made sens, (I speak Chinese).  I think BNS team should have named the servers with more straightforward names such as Fire/Wind/Earth/Wood/Water  (so to speak, with something of Asia culture connotation, the five elements).  In that case players may be more evenly spread up among servers.

Server NA:
Mushin: 19639
Poharan: 4211
Jiwan: 4223
Master Hong: 2183
Iksanun: 1670
Hajoon: 1194
Yehara: 1432
Juwol: 666
Soha: 2005
Old Man Cho: 2745
TOTAL: 39968

This was posted by someone else two hours ago. I think everyone just wants to be on the most populated server to avoid future problems

Yah eventually, all other servers will die out of player base and there will be 1 server that will have the better player population and people don't want to be in that boat where they beg G.Ms to merge their dying server with the most populated server, and right now Mushin is waaaaay popular then the rest. So in the long run when servers start dying out, you don;t have to start from point 0 on the popular server. All I did was reserve myself a name on Mushin and began my adventure in Jiwan for the time being until Mushin population stables.  But hey the good thing about BnS is the cross server for arena and dungeons :D at least you have hope with connecting with the other servers in the big ways since arena and dungeons is what BnS for the most part is all about

• NCSOFT

There will also be a server or two that will always be more popular than others, but if you can, help contribute to the building of server population going to another server. Many aspects of Blade & Soul is cross server anyways so you won't ever be alone. (:

If you want to stay on Mushin, that's fine. We are just letting players know our other servers are available without queues.

18 minutes ago, Hime said:

There will also be a server or two that will always be more popular than others, but if you can, help contribute to the building of server population going to another server. Many aspects of Blade & Soul is cross server anyways so you won't ever be alone. (:

If you want to stay on Mushin, that's fine. We are just letting players know our other servers are available without queues.

I would do this if i could keep my names

21 minutes ago, Hime said:

instead of letting players know, WHY DONT YOU FOCUS YOUR ENERGY ON EXPANDING SERVER CAPACITY ON MUSHIN.

1 minute ago, LyonheartAz said:

I would do this if i could keep my names

Thats what I was worried about, but what I did is I kept my character on the server, but used an extra slot to make a copy of the character and then saved the look and deleted the original. This way the minute your character is deleted you just make another then go to your saved looks and then pick a server =) 

i think i might cancel my order, get refubnd then rebuy and make a new account so i can reroll on a diff server, with my master pack.. i played for a few hours soon as headstart started, and then got black screen gg, have waited full duration of my q 3 times each time its about to go ingame the game says error or discconnected.... what a joke why have a q if even when its finished wont allow you in the game? defeats the purpose doesnt it?

Archived