Make Founder Pack rewards show up for every new character.

VRock

12 hours ago, Mctrollin said:

I agree that the costumes and weapon skin should be available to all characters because I mean it wasn't cheap to get the master pack I would like to be able to show off the costumes on future characters. Similar how in a topic I made earlier about how wardrobe should be account shared.

Totally agree. Even when you buy in other games a Founders Package you get the items with all your charakters. So why must it be different in this game? What if you want to delete your main char, then all your costumes, weapon skins and the other goodies are gone and the $100+ are like .. pooof. You paid money for nothing. I really want also more space in my inventory with my alt.

What you bought are only pixel, so why bother giving it to all you chars you make?

If I had knew this was only for "one" charakter I had not spent the money. Honestely!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • NCSOFT

Thanks for the discussion and feedback so far. We wanted to jump in here and let you know that being able to trade costumes across an account is something we are in fact working on. Once available, this will be a new purchasable consumable that can be used on an already purchased Hongmoon Store character bound cosmetic, which will allow it to be mailed to another character on your account.

We don’t have an estimate of when it’ll be available just yet, but we’ll be sure to provide additional details soon as we have them.

We really value everyone’s input and feedback, and we hope you continue to enjoy Blade & Soul!

38 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Thanks for the discussion and feedback so far. We wanted to jump in here and let you know that being able to trade costumes across an account is something we are in fact working on. Once available, this will be a new purchasable consumable that can be used on an already purchased Hongmoon Store character bound cosmetic, which will allow it to be mailed to another character on your account.

We don’t have an estimate of when it’ll be available just yet, but we’ll be sure to provide additional details soon as we have them.

We really value everyone’s input and feedback, and we hope you continue to enjoy Blade & Soul!

Will this apply to costumes purchased with NCoin or those purchased with HM Coin as well?

4 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Sounds good - please don't make the consumable too pricey though, as costumes themselves aren't cheap by any means. I also hope this is going to apply to the outfit from buying a year of premium; given the price of that, I honestly think it should have the same account-bound status as the master's pack outfits already. 

Do you have any plans of making the really grindy achievements carry over to your other characters? Currently getting 1k kills on a faction member alone is extremely difficult, especially since you must get the hit while they are down for it to count. Trying to do this same feat on numerous characters is a major turn off and frustrating for those who would like to play a variety of classes.

10 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

That's really nice but what about master weapon skin?

Currently i still didn't use(redeem) my weapon skin box because maybe i will find a skin which i will like more and then master skin gone forever.

Could be possible add npc in-game or any other thing to redeem weapon skin again? for zero copper or even 1 copper, character bound and unsellable?

On 1/23/2016 at 9:25 PM, Rukkirii said:

We wanted to jump in here and let you know that being able to trade costumes across an account is something we are in fact working on. Once available, this will be a new purchasable consumable that can be used on an already purchased Hongmoon Store character bound cosmetic, which will allow it to be mailed to another character on your account.

Truly awesome news, thanks!

Does anyone else see the failure here?

a new purchasable consumable that can be used on an already purchased Hongmoon Store character bound cosmetic

In order to use another skin that we already spent 800-1200 coins on, we have to buy another NCoin/Hongmoon item to unbind and then mail it? 

Why make it so complicated, just allow us to send our store bought costumes to be sent to our other accounts and/or make them accessible via the wardrobe system (assuming the costume isn't being used on another character yet if they want to limit the costume to one character a time).

9 minutes ago, 0kita said:

Does anyone else see the failure here?

In order to use another skin that we already spent 800-1200 coins on, we have to buy another NCoin/Hongmoon item to unbind and then mail it? 

Why make it so complicated, just allow us to send our store bought costumes to be sent to our other accounts and/or make them accessible via the wardrobe system (assuming the costume isn't being used on another character yet if they want to limit the costume to one character a time).

Yeah I don't get this either.

I like the idea of the wardrobe being a shared thing. Even better if it were a system where you unlock the outfits and can use it on any character. Like Wildstar.

On 1/23/2016 at 11:25 PM, Rukkirii said:

This kind of response sounds like it belongs in the thread about account-bound costumes. We already know the Master Pack costume skins can be shared via mailing. The concern was about having account-bound skins of the Master Pack costume and weapon skins so that multiple characters can wear these skins at the same time. Having account-bound versions of the Master Pack skins will erase the worry of losing the skin, especially the weapon skin. And since Jonathan Lien has stressed that the Master Pack skins will never be available again in the future (you should know this too; you were with him when he mentioned it in a Twitch stream), you can see why we highly desire the Master Pack skins, both costume and weapon, to be account-bound.

On 1/23/2016 at 8:25 PM, Rukkirii said:

A couple concerns:

1.  Will you still have to pay the in-game mail fee.  (Incidentally, any chance we could get this fee removed/reduced for account bound items in specific, or better yet when mailing anything to a character on the same account?)

2.  Will you have to use the consumable *each* time you want to mail the outfit, or will the item effectively convert the outfit to be account bound, at which time you can mail it to your own characters at will.

The reason I ask is I tend to cycle through my characters, generally either a day or a levels worth of play, then rotate to the next character.  If I'm trying to wear x-mas outfits on my character(s) for example, using a consumable and paying the in-game mailing fee every day to transfer the outfit to the new character is going to add up REAL fast, and basically make this functionality pretty worthless.

(As to why the additional item?  Some people seem to object to the idea of account wide outfits.  Since they only play a single character, they feel that means they're paying "extra" for functionality they don't need/want.  I tend to see it differently.  You're paying to wear an outfit during your 20 hours (or w/e) a week of play time.  Why should I have to pay more if I want to wear that outfit for 4 hours on 5  different characters a week vs. somebody that's simply wearing it 20 hours on a single character.)

One would think a software company could locate a single programmer who is capable of changing the code from character bound to account bound. But then they wouldn't be able to put that programmer to work creating a new item to sell people so they can use the items they already purchased.

2 hours ago, Yamabushi said:

One would think a software company could locate a single programmer who is capable of changing the code from character bound to account bound. But then they wouldn't be able to put that programmer to work creating a new item to sell people so they can use the items they already purchased.

It's so not about competence / not having the programmers to do so, it's business decision to try to milk the most amount of money by making certain things inconvenient (e.g. this consumable they are working on). 

@NCSoft, it's 2016 FFS

14 hours ago, Sanjhiyan said:

TWe already know the Master Pack costume skins can be shared via mailing.

Can we do that? So to be clear you that I can grab the cowboy costume from one of my characters (have already equipped it) and send it to another? I didn't think that was possible but I will check again when I'm out of work.

12 hours ago, Yamabushi said:

I would posit that the difficulty lies more in making that change only for the NA/EU crowd, and not for the other regions... and getting said change right.

P.S.  Programmers don't make items.

On 1/23/2016 at 4:25 AM, Rukkirii said:

What about master pack weapon skin? There was no warning that it's going to go to waste after using it. If I knew that I wouldn't use it untill I find my main character and get it to 45! 

The cowboy costume is transferable - that's good - but could be better - just let me redeem it on every character, same as the weapon skin. Is that so hard? I paid 90 pounds to get that stuff. If I would know it's just for 1 character, and weapon skin is one-time use I would go for a lower pack. 

4 hours ago, ShivaoftheEast said:

Can we do that? So to be clear you that I can grab the cowboy costume from one of my characters (have already equipped it) and send it to another? I didn't think that was possible but I will check again when I'm out of work.

I haven't tried it yet, but this method has been repeatedly confirmed during the Twitch livestreams. The character that's wearing the cowboy costume has to un-equip the costume first, and then you can mail it to another character on the same account.

5 hours ago, ShivaoftheEast said:

I can confirm this works for both of the Master pack costumes, I do it regularly depending on what I play. Which begs the question - if they have the capability to do it, why isn't it readily available on other costumes?

8 hours ago, ShivaoftheEast said:

yes you can mail both master pack costumes to your alts. Problem is master skin when is used is gone forever and you can't change the skin because you will lose master skin.

also they only gave 1 master skin. i want master skin for every weapon and be reusable. 

Right now i'm using this skin if i change i lose the skin but i can farm it again! yet master skin i can't use it again if i want to change.

Fl5y4Yq.jpg

Archived