Forums

Make Founder Pack rewards show up for every new character.

VRock

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Mikaella said:

I agree over 9000%, I paid 125 for a Master pack and they never said once it was for ONE CHARACTER! That is as insulting and underhanded as it gets for company ethics and treatment towards their paying customers. 

First of all they did state that the founders pack is only redeemable on 1 character.  Read the FAQ at the bottom of the founders page and it states ' You can redeem your Founder’s Packs benefits only once, but all items included in the Founder’s Packs can be shared between all your characters on the same account. Note that in the case of the Weapon Skin and consumable items , these can only be used once so choose wisely which character to use them on'

However I do agree that this should be changed to be more inline with other online games where your founders items should be redeemable on all characters, even if its just the skins.

Agreed with OP.

Costumes and all the consumables are in the same box, so you can't get consumables without getting costumes out too and really don't want to pick costumes out since I might swap server for certaint reason.

I agree, this items should be on any character you create. You shouldnt have to worry about making new characters or servers. What if I like another class later on and I decide to main that one? NCsoft really wants to milk this cow.

On 1/16/2016 at 6:17 PM, Kirrin said:

Yes, and don't forget to make the cash store weapon skin (and the founder pack one) "PERMANENT" and "RE-USABLE", that would be nice and logical.  Thanks!! (we could always hope...)

What the OP said and also ^this.

It's still ridiculous that Founders rewards aren't account-wide, and weapon skins being consumable items just means I will never purchase any.

Too bad! NCsoft already got the money from the clueless and now they will enjoy it by using it on a hot-tub for their office!

But seriously, Founder and Master pack rewards should be account wide and not character bound. That's preposterous even without comparing it to the industry standard.

On 1/15/2016 at 5:16 PM, VRock said:

Make them character bound, since I paid a premium price, i expect every one of my character get the special items upon creation. Say I try out a class I don't like and I already used my items, I want to be able to change servers, delete that character, and create a new one.
I want my founder pack items on that new character. I don't want to muck around with expensive(early game expensive) mailing fees and restrictions, I don't want to worry about bound weapon skins, I don't want to worry about ANYTHING.

I just want the exclusive items I paid for to show up on the new character and get into the game. Many other games have this working without any problems.

While I do wish it was that way as well. They said from day 1 that things would be this way...

The only thing that I like to buy in game stores is skins.

I can accept when they soulbind skins to one character, even though I think that it's really cheap to do that.

But now that I know THIS is how it works, I will never buy a skin in this game.

Thank you for warning me

I agree that the costumes and weapon skin should be available to all characters because I mean it wasn't cheap to get the master pack I would like to be able to show off the costumes on future characters. Similar how in a topic I made earlier about how wardrobe should be account shared.

I agree, founder's pack items should be granted to all characters.  That's what I'm used to from other games.

ESPECIALLY the weapon skin.  At least with the outfits you can mail them around to other characters, though it's not convenient.  But with the weapon skin, use it once on one weapon, and it's gone forever.

Weapon skins really ought to just be reusable in some way. Even if you put the Founder's Pack aside, $12 for a consumable item is pretty crazy -- especially when you consider that the outfits themselves tend to be in roughly the same price range, but can be swapped at will without any repercussions.

1 hour ago, bibbis said:

The only thing that I like to buy in game stores is skins.

I can accept when they soulbind skins to one character, even though I think that it's really cheap to do that.

But now that I know THIS is how it works, I will never buy a skin in this game.

Thank you for warning me

Everything in a F2P game is cheap to you, should stop playing F2P cause well you don't pay a penny and play a B2P game~ Then they won't be cheap cause they made money off you buying it.

What's more cheap is you asking to be paid when you go to work, you should work for free for the first week so they know if you're worth paying for to keep as an employee.

Archived