Make Founder Pack rewards show up for every new character.

VRock

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, VRock said:

Make them character bound, since I paid a premium price, i expect every one of my character get the special items upon creation. Say I try out a class I don't like and I already used my items, I want to be able to change servers, delete that character, and create a new one.
I want my founder pack items on that new character. I don't want to muck around with expensive(early game expensive) mailing fees and restrictions, I don't want to worry about bound weapon skins, I don't want to worry about ANYTHING.

I just want the exclusive items I paid for to show up on the new character and get into the game. Many other games have this working without any problems.

I agree with you, I didn't pay $125 to get benefits on only one character.

6 hours ago, liteShadow said:

I am requesting a refund right now. I wish they made it like GW2 their packs with the pets and ring get sent to every new character. A new item is sent upon character creation otherwise if u already unlock the skin and put in your wardrobe then it wont be sent out. I guess I will use my money to buy the Black Desert Pack.

Got my refund. I am not going to let game company pull that kind of crap. Yes I just want to play the game and try out a class and if I decided I don't want to play that class I don't want to have to "mail" everything to a new one. GW2 did it so that all new character was able to receive the per-order items, Diablo 3's per-order cosmatic gets mail to all new character including season. Its a easy thing to do just mail the cosmetic and not the Premium coins or food. They just being lazy. 

It is a bit silly I think considering you can't trade or sell any of these items to players or on the marketplace.  WoW, SWTOR, GW2. TERA, and I'm sure many others allow you to claim your collector's edition or founder's item on all newly created characters.

3 minutes ago, Lob said:

It is a bit silly I think considering you can't trade or sell any of these items to players or on the marketplace.  WoW, SWTOR, GW2. TERA, and I'm sure many others allow you to claim your collector's edition or founder's item on all newly created characters.

Considering this is a pretty standard practice,  I can't imagine why it doesn't work that way in this game. 

2 hours ago, CosmicGlitter said:

Considering this is a pretty standard practice,  I can't imagine why it doesn't work that way in this game. 

Not sure what the deal is with the weapon skin/mailing the costumes debacle, but I'd bet dollars-to-doughnuts that the rest of it is that they want you to plunk down more $$$ for bag space and boosters on your alts. There's enough Dragon Pouches in the Master pack stuff for a fully-opened inventory on one character iirc (minus one new line, that they only added after beta was over? I think). So I can't imagine the poobahs at NCWest are too keen on giving every character that a Master pack player ever makes all those things for free.

TERA's founder option isn't comparable because the Founder's items and perks were basically a status-quo maintenance of the game's transition from p2p to f2p. They couldn't just REMOVE bank space and character slots from people who had them when the game was sub-based. The same principle doesn't apply here, since BNS already started f2p right out of the gate.

I still support this idea, but given the attitude of the company on every monetarily-incentivized request so far, I will be very, VERY shocked if this comes to pass. I wouldn't be surprised if PAID server transfers were their solution to the hilarious 12-hour-long-Mushin-queues fiasco lol.

I agreed with this in the Beta, and i agree with this now.

We pay a premium to get a subscription etc and more, but the items are only valid for one character? The person(s) in charge of this horrendous business strategy should get fired.

I'm glad i didn't cancel my World of Warcraft account to be honest. At least when i make new characters there, i get all the items i've gotten in terms of mounts and other bonuses.

Also, what happened to ALL the rewards from the founder's packs? So far i've only seen a couple rewards that was actually on the original list?

Feels like i've wasted money on yet another so called F2P mmorpg from the east...

5 hours ago, Lorelei said:

I still support this idea, but given the attitude of the company on every monetarily-incentivized request so far, I will be very, VERY shocked if this comes to pass. I wouldn't be surprised if PAID server transfers were their solution to the hilarious 12-hour-long-Mushin-queues fiasco lol.

i think for sure they gonna have a price to server transfer!

When I bought my packs I had no access to the forums because they were closed and I didn't know this was an issue. Had I known this I would of never gone master pack.  Please change it, it will only make your customer base stronger. It's not giving anyone any advantage, and paying customers will likely pay more for the great service. As it stand with these master packs I am less likely to spend more money on this game because I didn't understand how these worked until I started playing this, and now I feel kind of ugh er tricked. And since I feel tricked, I don't want to be tricked again, and that means less likely to spend more money.

Edit:
Tricked is not the right word I am looking for. But I did not fully understand how this worked (and it worked differently from other games I play) until I started playing this game. So no more impulse buying until I fully understand what I am getting myself into.

I agree with the OP. If the items were in some sort of Account-Storage to be redeemable on new characters, or mailed to each new character created, it would not be such a huge issue. But I think they may be working out something. Hopefully very soon..I don't want Day 2 of my Headstart gone to waste. I just wanna go to a happy new server and finally play... :/

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The voices in my head demand that all my characters look the same, at the same time.

The weapon and costume skins will NEVER be available again once the Founder's packs cease to be sold, and will NEVER be available in the cash shop in any way, shape, or form. Jonathan Lien (Babbletr0n) stressed this several times during a January 14 Twitch stream. This just makes it all the more reason the skins should have been account-bound AND infinitely redeemable by multiple characters (both current and future) in the first place.

This bounce-the-costume-skin-around-through-the-mail method just doesn't cut it.

19 hours ago, Lorelei said:

TERA's founder option isn't comparable because the Founder's items and perks were basically a status-quo maintenance of the game's transition from p2p to f2p. They couldn't just REMOVE bank space and character slots from people who had them when the game was sub-based. The same principle doesn't apply here, since BNS already started f2p right out of the gate.

In Tera, if you bought Collectors Edition you got a cosmetic weapon skin, a mount ( white lion, not the blue horse they additionally offered to people who played when the game was sub.. which is also claimable on all characters, though ), and some jewelry in the pack. These items are always and forever claimable on each and every character you make forever. That is what I am talking about. These items don't just COME on your character, you go into the Item Claim system and choose to take them. BnS could really use something like that.

Even in WoW, mounts and pets ( before they consolidated them all to an account-wide menu ), were automatically delivered to your mailbox on your first log in for a new character.

Archived