Names disappearing after entering an instance?

beau

Hiya, it seems that for some reason after I enter any kind of instanced area, all names around me disappear. Whether or not I leave and re-enter the instanced area (Dochun's house, for example) does not matter.

CTRL+F and CTRL+X do not help. 

Names briefly appear ONLY when I'm in my system settings and hover over "Apply," Confirm," or "Cancel", or when I finish a quest or gain an achievement. They disappear again seconds later.

I have tried restarting my client to assess the issue and my names appear again, but the second I enter an instanced area, they disappear again. This makes it impossible for me to easily follow chats or figure out who in the area has the quest marker I'm looking for.

All of my name options are selected to show in the settings.

Here's a gif of my issue. I'll be happy to learn if there's a simple fix but for right now this really makes it irritating to have to hover over every enemy and npc to make sure I'm talking to or killing the right thing.

I am having the same sort of issue here. I've googled and found that for others changing the graphic driver settings to application controlled fixes it, but not for me. It is extremely annoying and its not only the names that disappears but also the crosshair. its hard finding players/npc/mobs when you can see their names and which mob is targeted.

Archived