Razer Synapse & GameGuard = Crash

Cetra

For those of you constantly crashing..  If you're using Razer Synapse software for your KB/M it seems GameGuard is crashing your client because of it, try disabling all Razer software.  I haven't crashed since I closed all of it after crashing 5 times since launch.

This needs to be addressed, Synapse software is required to re-bind buttons to numpad and more on newer razer mice that don't have the switch on the bottom.

Luckily I have a Razer Naga Epic lying around with the switch that I plugged in, unplugged my newer Razer Naga Chroma and closed Synapse.

Good luck.

1 minute ago, Azryela said:

I really hope this works for me. I've tried everything else I could think of. Thanks for the suggestion.... now to sit in queue again for the 10th time :(

I really hope it does, I feel your pain.  It is confirmed now working for some others too, good luck!

Yeah disabling them seems to have fixed it for me at least.

I've been crashing every 10 mins or so before I tried closing out all Razer products.

I use Synapse for my Chroma keyboard + Mouse :c

After I disabled them all (literally closing out all of the Razer related programs running in the background), I've been online for 20 mins so far.

I hope it stays that way :c

I'm just bummed that I won't be able to use my pretty Chroma profiles I had set up for my keyboard Q.Q

2 minutes ago, Vivien said:

Yeah disabling them seems to have fixed it for me at least.

I've been crashing every 10 mins or so before I tried closing out all Razer products.

I use Synapse for my Chroma keyboard + Mouse :c

After I disabled them all (literally closing out all of the Razer related programs running in the background), I've been online for 20 mins so far.

I hope it stays that way :c

I'm just bummed that I won't be able to use my pretty Chroma profiles I had set up for my keyboard Q.Q

You give me hope :'( NO THE COLORS! D:

Just now, Azryela said:

You give me hope :'( NO THE COLORS! D:

Don't forget to check Processes tab from Task Manager and End Process any of the Razer programs PLUS GameScannerService.

That GameScannerService is also part of Razer's little programs.

2 minutes ago, Azryela said:

I went through and stopped everything related to Razer. Also, I love how the NCsoft Launcher has "In Partnership with Razer".... Apparently not a very good one I guess. lol...

LOL I know right?  NCSoft needs to get on the phone with GameGuard and sort this out.  So many of us use BlackWidow's and Naga gear.

Ye i can also confirm that Razer Synapse seems to have been causing the problem. Though my friend seems to use it and has no issues uses windows 8.1 instead of 10 (which i use) but maybe the macros in synapse or so cause some problem with the GameGuard. Glad i found this post thank you

Not able to close GameScannerService .. it keeps turning itself back on .. any ideas? 

Edit: Apparently once you log in you can close it completely. 

Seems to not be kicking me out of the dungeon .. god, if this is the fix I'm going to literally die. 

7 hours ago, Cetra said:

For those of you constantly crashing..  If you're using Razer Synapse software for your KB/M it seems GameGuard is crashing your client because of it, try disabling all Razer software.  I haven't crashed since I closed all of it after crashing 5 times since launch.

This needs to be addressed, Synapse software is required to re-bind buttons to numpad and more on newer razer mice that don't have the switch on the bottom.

Luckily I have a Razer Naga Epic lying around with the switch that I plugged in, unplugged my newer Razer Naga Chroma and closed Synapse.

Good luck.

thanks a lot that help me with my errors :D

I never had this issue with Razer and gameguard during all close beta test, everything was working fine.. until today .. I crashed every 8 mins they need to fix this soon. I have no issue with my other games like Tera, FF14 and Aion.

and I like havinmg my Razer synapse on because of key binds and macro. 

sigh..!! 

Thanks!
I kept crashing and couldn't figure out why, but this seems to have been the problem.

Hope they fix it soon!

edit: seems like the cause of the crashes for me was the game scanner service

Bumping this for others having similar problems.

Not that this is a sure fix for everyone but it works for some.

People seem to be constantly making same threads on the Bug Reports section without researching.

OP if you can mention GameScannerService on your first post and tell people to close that as well, it'd be great.

Synapse isn't a driver, it's just a software for settings - you can switch it off if you're sure that's what's causing it.

Unless you're using macros or game memory scanner (which is probably the main reason gameguard wouldn't like synapse), in which case you're screwed. At least for all mice and keyboards I've tried settings are saved onto the device.

You only need synapse for settings, so just keep it off.

At least you can deal with your issue, all of my win 7 PCs/ laptops (tried 4) turn "Not genuine" after few hours of gameguard (not just this game by the way)...Sure it reactivates if you spend 5 minutes to restart PC and revalidate, but you know... I can't avoid it by turning Razer Synapse off :D.

Gameguard has had some compatibility issues with other software for years now and so far none of them got fixed in 3 years I haven't used it.

Slowly turned some things back on to try to eliminate what was causing issues.

It's the razer game scanner, and the razer SDK service (which enables the chroma keyboard function from ingame)
using either of those causes gameguard to crash, though the scanner seems to make it crash a lot faster.

Synapse itself seems to be fine.

I can confirmed, it's also what makes me crash. If have all 3 Razer process running I'll crash withing 2-5 minutes. If I close them, I can play for hours and hours with no crash. Tested multiple times. This really need fixing.

4 hours ago, Smo said:

Slowly turned some things back on to try to eliminate what was causing issues.

It's the razer game scanner, and the razer SDK service (which enables the chroma keyboard function from ingame)
using either of those causes gameguard to crash, though the scanner seems to make it crash a lot faster.

Synapse itself seems to be fine.

I tested the same.

Without these processes runnning you can still use synapse (and all the key bindings) without a crash :-)

I'm almost 100% certain it's the Razer software crashing my game. I played for 4 hours straight last night without a problem with my new Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse. Before I went to bed, I installed Razer synapse so I can set up some keybinds on my mouse buttons. This morning, I've already crashed 4 times on Mushin of all servers after every 30 min. Disabling all the Razer services and processes still made my game crash on my last attempt during the server queue. I just uninstalled all of the Razer software now (Synapse and Chroma SDK) and will update if my game crashes again. 

Archived