Game crashing every 10 mins.

Cere

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, sorry about the delay. I know I promised to keep you guys posted but I think I've found a solution.

After getting back into Mushin after my 3rd crash (each resulting in a 2 hour que) I vowed to get to the root cause of this.
After playing detective on every factor I could analyze, I noticed first how my game only crashed on transitions from cutscenes to actual gameplay. My computer didn't lag. It didn't suffer from FPS spikes. No network issues. I am no computer wizard but what I did notice was the subtle differences in some UI changes and graphics display between the time in CBT and the game we have right now.

I thought if it was graphics related it was most likely system related so I did what I thought was most logical and turned everything down to the lowest settings on graphics, turned windowed mode on, and this was the most important thing for me - resolution changes.

At first i turned it down to 800x600 just to see what would happen. My result was no more crashes, i played the rest of the night through.

But as most of you know, playing on a windowed 800x600 resolution screen is painful since my desktop resolution was 1920x1080. it was literally 1/4th of my screen.
I kept asking myself, "How the f*** am I going to PvP like this?" so then I experimented when the que times were low (30 minute ques) and I turned my desktop resolution to 1360x768 and matched the in-game resolution to the same size (ish I think) and I did some dungeons, skipped cutscenes, and voila. No more crashing.

I don't know maybe this might not be a solution for you, but it solved my problems and what else are you going to do while you're sitting in que on a high pop. server. Good luck!

Was crashing over and over again within 10-15 minutes of being in the game, using a razer blackwidow chroma keyboard + razer mamba chroma mouse.

Did some troubleshooting, the game crashes quickly with either the Razer SDK Service or Razer Game Scanner running.

The razer game scanner caused the game to crash a lot quicker than the razer SDK service.

The SDK service can be closed in the task manager processes tab, while the Razer Game Scanner can only be disabled from the services tab.

The game's been running fine for hours now with synapse open. The only problems are the Razer SDK service and the Razer Game Scanner.

Good luck on a fix soon, 'cause the razer SDK service is needed to use the ingame chroma option which is actually pretty cool to use.

Hello, I am experiencing this issue as well and I am a professional PC technician so I am likely well qualified to talk with staff about this issue if requested.

This issue is apparent when using Windows Server 2008 R2 and occasionally with Windows 7. I do not know about other editions of Windows.

It happens particularly on cutscenes, going through portals to a new area especially in a dungeon and loading a large amount of new scene data or player characters when say, visiting a town where the game will crash or randomly close and show an error report to send which I have sent each time. It happens very regularly on Blackram Narrows right in the entrance area to the final boss.

If I were to guess, it would be some sort of networking problem when the client is asked to pull a large amount of data, although this is pure speculation.

I really do not believe it is a driver issue or hardware issue since I obviously make absolutely sure to keep up on the latest drivers, my system has zero malware and I do not use an antivirus product. I wipe my OS regularly every couple of months an do not install crapware or anything which could be attributed to typical failure-and-diagnosis of general Windows issues. I have a completely clean install from the BnS Lite installer sent out during Name Reservation.

EDIT: Yes, I did have a Razer mouse and Razer Synapse installed on my server machine. I do not have it installed on this Windows 7 install. I will reinstall Server 2008 and report back if that solves the issue.

32 minutes ago, Edguy said:

Who's actually at fault, Razer or the Blade & Souls development team? - Do we need to be raising a ticket to get this fixed.

I don't think its razors fault i mean it works well perfectly with every other game xD

God I am ready to kill someone over this.

The game keeps constantly crashing. I've noticed it only does this when I am moving from one location to another. I get the loading screen and then one of two things will happen:

#1: The progress bar on the bottom will not run... and the game just closes on its own.

#2: The progress bar will load but then I get a popup saying I got disconnected from the server.

Anyone from NCSOFT know of anything to fix this?? Like soon.

Probably the most useful speculation in this thread (I will report with results when I get home) is that Razer Synapse is at fault. I suggest that people uninstall it, run the game and report results before and after. I am at work right now but I will do the same.

2 minutes ago, Tatyana said:

Probably the most useful speculation in this thread (I will report with results when I get home) is that Razer Synapse is at fault. I suggest that people uninstall it, run the game and report results before and after. I am at work right now but I will do the same.

Nope. I dont have it installed. Using a Naga Epic Chroma though.

It is very strange because I know for a fact I had Razer Synapse installed during CBT and also I had it installed when I used to play on PlayBnS before the official alpha/beta was available in NA. I have to agree that it doesn't seem to me that it is outright the issue, but I have never trusted that piece of software and I'm sure that's why people are quick to blame it.

Does everyone in this thread who has this issue have a Razer mouse, regardless if you have Razer Synapse installed or not? Also, did you have this issue during CBT?

9 hours ago, Realmwalker said:

Thank you all for your Patience while we look into the issues posted.

If you are encountering crashes and would please post:

• Operating System
  • Processor
  • Graphics Card
  • RAM
  • Sound Card (or indicate that it is Integrated)
  • Peripherals used (Specifically anything that uses special drivers or active software)
  • Specialty Software running at the time (Ping Boosters, Performance monitors)
  • If the crash happens in a specific location or after a specific activity
  • Anything special about your setup

If you are encountering issues while using Razer Many users have indicated that they no longer encounter crashes after disabling the Razer processes.

Again thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issues

• Win 10
  • Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.80GHz
  • GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Razer Naga Epic

All drivers updated, disabled Razer processes, and running in Win 7 Compatibility mode.  None of this helps.  

As a Master level founder who took vacation time from my career to enjoy a highly anticipated MMO release, this is very frustrating and disappointing.  Thank you for keeping us informed of your progress. 

Game is running for 30 minutes stable after fresh install of Server 2008 R2 with absolutely zero Razer software. I don't really have a purpose to re-run Blackram Narrows to directly try and get it to crash like I did before, but I will report if there are still issues.

(I really wish Razer had just simple legacy driver files to install like they used to instead of all this Synapse crap!)

• Operating System - Windows 10 64bit
  • Processor - AMD FX(tm)-8320 3.5GHz
  • Graphics Card - GeForce GTX 950
  • RAM - 8GB
  • Sound Card (or indicate that it is Integrated) - Integrated
  • Peripherals used (Specifically anything that uses special drivers or active software) -

I don't use ANY Razer products. The only thing I have out of the norm would possibly be a Wacom tablet by way of drivers.

• Specialty Software running at the time (Ping Boosters, Performance monitors) - Nothing whatsoever.
  • If the crash happens in a specific location or after a specific activity -

I am currently unable to log in on my character Yinsa at all without receiving an error 1000 once the loading bar reaches the 3/4 mark. My character Quail receives the same error after a lagout every time she approaches the boss at the end of the Abandoned Well. Other characters disconnect with the same error code after roughly 10 minutes of play.

• Anything special about your setup - Nothing. This machine is literally out of the box as of about 2 months ago. Not sure why I'd be having any issues. Even double checked to ensure the game can get through the firewall.

Honestly, the game worked fine even with Razer Synapse during CBT. Can't the devs just roll back whatever changes they did since then which could potentially be the cause of this issue?

Still working fine 45 min on fresh install, btw. I don't expect it to crash. But I am forced to work with a slower mouse without the Razer software now.

1 minute ago, Bantam said:

Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, did not re-install razer synapse, running smooth for 2 hours now.  Last night it crashed every 10-15 minutes, so I think that may have been the problem for me.

yeah well i already got windows 10 downgrading takes ages

Archived