Forums

No Master Pack items for every character? Did I lose my items?!

I'll do this in order of events followed by a question so it's all easier to follow.

Pre-Head Start:

1. Bought Master Pack 2 days ago.

2. Logged into to reserve two characters on Pahoran 2 days ago.

Head Start

1. REGISTERED CODE. REGISTERED CODE. REGISTERED CODE. I registered my damn code so no need to ask me if I did... please.

2. Logged in on my Pahoran character to check if the Master Pack items were there and worked. Opened the items and saw that they were all in my inventory. Great. Checks out.

3. Got a message from a friend that she was going to be playing as well with her 15 clan mates on Mushin. Invited me to Mushin.

4. Not thinking anything of it, I deleted both characters on Pahoran and remade them on Mushin. (On an unrelated note, I love the appearance saver. Big kudos.)

5. Logged in (I had to wait like everyone else) to character on Mushin.

6. Saw I had one reward "waiting for me" as was the same the first time I opened the box.

7. Clicked on Master Pack but can't be clicked on/claimed. Also noticed that it no longer shows all the items in it, only additional character slots and character change vouchers.

8. Sitting here with confused look on face.

Question:

Where are my items now? I can't claim the pack and get the Master Pack items anymore on my new characters. 

Well yeah. I see that now.

Would you ever hesitate to answer the question 2 + 2 when the answer in your entire experience has always been 4?

Same kinda concept here.

Again, never played a game where an item was unique to the character itself and not the account. Kinda ridiculous.

Whatever the case, gonna put in a support ticket.

1 minute ago, BeardedBourbon said:

Well yeah. I see that now.

Would you ever hesitate to answer the question 2 + 2 when the answer in your entire experience has always been 4?

Same kinda concept here.

Again, never played a game where an item was unique to the character itself and not the account. Kinda ridiculous.

Whatever the case, gonna put in a support ticket.

I understand, and opening a ticket is your best option...be warned it will take several hours for a reply though they are swamped. Also, whenever you invest in something no matter what it is, you should always look into that 'thing' and know everything you can about it....just some advice(assuming is how you get in trouble man).

Yeah. I really would've liked that. It just doesn't make sense to me why an item like the cosmetics WOULDN'T be account bound.

What was even more weird is that not only do they bind cosmetics to CHARACTERS, but the CHARACTERS have incredibly minimal security.

If someone got into your account somehow, all they'd have to do it type "Delete" and your character gets put on a timer. You might be out for that weekend or on a vacation. You'd have no security for that character if your cosmetic items were on it.

My primary concern about this whole ordeal is that this is with pre-order exclusives. These are things that should always be available. It's not an MMO, but Diablo 3 is the easiest system to give as an example. You bought the collectors edition and got the wings with it. Those wings were bound to your account and whenever you rolled a new toon, those would be the first items in that toons inventory.

Now when it comes to purchasing cosmetics AFTER the fact; THAT is when an item should be character bound, yes. Typically when an outfit is bought, it's bought in the notion of it being for a specific character because that specific character already has a look that you like and that you shopped for additional clothing for.

The pre-order clothing here for BnS; that's universal in that you're unsure who you'd want to give it to. And that unsureness shouldn't be a factor because the item should be account bound.

WITH ALL THAT SAID, I have no problem admitting that I should've read the FAQ. Certainly after getting slapped on the hand like this (even though it took probably... 8 years), I'll start reading FAQs in the future. Again, it came down to the fact that I've dived hardcore into probably 10-12 games with founders packages. Every single one of which had items bound to your ACCOUNT so you can't LOSE THEM whether it be by accident or by someone's malicious intent. It's really just a form of investment protection and it's one I've gotten used to. My dollar, no less my premium dollar, should have that kind of protection on it. That's just my opinion though.

Whatever the case, I've submitted a ticket and I'm hoping they'll reinstate everything.

Technically speaking, all items on a Founder Pack that is redeemable, is account bound, until you redeem them onto a character. That changes the bounding option from Account to Character. Now I understand your frustration about this system and it's still appalling that the system is still active like this. With that said, if NCSoft does reinstate your items, please know that any items from the Founder Pack will stay in your Mailbox on all your characters you create until you redeem them onto a character. So in-case you delete your character again, don't redeem the items until you're for sure committed to that character and server.

So I'm trying to update my ticket a bit more with some specifics on the items themselves.

Can someone give me a physical list of ALL items that comes in the package?

Also, out of everything that comes in a Master Package, what things are automatically applied? (Premium, subscriptions, buffs, etc)

I've already used all 5 character slots (total of 7) so I DO NOT need them reclaimed.

I still have my 2 customization vouchers so I DO NOT need them reclaimed.

Are premium points a physical thing? Are they automatically applied? Where can I see how many I have/spent?

Archived