Show off your characters!!

Huan

On 2/13/2016 at 7:49 AM, kittenesse said:

I love this char design... this is exactly what I was looking for when trying to make a Lyn. >.> how long did it take you??

Thank You! This design actually went through a lot of trial and error through CBT.... Everytime I found a "flaw" I would go back and change it in character create and save a preset. I think I went through about 10-13 presets before finally settling onto this one, I even changed the ears/tails through out the entire journey. A lot of things pop up ingame that you don't see in character create that prompts changes. 

Here's some more, 

tumblr_o2h87vc2hY1rqraxqo1_1280.jpgtumblr_o2h87vc2hY1rqraxqo2_1280.jpgtumblr_o2h87vc2hY1rqraxqo3_1280.jpg

8 minutes ago, Aprico said:

Thank You! This design actually went through a lot of trial and error through CBT.... Everytime I found a "flaw" I would go back and change it in character create and save a preset. I think I went through about 10-13 presets before finally settling onto this one, I even changed the ears/tails through out the entire journey. A lot of things pop up ingame that you don't see in character create that prompts changes.

The character creator has quite some limitations as well. The lighting in the creation room isn't the same as it is in game, and your camera angles/zoom are pretty limited. Characters during creation also tend to change their expressions often, making it hard to judge proportions at times - really would be great if they stuck to mainly neutral expressions, with the option of changing to something else.

4 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

The character creator has quite some limitations as well. The lighting in the creation room isn't the same as it is in game, and your camera angles/zoom are pretty limited. Characters during creation also tend to change their expressions often, making it hard to judge proportions at times - really would be great if they stuck to mainly neutral expressions, with the option of changing to something else.

Exactly, my first design for my Lyn looked absolutely stunning in character create. Then when I actually looked at her ingame, I noticed all the flaws on her side profile(panned face small nose) and it just irked me. Here's what she looked like during beta : 

tumblr_nxxbw89nC21rqraxqo3_1280.jpg

I then ended up trying out LD, just continued on w/ my edits: 

tumblr_nz9nqqpBAt1rqraxqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz9nqqpBAt1rqraxqo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz9nqqpBAt1rqraxqo4_r1_1280.jpg

my biggest issue was giving her a fuller face, she always had a terrible side profile. My final design fixed that issue, so now I can enjoy her at all angles.