What do people thing about future Q time?

USStealthOps

So I was in instantly when I started, hit esc to fast and now 35 min Q time, cant even try out more characters or you just have to re-Q. Do people think late at night will be better? Weekend will be worse or not as bad as this? I kind of want to just go a different server but for now there is no server chance yet but I will assume at some point there will be in the future?

2 minutes ago, Soulink said:

Well, since Q time depends on server capacity, late night should be better logically.. cuz someone must go to sleep no? :p

Or they could just leave it on, I assume as seeing they wouldn't want to queue back up in the morning that's for sure. This is ridiculous for queuing for the Mushin server.

Just now, Yeti said:

Or they could just leave it on, I assume as seeing they wouldn't want to queue back up in the morning that's for sure. This is ridiculous for queuing for the Mushin server.

well..idk if this game kicks out afk players, but most mmorpg does, so shouldn't be an issue i guess

1 minute ago, Soulink said:

well..idk if this game kicks out afk players, but most mmorpg does, so shouldn't be an issue i guess

True I guess. I just want a *cricket* explanation from the NCSoft team regarding this issue. Getting mixed feelings whether to contribute to this game or not as we speak,

1 minute ago, fate1saber said:

Also... who took my Megumin, i was trying to change her from mushin to jiwan and someone took my favorite anime character name QQ

add a couple of x before and after the nick as most peoples do xd

14 minutes ago, Raveneko193 said:

this que is broken i want to play on'this' server not some shity server. Que is not fair at all you are in first 0-10 premium forever we buoght founders pack to be aible to play and we cant...

That's funny I thought we all bought founder's packs for access, that's what I did.

Hmm, *checks* yep, make another character on another server and quit whining.

At least you don't have to sit and wait for the new client to install because you've been working your ass off at work all week.

This fiasco should not be indicative of future que times. 

A lot of people don't realize this, but even though something might be rated for a certain capacity, this is not to say that it is rated to go from 0 to full capacity instantly.  An energy grid that is rated for enough energy to power 100k homes can fail if the load is applied too suddenly.  This is how some cascading failures happen with power grids.  One grid fails, the power is diverted, then the other grids fail, and the process repeats until an entire region has no power.    Restaurants are this way tooe Even if a restaurant can handle 200 people this is 200 people coming and going in a more or less steady stream.  If a busload of 50 arrives, then the restaruant might hold the line and make people wait outside, because if the customers were sat down, they might have to wait up to 2 hours for food, because the kitchen can  only produce one meal every two minutes.

The problem with the long queues doesn't seem to be a capacity issue, it is a sudden load issue.  So once the population stabilizes and people are coming and going at a more or less constant rate, then the que times should decrease. 

Archived