Constant crashes

Duchesse

2 minutes ago, Flint said:

I did a full windows reset which included a full reinstall of the game. I've individually updated every driver I have. Still crashing. :-/ 30 minute queue, 2 minutes playing the game, black screen.

Are you kidding me, and it still didn't work? Well then all hope is lost..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Flint said:

Yeppppp back to League of Legends I guess.... Hopefully they patch something soon so this 124$ early release fee doesn't go completely to waste lol

Yeah I guess League of Legends for me too until they post something.. $181 CAD for this :D

Just now, Shakalaka said:

I think i got the solution. The issue is the old client. Even if you uninstall the CBT client, its still there in your pc. You really need a fresh install. None of my friends got crashed since they all new

A lot more people would be crashing from CBT if this was the case

10 minutes ago, Skyelatte said:

i have disabled all my razer processes and i haven't crashed since. give it a go

I saw this fix on reddit and it kinda makes sense, but i haven't tried it yet since i'm in the process of reinstalling.

They made a chroma app for razer products when the game launches. So for example when you're in a loading screen the F1-12 keys will light up based on the loading screen. or wasd 1234 zxcv rf for example all light up when you're in combat.

I'm starting to think they *cricket*ed something up with people who have razer products/synapse

EDIT: This is what i'm talking about. This got released for headstart

16 minutes ago, Yellowoutt said:

how does one disable razer??? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question

Close off from your system tray and open up Task Manager and go to Processes and End Process any Razer programs you see on it.

If you want for it to stop loading automatically when you start your computer,

1. Click Start Menu
  2. Type in msconfig on the Run bar and enter.
  3. go to Startup tab
  4. Find Razer's program and Disable.

I think it might still start up some support programs in the background still so go to Task Manager to close that out too if you find any when you reboot your pc.

Also I believe GameScannerServices on the Processes is part of Razer's programs iirc.

I did this about few minutes ago, I've been crashing about every 10 mins before.

So far I haven't crashed about 5~6 mins in, we'll update after awhile.

EDIT: Update

Seems like it worked for me, I use Razer's Chroma keyboard + mouse.

I disabled all of the Razer's programs that runs in the background and I've been online for about 20 mins now.

Hope it stays that way.

I just crashed for no reason again, so if they dont fix this, might as well get my money back because this was not here during the cbt so they, as the incomprehensible geniuses they are, decided to add something after cbt to live. This reminds me of some other games that did t hat and it destroyed their release..

same problem Flint.  but for me it is at cutscenes.  apparently this is a known issue for those who skip them: screen goes black and hangs up.  the issue is not on your end.  

needless to say, charging people a significant premium to stress test their server infrastructure is just a little short-sighted.  i do not think that i am alone in the decision that if this headstart continues to be so tenuous, i will just write off the $125 and never log in again. =P

Honestly this is shocking for us people that have bought into the game expecting to play 'Head Start'. Obviously a smooth launch is rare these days, but its a soft launch in a sense.

So far the only solutions I've seen from officials are to 'repair the files' or 'run in compatibility mode' neither of these are a solid solution, and since numerous people are experiencing this issue then it should be raised in the priority list for NCSoft(Or whoever deals with that).  The fact it hasn't is concerning.

I myself have tried to endure the crashes and enjoy the game for what it is, unfortunately having the game crash every 5 minutes for me to then re-enter my password, then re-enter my pin, then accept the agreement(why is this a thing anyway? once is enough) begins to get tedious and downright unacceptable. I feel sorry for the loyal gamers that bought the highest tier package.

Its not just this, its the fact it could be considered lieing to us and hiding things. Putting out a false product. Reason i am saying that is that in CBT none of these crashing issues were there. None. It was great and ran amazing. Now t hey added new things between cbt and live and they are reaping the rewards from their stupid harvest.

1 minute ago, Kurokiri said:

Since no one's brought it up yet, as least as far as I've seen, the crashes could be related to the fact that this is 32-Bit BnS. It could just be an incompatibility issue with Windows 64-Bit. Who knows though. :/

Wouldn't this have resulted in the CBT having the same issues? I never experienced any crashes during those. As you said though, who knows :/

Archived