Premium Member Queue

Jai

5 minutes ago, jester15x said:

This has to be the most ridiculous que system I've ever seen.

I gathered you weren't there for the FF14 ARR release.  4-8hr queues, login not allowed, server character creation locks. It happens for weeks before SE finally added like 4 servers to help easy some pain. All the issues you have seen here, 2-3x worst.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

I gathered you weren't there for the FF14 ARR release.  4-8hr queues, login not allowed, server character creation locks. It happens for weeks before SE finally added like 4 servers to help easy some pain. All the issues you have seen here, 2-3x worst.

I've been playing XIV since beta, actually. I know exactly what it was like. The queue was a queue. You actually got in after waiting a while. SE also implemented a temporary AFK kick timer as well.

We're getting none of that in BnS. Before trying to play this game, I've never waited in a 23 hour queue before. I've been through more MMO releases than most, and I've never seen anything like this before. I should have known better with NCsoft. They're notorious for shit like this.

1 minute ago, Raxion said:

I've been playing XIV since beta, actually. I know exactly what it was like. The queue was a queue. You actually got in after waiting a while. SE also implemented a temporary AFK kick timer as well.

We're getting none of that in BnS. Before trying to play this game, I've never waited in a 23 hour queue before. I've been through more MMO releases than most, and I've never seen anything like this before. I should have known better with NCsoft. They're notorious for shit like this.

Rift would like a word with you. Theirs was by far worse than this.

1 minute ago, Killance said:

Rift would like a word with you. Theirs was by far worse than this.

Rift's release was bad, but I actually got to play, at least.

This release is bad for a very unique reason. Word on the inside is that servers are running just fine. It just so happens that getting in is near impossible.

The main problem stems from them offering priority queues to premium users, while not offering premium status to to all founder's packs. I'm of the opinion that even the $25 founder's pack should have provided just a week premium. Not only would that have avoided the current situation of Initiate Pack holders feeling like second class users, but it also would have kept the queue from being split into two sets of unsatisfied users, with one set being more dissatisfied than the other.

2 minutes ago, Raxion said:

The main problem stems from them offering priority queues to premium users, while not offering premium status to to all founder's packs. I'm of the opinion that even the $25 founder's pack should have provided just a week premium. Not only would that have avoided the current situation of Initiate Pack holders feeling like second class users, but it also would have kept the queue from being split into two sets of unsatisfied users, with one set being more dissatisfied than the other.

I paid $125 and I'm sitting here waiting more than 4 hours in queue it's not just initiate pack owners suffering here.

1 minute ago, Tsubakixv said:

I paid $125 and I'm sitting here waiting more than 4 hours in queue it's not just initiate pack owners suffering here.

That's my exact point, actually. You're not satisfied, and I'm definitely not satisfied. It has officially been 24 hours since I queued yesterday. We're both getting screwed. You just happen to be getting screwed slightly less.

26 minutes ago, Killance said:

No one put a gun to your head and said to go to the most populated server.

They won't give compensation for a player caused issue.

Player caused issue ... so players caused NCSoft to NOT do anything about this, even beforehand when they KNEW how many ppl got packs for head start AND how many made characters on mushin ....

They could've easely upgraded their capacity before headstart started.

So stop whiteknighting NCSoft

While that's true Aimelin, NC Soft could have also made this a single server game, because everyone seems to want to be on one server anyway.  Maybe they should do that because NA community is too incredibly stupid to pick different servers when the majority of competition is server-wide anyway.

48 minutes ago, RhaiNoceros said:

I'm at about 22 hour so far..

58 minutes ago, Raxion said:

I've been in queue for 23 straight hours because I only paid $25 to get early access, instead of $75/$125.

Before I get the 37th suggestion to change servers of the day, I chose Mushin for a very specific reason, and server changing isn't an option for me at this point.

I'm also at 22 hours and counting, and like Raxion I've got the $25 pack as well. The premium member queue counter keeps going up, the remaining time keeps fluctuating wildly, and I have no idea where I'm at in the queue. It's exactly like waiting in a long line for the one roller coaster you want to ride and the people that got the "fast pass" keep going in front of you and making the line longer. It's an odd feeling when you're waiting in a line and progressing backwards.

1 minute ago, tehs said:

hello i purchased master pack to avoid queues like this but i have been waiting almost an hour to get in now .. 

your not the only 1 that bought a master pack. tons of other people did too and still have to wait about an hr or more

5 minutes ago, AeroYuki said:

I'm also at 22 hours and counting, and like Raxion I've got the $25 pack as well. The premium member queue counter keeps going up, the remaining time keeps fluctuating wildly, and I have no idea where I'm at in the queue. It's exactly like waiting in a long line for the one roller coaster you want to ride and the people that got the "fast pass" keep going in front of you and making the line longer. It's an odd feeling when you're waiting in a line and progressing backwards.

Don't worry, being placed in the back during queue even happens when you spend $125 on the Masters pack. It happens to me and many other people according to the forums. The solution is to simply re-roll, and if you have bought any packs hope you didn't open the boxes so you can send them to your new character on another server without contacting support.

Well the bad part of all this is that all my friends decided to play on mushin from the start. Now its going to be hard to change since everyone already started there.
why the hell we have a queue...? cant we just get a better server =_=?

5 minutes ago, marshmallow said:

Don't worry, being placed in the back during queue even happens when you spend $125 on the Masters pack. It happens to me and many other people according to the forums. The solution is to simply re-roll, and if you have bought any packs hope you didn't open the boxes so you can send them to your new character on another server without contacting support.

It's not a bad idea to just to move to another server, but I'd be leaving my friends/guildmates behind. At this point for the residents of Mushin/Windrest, it's all about what you value more: playing the game now or playing with your friends.

its not their fault why should they have to make one server bigger than the rest when they are all the same size the issue is people not looking to find the data and thinking about it first - the data is quoted on these very forums in several places before you say anything -fact is mushin has roughly 20k people heading to it or trying to while other servers have barely if that 5k i think last i saw it was jiwan and poharan in second and third place not sure of the exact order but i think those are the top 3 right now - simple point look for this stuff first especially a game thats getting this big of a response if you havent gotten in and claimed any founders rewards if you have them then id suggest re rolling- also if you look under news and announcements  they are doing a manual transfer you dont keep you progress but youd get all your items so people refusing to do that isnt helping at all even though it wouldnt be that hard for them to do they just dont want to bother leveling again is the typical response i have seen lol - in other words cant be bothered is all they say so theyd rather sit in a huge queue and complain then solve the problem yep cause that makes so much sense well humans what can you do anyway if it was happening to all or even most of their servers id say yes they need bigger servers however its only 1 server really and its cause half the headstart group is trying to essentially flood it - so i cant really say that increasing 1 server which isnt always as easy as changing a number in a file is the correct solution i think they atleast have a pretty solid one in place with their willingness to essentially reroll your toon fresh with you founder stuff on a new server, in fact its actually pretty generous as they could just say tough and ignore you but they arent they want people to find peace and enjoy the game so they are trying to meet people halfway but people dont seem to be happy with that well all i can really say about that is from  my perpective its kinda just plain too bad for them then - for the record its just my opinion dont get all wound up over it - anyway thats the long and short of it enjoy or dont its your choice have a good one im not gonna bother arguing with anyone over this post so please dont bother to reply directly to me i wont respond it simply isnt worth the time or energy

1 hour ago, Aimelin said:

Player caused issue ... so players caused NCSoft to NOT do anything about this, even beforehand when they KNEW how many ppl got packs for head start AND how many made characters on mushin ....

They could've easely upgraded their capacity before headstart started.

So stop whiteknighting NCSoft

No company can accurately predict how many people are going to play their game. Server upgrades aren't needed, people need to stop picking the most populated servers in the game. Many people refuse to move off on mushin and so forth. NCsoft can't force people off the server. So yes, this is completely a player base caused issue. 

Archived