Premium Member Queue

Jai

Hello, well... i guess nobody understood my real question.

WHY make a server with a cool name (wich will attract people) and then overpopulate it in comparison to others. and no just make 3 or 10 or whatever with equally cool names , and the players would spread in these smoothly, no queues no troublesome posts and complaints etc...
THATS the question here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the name that drew everyone to Mushin. Communities decided during beta which one they would go to, a feat seen in every mmorpg. A couple servers are the "chosen ones" and have the massive populations. The issue is that the servers have a limit, but once the limit is reached, there is no cut off. 

56 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Hello, well... i guess nobody understood my real question.

WHY make a server with a cool name (wich will attract people) and then overpopulate it in comparison to others. and no just make 3 or 10 or whatever with equally cool names , and the players would spread in these smoothly, no queues no troublesome posts and complaints etc...
THATS the question here.

"Cool" name is heavily based on someone's opinion. But communities of many chose that server to be the main one for a while now.

For further details on the queue, read my signature.

1 hour ago, Zuzu said:

"Cool" name is heavily based on someone's opinion. But communities of many chose that server to be the main one for a while now.

For further details on the queue, read my signature.

well the reason that server is choosed is because the majority considered its name the coolest amongst all the servers.

there is no other explanation than deciding depending on the name, since all features are the same for all the servers. so yes. its the players fault for not thinking like this thus moving to other serevrs. and yes its also devs fault. cause they only made 1 server with way cooler name than the rest...

in the end its a big failure.

I think one of the biggest reasons Mushin is so popular is because it was one of the original beta servers.  So the people who played the betas just went back to a server they already played on before.  It's why I decided to avoid it when the game went live for headstart.  As it's been said, there are plenty of other servers to pick from.  Many of them without any queues at all.

I can't wait to see the mess come Monday night when it officially launches for the non founder folks.

• NCSOFT

Hi Everyone!

Since there seems to be some confusion, I thought I should make it clear there are only queues on one server in each region - Mushin and Windrest.

There is nothing stopping anyone (with headstart access) from playing on any of the other servers.

I'm not in a position to get premium membership atm, but still wanted to try out the game. Last night i got into a 10 hour queue after RELOGGING, because i thought something had bugged. Are you *cricket*ing kidding me? I had to leave the queue on all night so that I'd be able to play on my free sunday...

Everyone is pissed off because they joined the most active server and now they cant log in and here i am logging in daily with no queue on Windrest. I'm guessing most of you are from Mushin

Sorry guys, its mostly your fault for joining that server.

If you want to play, there's plenty of servers to play on. They said over and over again that Mushin is way overcrowded and it's literally the third day of Early Access, you could be level capped by now if you played on another server. If your friends are in the same situation then it shouldn't be an issue to just change to a more quiet server, not that it matters in the end because both PvP AND PvE are cross server and QUEUEABLE as cross server.

The only thing that i think should have been done differently was populating other servers during the beta as more people got the beta access, through incentives, so 20k people wouldn't be decided on rolling in the same place. Other than this there's nothing NCSoft can do about the servers, they hit their capacity and a queue starts, yes the server management was poorly handled but there's not much to do at this point besides either letting people get server transfers, or just give special XP items or something to players rolling on lower pop servers.

I am sorry Lock6 but i have many friends in Windrest and i got a bit far too, so swiching a server and predent nothing happened its not something to do.
So that " There is nothing stopping anyone (with headstart access) from playing on any of the other servers. " it dosn`t have its place here :| and it isn`t the ideal response from a "moderator".

I'm a premium member as well. Last night I was in queue for over 5 hours before giving up, because the estimated wait time kept going up instead of down. I even made sure my premium status was activated through the website. The odd part is, other premium members were getting in after 1-2 hours of waiting. I was still stuck in queue while my friends were all able to play. Made no sense to me.

I've been in queue for 23 straight hours because I only paid $25 to get early access, instead of $75/$125.

Before I get the 37th suggestion to change servers of the day, I chose Mushin for a very specific reason, and server changing isn't an option for me at this point.

1 minute ago, Prospect said:

I honestly dont think non-premium members will be able to play on that particular server to be honest... The night of release, Mushin had 10 premium members in que at 4 am. Tonight, we had 400.

At 3:50am my power flickered, tried to log back in and I showed 700+ premium members in queue.

6 minutes ago, Raxion said:

I've been in queue for 23 straight hours because I only paid $25 to get early access, instead of $75/$125.

Before I get the 37th suggestion to change servers of the day, I chose Mushin for a very specific reason, and server changing isn't an option for me at this point.

I'm at about 22 hour so far..

This has to be the most ridiculous que system I've ever seen. As a Premium Player I initially started with 1,065 players and 70min que time... then I began to creep up with more players now in que, I gradually went from 70 to 110, then 135, 155, 185, 212, then down to 110, now up to 185, then back down to 155, now my CURRENT Que time is 190 minutes...I'm OUTRAGED and something needs to be done. Can we please get a response from NC Soft about how these que times are going to be fixed? I propose a Hotfix to increase server capacity, or Server transfers better then what there offering? I'm absolutely furious. I don't mind que times but get the SYSTEM FIXED at the very least!!!

The only things they can do is offer real transfers (the current one is...not very appealing for many people), add AFK kick timers til hype settles, and increase capacity. But honestly I think AFK kick timers would be magic because I'm pretty sure a huge chunk of why the queue's are so full is because of AFK people wanting to avoid the queue. I'm one of the dumb ones who logs off when I'm done playing lmao.

Archived