Premium Member Queue

Jai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Snoopaloopz said:

3 basic things I've seen in any MMO i played.

1. A ping monitor (Something on screen to show ping)

2. Afk kick system

3. Server transfers. 

I agree... It's beyond me how this game doesn't have the most basic of monitoring for your character like ms counter and /played or something along those lines.
Also I'm baffled how there can be no afk kick system especially how things are turning out at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Lexter said:

Well, as initiate owner i have queue 125 users and 45 minutes maybe 3 hours? And 1 minute after i buyed premium membership it take down to 2 users and 0 minutes. In the game i was after 2 seconds. Simple math. If you not owner of prem. these numbers is totaly imaginary.

Yes. It's obvious that NCSoft is trying to milk the game as much as they can. I assume once the first week goes by everything will get better, BUT they will lose so much player base by then that I'm not sure if it's worth it.
About 30 friends of mine from other games and real life friends decided not to play the game when they saw how things are being handled...
I mean the game has been out for years. What's more NCSoft has other games, so it's not hard for them to get a data on the servers and get an idea on what the servers should be, so that they can handle every user. Instead they are obviously limiting their resources on purpose, because a lot of people(I bet at least 30-40%) will decide to buy premium if they haven't by now, so that they can play.
It's clever in a way, but because of that pathetic attempt to squeeze more money from people, a lot of people are already saying that they won't support such a game and published, which is kinda sad... Feels like NCSoft just might bring about a second Wildstar ending and that's really sad cause Blade and Soul just like Wildstar is an exceptional game, but with poor management they are doomed to mediocrity... sad, truly so sad.

And on topic. I don't have premium(I won't buy cause I don't like to support this type of scamming behavior from a publisher), so I've been in queue for 2 hours. 2 hours ago my queue was about 120 minutes now it's 180 minutes. 

Managed to play for a few hours in the morning (and surprisingly there was no queue) logged out to get some food, came back and got put in a queue

5 hours later I'm still in queue, if its this bad now then whats it going to be like on Monday when they open the floodgates

3 minutes ago, Fuga said:

problem with afk disconnecting is ... you just gotta put something heavy on your w key and walk against a wall ... movement= no kick (if it would exist)

Well how about not using any of your skills (or rather a combination of at least two skills) for the past 30 minutes gets you disconnected then. And just do this for the first 2 weeks of launch.

F2Per always find a work around whether its grinding currency for a billion years to no lifing the game lol to get up to speed. They will just simply wait till like 3 am when no one is on really and have given up que (I've tested it my wait time at 2 am was 5 minutes literally I'm premium was only like 100 people in line) they will get in then and just leave themselves logged in till they are ready to play. It will be just that easy lol.

8 minutes ago, BuShi_Do said:

I don't understand the people who are responsible for managing a game's launch. These types of problems are quite common with popular titles. You'd think a lesson would be learned by now. Why did they not implement strategies to deal with this? Such as disconnecting any player showing no activity (AFK) for 30 minutes? All those people who where able to log in are in fear of logging off and will go to sleep leaving themselves AFK in game.  The game's launch team should know this would happen and exact measures. Also they should allow server migration so that friends and clans members can meet up on the same server after all the madness has subsided. 

This is not the way to go.

People who just want to eat lunch for thirty min shouldn't have to get back in a two hour queue when they payed $120 for a founders package. There's many people in this very thread that wouldn't have joined had they known it would be like this. The same people WANT to leave and transfer to another less populated server. If NCsoft put population indicators by every server and allowed free server transfers for the first week more people would take all the things they have bought on Mushin and leave it, ultimately relieving a ton of congestion from the servers. This is just one example, there's a lot of other things they can do to help with this congestion that doesn't involve booting people off the game.

Im no usually one to say stuff like this but given the queue times i have. after paying 125 bucks im not logging off  next time i log in. EVER. not even to change characters, since that also takes into a queue.

If premium holders are having retarded long queue times........ Im seriously thinking B&S is facing a death threat coming the open release...why?

well there are massive queues in several servers, and many people, like me...will never leave if possible, leaving much less space for freebies.  first impression is important NCsoft.... and you're running out of time to fix this issue before the floodgates open. ( schedules is are just mediocre band aid...and you know it.) you really think people looking to play with friends are going to say "oh! i cant join them! drat.... ill go to another server!" most wont give a damn and just wait till they can join.

you expect mushin and other servers to have space? allow character transfers WITH THEIR ITEMS. seriously, you're not losing money you greedy monster, youre keeping costumers happy so you can milk them later.

"oh the player should've known not to enter a high pop server!" bs, you could've just limited population. we don't know the limits of server pops."but its bad for server health!, servers will die eventually once the rush is over!"  you will still have to merge certain servers eventually, no point in worrying about that now.

/vent ended ill just go back to my second 155 minute queue just to see if i like the LBD. after a 90 minute queue at 7 in the morning.

edit: i know they are allowing transfers now. no need point it out and call me whatever name i prolly deserve for just ranting and venting.

Thank you.

Oh my, those queues must suck. I'm really enjoying the game so far on my non-Mushin server because I did the smart thing and joined a server everyone else was NOT playing. Honestly, you people thought there wouldn't be a queue in a new game on the most popular server the first day? lulz.

bought initiate pack, played 5 hours yesterday. today been in queue for 3hours, and the time + premium members in queue seems to just go up. kinda bs I paid 22 euros and cant play almost at all on the head start -_- at head start there should not be a premium queue its just bs for those who just wanted the headstart acces...

8 minutes ago, Meliran said:

Oh my, those queues must suck. I'm really enjoying the game so far on my non-Mushin server because I did the smart thing and joined a server everyone else was NOT playing. Honestly, you people thought there wouldn't be a queue in a new game on the most popular server the first day? lulz.

I'm playing on EU Windrest which appears to be the same as Mushin.
Now how did I pick Windrest? Well since there was 0 indication on what's the population on the servers I literally just picked the first server that I found that wasn't FR,DE etc... 
Now once I've spent like 10-12 hours playing I really don't feel like starting from scratch again, so I'm only left with the option to stay in the queue and wait. 
If NCSoft offers free transfers I'd happily accept. In fact I don't care on which server they throw me on. I leave it to them, since all my friends already said that they won't be playing. 
But sadly, I doubt NCSoft would do something like that cause they will miss on few extra cents they can make.
I guess their attitude about all this is "Let's just try to make as much cash as we can in the first month and after that let it die out like Wildstar, so we don't have to actually put any work into this."

1 minute ago, Valtzu said:

bought initiate pack, played 5 hours yesterday. today been in queue for 3hours, and the time + premium members in queue seems to just go up. kinda bs I paid 22 euros and cant play almost at all on the head start -_-

Those who paid more get higher priority. This has been a thing since F2P MMO's came out.

2 minutes ago, Killance said:

hose who paid more get higher priority. This has been a thing since F2P MMO's came out.

There was option to pay more then those 120 dollars? Since i have paid that and now i m in endless queue (2 hours already and now it says another 108 mins... which will rise again i think)...

/irony off

so, what will happen in 2 days, when millions come with f2p status and there are no working priority in place?

3 minutes ago, Brue said:

There was option to pay more then those 120 dollars? Since i have paid that and now i m in endless queue (2 hours already and now it says another 108 mins... which will rise again i think)...

/irony off

so, what will happen in 2 days, when millions come with f2p status and there are no working priority in place?

You mostly paid for all the items that came with the pack. So many players have premium. It isn't a select few. The queue works fine. It's the damn player not logging out causing issues. Remember, you aren't the only one with premium. I'm confident most players in the headstart have it.

That and the whole" transfer not available" thing.

20 minutes ago, Satamaya said:

This is not the way to go.

People who just want to eat lunch for thirty min shouldn't have to get back in a two hour queue when they payed $120 for a founders package. There's many people in this very thread that wouldn't have joined had they known it would be like this. The same people WANT to leave and transfer to another less populated server. If NCsoft put population indicators by every server and allowed free server transfers for the first week more people would take all the things they have bought on Mushin and leave it, ultimately relieving a ton of congestion from the servers. This is just one example, there's a lot of other things they can do to help with this congestion that doesn't involve booting people off the game.

I don't know many gamers that take 30 minute lunch breaks literally away from their PC on the launch day of a popular game. And I was more alluding to those players who realize the problem and decide to remain logged on when they really have to sleep. But we can agree that allowing servers transfers is a great idea and I do like the idea for a population indicator for each servers.

33 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I agree... It's beyond me how this game doesn't have the most basic of monitoring for your character like ms counter and /played or something along those lines.
Also I'm baffled how there can be no afk kick system especially how things are turning out at the moment.

Yes. It's obvious that NCSoft is trying to milk the game as much as they can. I assume once the first week goes by everything will get better, BUT they will lose so much player base by then that I'm not sure if it's worth it.
About 30 friends of mine from other games and real life friends decided not to play the game when they saw how things are being handled...
I mean the game has been out for years. What's more NCSoft has other games, so it's not hard for them to get a data on the servers and get an idea on what the servers should be, so that they can handle every user. Instead they are obviously limiting their resources on purpose, because a lot of people(I bet at least 30-40%) will decide to buy premium if they haven't by now, so that they can play.
It's clever in a way, but because of that pathetic attempt to squeeze more money from people, a lot of people are already saying that they won't support such a game and published, which is kinda sad... Feels like NCSoft just might bring about a second Wildstar ending and that's really sad cause Blade and Soul just like Wildstar is an exceptional game, but with poor management they are doomed to mediocrity... sad, truly so sad.

And on topic. I don't have premium(I won't buy cause I don't like to support this type of scamming behavior from a publisher), so I've been in queue for 2 hours. 2 hours ago my queue was about 120 minutes now it's 180 minutes. 

But people who purchased founder packs should not have to buy premium because the pack comes with  90-Day Premium Membership. So that still does not explain why i can log on.

6 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I'm playing on EU Windrest which appears to be the same as Mushin.
Now how did I pick Windrest? Well since there was 0 indication on what's the population on the servers I literally just picked the first server that I found that wasn't FR,DE etc... 
Now once I've spent like 10-12 hours playing I really don't feel like starting from scratch again, so I'm only left with the option to stay in the queue and wait. 
If NCSoft offers free transfers I'd happily accept. In fact I don't care on which server they throw me on. I leave it to them, since all my friends already said that they won't be playing. 
But sadly, I doubt NCSoft would do something like that cause they will miss on few extra cents they can make.
I guess their attitude about all this is "Let's just try to make as much cash as we can in the first month and after that let it die out like Wildstar, so we don't have to actually put any work into this."

So you picked the first server on the list, without thinking "Hm, I wonder if most other people will just pick the first one on the list?"

Sorry, it's very hard for me to have any sympathy with this, seeing how there are plenty of other servers without queues and you're not stuck on the one you chose. And if you're gonna whine to me about your founder's pack items and time spent, well, that's just your just desserts for trying to log in the instant the server launched instead of being patient like a normal person.

12 minutes ago, Killance said:

You mostly paid for all the items that came with the pack. So many players have premium. It isn't a select few. The queue works fine. It's the damn player not logging out causing issues.

That and the whole" transfer not available" thing.

First line was irony on your statement that "Those who paid more get higher priority."

now regarding "The queue works fine."

It doesn't. It should says how many people is queue before you and estimation on time to join. But it doesn't. It shows or wrong number or complete random or total people waiting.  Or there some strange logic that i don't understand.

and lastly, only matters: who pays get head star of 3 days and also subscription. For what? To create char and wait in random queue? Its weekend, some people have time to play whenever they like (no other life obligations), some don't (family, work etc). Spending time in queue for last one sux big time.

Just now, BuShi_Do said:

F2P players can just forget about Blade and Soul for the first month or so. At least on the busy servers

isn't that like..... the worst possible scenario? releasing a game is extremely important, so much that the success or failure is dependent on choosing when and how. can you imagine how bad the games rep will be hurt if the first thing that comes to mind is "free to play members weren't able to enter the game until a month later" people wont even want to try it and prolly jump to cleaner pastures.

1 minute ago, AgentKinsu said:

But people who purchased founder packs should not have to buy premium because the pack comes with  90-Day Premium Membership. So that still does not explain why i can log on.

I have bought only the initial, because to be honest I kinda expected this type of development, but yes it's even worst for people who paid for the disciple/master packs.

2 minutes ago, Meliran said:

So you picked the first server on the list, without thinking "Hm, I wonder if most other people will just pick the first one on the list?"

Sorry, it's very hard for me to have any sympathy with this, seeing how there are plenty of other servers without queues and you're not stuck on the one you chose. And if you're gonna whine to me about your founder's pack items and time spent, well, that's just your just desserts for trying to log in the instant the server launched instead of being patient like a normal person.

Do I know you... What's up with all the hostility lol. Are you being paid by NCSoft to be hostile towards people who you've never met? You are what people describe as "cancer".

Archived