Sign in to follow this  
Konijntje

Can we delete our names and re-preregister our names before headstart?

If i accidently registered a wrong name can i delete a character and remake it before headstart?

I'm asking mainly because i dont want to do character creation and register the name....i want to skip through the character creation to fastly register the name.

Edited by Konijntje

DANNA   

If i accidently registered a wrong name can i delete a character and remake it before headstart?

I'm asking mainly because i dont want to do character creation and register the name....i want to skip through the character creation to fastly register the name.

you get a free item that you can use to change your appearance later on, so you can screw customization.

Blindrat   

you get a free item that you can use to change your appearance later on, so you can screw customization.

If I'm understanding correctly, I believe they're asking more that if they wanted to reserve the name "Floof Floof", but accidentally in their hurry reserved the name "Gloof Floof" by mistake could they delete the character character and try to get their intended name. I don't think there should be an issue with doing it so long as the name reservation period is still going, but I can't give a 100% yes sadly.

Ren36   

Yes you can, but it takes around 5min to delete your character.
So that I would take a 2nd/3rd look, before I press enter.

Shoshin   

If you have the patience for it and want to work on it, you could download the Taiwan version and make yourself a character, save the appearance, and then just use the appeareance when you load up the game and all you have to do is type your name in. Won't take too long.

The other option is just to randomize your characters looks, reserve the name, and then use a character alteration scroll to change its looks later on (but I feel like that's a waste of the free scroll).

Fael   

If you have the patience for it and want to work on it, you could download the Taiwan version and make yourself a character, save the appearance, and then just use the appeareance when you load up the game and all you have to do is type your name in. Won't take too long.

The other option is just to randomize your characters looks, reserve the name, and then use a character alteration scroll to change its looks later on (but I feel like that's a waste of the free scroll).

He seems to be asking about names only (if he makes a typo), not the appearance ;)

When you delete a character does that name become available again? Cause I was thinking, wouldn't it be possible to save your appearance ticket by making a character super quick to grab the name, then using the second slot to work on the appearance, then deleting the first character and quickly using the saved preset and grabbing the name again.

Obviously if you've played in beta or something you wont need to do this but there are people who didn't get founders packs until the betas ended, me included. 

Shoshin   

He seems to be asking about names only (if he makes a typo), not the appearance ;)

Well yes because he plans on rushing the character creation and fears making a typo on his name. I was giving him methods of not rushing so much so that he has a mind to actually type his name out correctly since other people had already answered his main questions.

Midoriko   

When you delete a character does that name become available again? Cause I was thinking, wouldn't it be possible to save your appearance ticket by making a character super quick to grab the name, then using the second slot to work on the appearance, then deleting the first character and quickly using the saved preset and grabbing the name again.

Obviously if you've played in beta or something you wont need to do this but there are people who didn't get founders packs until the betas ended, me included. 

I re-used a name in beta after deleting a character.

Shoshin   

The name of a deleted character will immediately become available again once it is deleted. If you have a Master's Pack and have two character slots available it is definitely possible for you to make a randomized appearance character with the name you would like and then fiddle in the second character slot for the appearance you want, save it, delete the first character and remake it with the appeareance.

I was actually planning on doing this myself as there will be new appeareance options in this client that were not available previously that I may want to use. 

Sign in to follow this