Sign in to follow this  
Axiana

Question for NcSoft - Name Reservation / Character Creation

Axiana   

In the Q&A it says

Q. How does Character Name Reservation work? The Founder’s Pack page states that we will be able to “pre-generate” our characters and secure our name. Does this mean I have to create my character’s looks before I can reserve my name?

A. Yes. Prior to Head Start you must log into the Blade & Soul client, create a character and select a name, but you will not be able to play the game until Head Start begins. If you purchase a Disciple or Master Founder’s Pack, you will also be given a Character Alteration Voucher, this will allow you to redesign your character’s appearance.

Does this mean that once we create our character with our reserved name on one server it will look the same on All servers? Or can we create another character on a different server with the same name but a different look?

Edited by Axiana

Meese   

That character will be unique throughout the region. So if you name yourself a name on one of the NA servers, no one else will be able to get that name on the other NA servers. You can go into the EU region and take the same name and you'd be ok.

DANNA   

It means you can screw customization and just create a name, you'll be given a voucher so you can change your characters appearance - in-game, after head-start. You can not use the same name on a different server. Names are regional; means "MyName" can only be used once in NA and once in EU.

Axiana   

Yeah but say I want to make a character on Mushin then my friend starts a toon on a different server and I want to play there as well, can I not make a toon over there also?

Jem   

Yeah but say I want to make a character on Mushin then my friend starts a toon on a different server and I want to play there as well, can I not make a toon over there also?

Yes you can make a toon over there.

Axiana   

But they said that the name is reserved on all servers so I should be able to make a toon over there with the same name

Meese   

But they said that the name is reserved on all servers so I should be able to make a toon over there with the same name

No, its reserved for 1 character on one of the servers in the region. If you go to another server in the same region, you will not be able to take that name unless you deleted the character that has that name.

Edited by Meese

DANNA   

Wrong, the name is not reserved, the name is unique.

Amateur   

Honestly there would be multiple problems with that given that the name can only be used once in the region. The name is reserved on your account, therefore claimed on all servers when reserved due to it being unique. However, it can only be used once on one server once you've chosen. 

Jem   

Failed to connect to server..

Tomorrow they'll be up for name reservation.

Fomzy   

Tomorrow they'll be up for name reservation.

In the announcements, it was said that "if you participated in any of the the Closed Beta weekends, you'll need to reinstall the game before Name Reservation." I literally bought the Master Pack yesterday and downloaded the launcher along with the CBT installation. Will the name reservation be done for the CBT version of Blade and Soul?

Jem   

In the announcements, it was said that "if you participated in any of the the Closed Beta weekends, you'll need to reinstall the game before Name Reservation." I literally bought the Master Pack yesterday and downloaded the launcher along with the CBT installation. Will the name reservation be done for the CBT version of Blade and Soul?

...I hope your kidding.

Fomzy   

I re-read what I said and it needs re-phrasing. Will the name reservation take place via the CBT version of Blade and Souls?

MadBlue   

I re-read what I said and it needs re-phrasing. Will the name reservation take place via the CBT version of Blade and Souls?

You need the launch client, which is available from the front page. Are you sure you downloaded the Beta client? The launch client has been available for a few days now.

Head Start is almost a week away, why not contact your friends to see if they're interested in playing, and coordinate which server to play on? :)

Edited by MadBlue

Sign in to follow this