Sign in to follow this  
DANNA

this is the worst launcher I have ever seen in my life

DANNA   

Performing file check, everytime you start the game. Sometimes with gigabytes, sometimes with 40mb/s. So it takes you up to 8 minutes to start the game - gg, wp.

Naunet   

To be honest, I've never liked NCSoft's launcher, for any game of theirs that uses it. It's slow as heck. I'm not entirely sure what they do to it to make it so lumbering, but... yeah, it's not good. XD

bug   

Performing file check, everytime you start the game. Sometimes with gigabytes, sometimes with 40mb/s. So it takes you up to 8 minutes to start the game - gg, wp.

You may have a failing hard drive on your hands. This normally takes a second or less for most people.

DANNA   

You may have a failing hard drive on your hands. This normally takes a second or less for most people.

This is a brand new PC, I bought this Saturday. I doubt it's me, but maybe you're right, ugh.

Amateur   

Same.

DANNA   

Also the launcher says "File check may take several minutes or up to an hour", If you click on repair. So yeah, that's that.

bug   

This is a brand new PC, I bought this Saturday. I doubt it's me, but maybe you're right, ugh.

Turn on task manager and watch your cpu/ram to see if anything spikes when you run the file check. Perhaps something is dragging it down.

Good luck.

DANNA   

Turn on task manager and watch your cpu/ram to see if anything spikes when you run the file check. Perhaps something is dragging it down.

Good luck.

only the nc launcher spikes xDDD so weird, now it took me like 1 second

Edited by DANNA

Mvh   

There's been 2 updates over the past day with bns - perhaps you didn't realise because it does a full file check afterwards that takes a little bit of time?  :unsure:

enem   

agree, it is pretty bad, but I'd suggest the ESO one was (is?) by far the worst piece o' crap launcher in the history of bad launchers. 

This. Max like 10 secs and its ready..

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/6f-1598586.html

Thats Why the launcher take so long and have the 0 / 85 bytes error because the patch have $ $ if they fix that the launcher will be running in 1sec.

Example another game from nc dont have the $$ on that Folder and run fast without problems

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/example-1598590.png

Too true, it takes literally half a second for me. Pick up a new Hard Drive they're cheap.

mcclaud1   

You obviously haven't seen the TERA EU launcher. This is perfect compared to that.

ahh yes tera launcher sux both NA and EU launchers

Kryt0n   

Only takes a few seconds for me, not really an issue at all.  I suggest putting BnS on an SSD if you can...runs great (should still be fine on a decent hard drive though, an SSD is certainly not required).

Sign in to follow this