Kaishina

[Petition] Do NOT Remove nProtect Game Guard

Kaishina   

If you want to remove nProtect Game Guard you fall under a certain type of people :

1. Obvious hacker that want to hack the game
  2. Stealthed hacker that claims he has issues with Game Guard running and other programs running at the same time.
  3. Gold Seller
  4. Trying / Planning to use bots or any 3rd party program to have unfair advantages over people.

My favorite is this classic : " Omg remove Game Guard its a stupid program and i cannot use anything with this running" type of repply.

Nobody does get errors with Game Guard anyway and i know why people complain about it. I used to play Maple Story alot in the past and each time you would use Cheat Engine the game would instantly close itself.

IF YOU HAVE REAL ISSUES WITH OTHER PROGRAMS RUNNING THEN POST A PROOF. 

NO PROOF = HACKER.

Or .....

USE BETTER HACKSHIELD  that no one can go through and use HEAVY REPORTS MONITORING + STEALTH ADMINS TO TELEPORT ON PLAYERS ON BOT REPORT.

Pohwan   

Here's a pic from the Taiwan version of the game that I personally love. Yes, it does use GameGuard.
2txPzzu.jpg

Edited by Pohwan

Sinnaru   

Here's a pic from the Taiwan version of the game that I personally love. Yes, it does use GameGuard.

2txPzzu.jpg

So basically screenshots are cut in half? xD

Anyway, yeah I remember taiwan days, flippin bots even with gameguard itself.

Edited by Sinnaru

Bezerko   

I think some people have issues with Game Guard not playing nice with antivirus software.  I could swear there was an issue in particular with Avast!

Sinnaru   

I think some people have issues with Game Guard not playing nice with antivirus software.  I could swear there was an issue in particular with Avast!

Avast? You know what happened to me last month with it? That little piece of shit antivirus made me reinstall whole windows since I couldn't even load up windows after uninstalling it. If anything these days I feel like those antiviruses are becoming like viruses themselves which causes more problems than viruses themselves.

Kaishina   

You clearly seek too much attention mate.

I don't seek attention at all. I just care about playing a game that does not get infested of bots / hackers / gold sellers.

Explain me how i'm seeking attention ? Are you frustrated that you can't get attention yourself ? Explain me...

I got all the attention and love i need in my life i'm perfectly fine with it thanks...

Edited by Kaishina

Bezerko   

You might be right.  To be honest, I never trusted free antivirus / firewall software.  I only use paid stuff like Norton or McAfee.  And just to clarify my stance on GameGuard, I really don't care either way as I haven't personally had issues with it.  I don't think it's as effective as alot of people think it is at stopping bots and cheaters though.

Rdelina   

i played bns china and taiwan, gameguard doesnt stop bots

Edited by Rdelina

Kaishina   

i played bns china and taiwan, gameguard doesnt stop bots

It would be nice if NCSoft could actually hear that.

Shiro   

NO PROOF = HACKER.

Run a sandboxed application (such as web browser) with Sandboxie and tell me if it works when stupid GG is running

Is that enough for you to shut up with your ignorance?

Sinnaru   

I don't seek attention at all. I just care about playing a game that does not get infested of bots / hackers / gold sellers.

Explain me how i'm seeking attention ? Are you frustrated that you can't get attention yourself ? Explain me...

I got all the attention and love i need in my life i'm perfectly fine with it thanks...

Then check that screenshot with bunch of bots, whether you keep it or remove it, unless NCsoft will think of another security software.

We all do.. But what exactly can you actually do? By making SALTY threads will not solve a thing, instead you just make it worse with provocative lines.

Better tell me what do you actually expect from us, people in the forums? To support you 100%? 

With that never ending arrogance you won't achieve anything, trust me.

Edit: And with that line attempting to provoke me. Nice try.

Edited by Sinnaru

Ler   

NO PROOF = HACKER.

Welp my friend TS push to talk botton don't work with BnS(with all other games work fine)

How  he can post proof?????

He alrdy try reinstall TS/Windows/BnS nothing help...

Sinnaru   

You might be right.  To be honest, I never trusted free antivirus / firewall software.  I only use paid stuff like Norton or McAfee.  And just to clarify my stance on GameGuard, I really don't care either way as I haven't personally had issues with it.  I don't think it's as effective as alot of people think it is at stopping bots and cheaters though.

No effects for me either.

Welp my friend TS push to talk botton don't work with BnS(with all other games work fine)

How  he can post proof?????

He alrdy try reinstall TS/Windows/BnS nothing help...

How about suggest him to try Discord? Works great for me and my friends.

enem   

what about option

5. You don't want random software inspecting what's happening on your machine.

if you're okay with this type of software running then clearly you have no concerns about your own privacy, whether you have something to hide or not. out of interest is their game snooping service outlined in the terms of the EULA? as in what it can and cannot do or connect to etc?

Bezerko   

To the Op, let me ask you this.  Can you prove to me that GameGuard has been effective in any way at preventing hacking and bots?  If you have some evidence, then please post your evidence here supporting your petition.  Otherwise, I simply can't support your petition.

Trox   

If that was true then you would be advocating NCSoft to use any other program than Gameguard. If you think Game Guards keeps people from hacking and botting then you really should log into Lineage 2 and Aion to see how well it works.

Gameguard does two things:

1) keeps some legitimate players from being able to log in

2) gives those that don't realize just how crappy it is a false sense of security.

In response to your OP all I can say is if you advocate NCSoft keeping Gameguard then that is only because you have your hack/bot program all set up, and you are afraid they will actually get a program that is a bit of a challenge to  get around.

Cherish   

If you want to remove nProtect Game Guard you fall under a certain type of people :

1. Obvious hacker that want to hack the game
  2. Stealthed hacker that claims he has issues with Game Guard running and other programs running at the same time.
  3. Gold Seller
  4. Trying / Planning to use bots or any 3rd party program to have unfair advantages over people.

Nobody does get errors with Game Guard anyway and i know why people complain about it. I used to play Maple Story alot in the past and each time you would use Cheat Engine the game would instantly close itself.

I to was a Maple Story player and there was barely a map that was usable because of all the vac hacking etc.  Game Guard surely stopped all the botters there NOT.

Chicken   

Game Gaurd as a form of hack protection in 2016, please you can't be serious.  

You might as well make a question on start up of the client that ask "Are you hacking?" If yes then the client shuts down, and if no then the client starts up as normal.

Game Guard  stops more people from QQing about bots and hacks than actual cheat prevention. 

However, there is no reason for Game Guard to be removed, with only exception of few mouse drivers being bugged.

(Also it stops people QQing about no hack protection, blah blah)

Most games that have Game Guard means the support rarely go out of their way to ban people.  They can just tell you that they have Game Gaurd as an excuse, even though it doesn't really do anything.  

Edited by Chicken

Kaishina   

If i knew a 100% hacker proof application i would share it for sure. Maybe PunkBuster would work great it automatically bans people that use hacks on Battlefield.

If i knew a 100% hacker proof application i would share it for sure. Maybe PunkBuster would work great it automatically bans people that use hacks on Battlefield.

Punk buster is arguably worse for wrongfully banning people and causing issues.

Honestly if I found out this game had used punk buster I would have uninstalled it and got a refund.

Not only is punk buster awful software but it also screws itself to your computer so is annoying to remove.

Trox   

There is no and never will be any 100% hacker proof system; thing is Gameguard is 0% hacker proof. The only people that Gameguard will stop from hacking is people like you (I'm assuming) and me who wouldn't hack even if there was no "antihack" software in place. If Gameguard at least stopped most of the hacks out there would be one thing but it doesn't stop jack; it just gives NCSoft an excuse to stick their head in the sand about how overrun their games become with bots and hackers.

AttacKat   

5. nProtect Game Guard causes issues with other protection programs.

Proof: IObit Malware Fighter

Error -> WinLicense: A monitor program has been found running in your system. Please, unload it from memory and restart your program.

Personally, I like to see nProtect removed, BUT, requires the use of 2nd-ary OTP; no 2nd-ary OTP, no F2P. BTW, NProtect doesn't work anyway, go play in TW and see for yourself.

Edited by AttacKat

Yui   

This thread is a pile of disappointment.

Like I said before, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them an evil hacker.

This entire thread is nothing but toxicity

Disappointment

168355e82a3ca4c8feee7f33d358528e13798574

People we are better then this.

Edited by Yui