NigNagNagoo

Waiting at pin screen before servers go live for name reservation?

I'm wondering does anybody knows if it's possible to wait at the pin screen, and then when we're allowed to make a character at 6 pm PST, we can enter the pin. Currently when you enter a pin it just kicks you out. This is alternative to pressing play on the launcher after 6 pm, and having to wait for the client to load(for slower computers). I know we can't actually know unless it's tried, but perhaps somebody has had a similar experience on one of the other servers, or NCsoft could answer this. It will just make it faster for slower computers to get into the character creation process.

Also a side question is, can I attempt this when European servers go live and see if it works, without locking my name reservation to that region? 

Jem   

Also a side question is, can I attempt this when European servers go live and see if it works, without locking my name reservation to that region? 

I was just about to suggest this cuz I'll be doing the same, lmao.

Depends if you can do that with an outdated version. We just got a version 4 update a bit ago so if you can still play without updating then maybe. 

Jem   

Depends if you can do that with an outdated version. We just got a version 4 update a bit ago so if you can still play without updating then maybe. 

You have to update anyway as it wont launch without it.

Pohwan   

According to some guy in a similar thread, back in the CBTS you couldn't do anything like that. You had to literally log into the client at least one second after the time stated by the staff. Or else you'd find yourself staring at the default login animation screen until you decided to get out.

Oh yeah, remember that if it doesn't work, you're going to get kicked out from the client.

Edited by Pohwan

Amateur   

Well, from what I understand from it, the game won't try to connect to the server until you've entered the PIN. So I'm pretty sure you can just sit on the PIN screen and wait for 6pm PST instead of launching over and over until it lets you through like in beta. 

How on the ball are they? Will I be able to log in as soon as it ticks over or should I wait for them to like publicly tweet or something?

Jem   

How on the ball are they? Will I be able to log in as soon as it ticks over or should I wait for them to like publicly tweet or something?

Right on time.

they tweet few minutes after, so don't wait

Kichi   

can anyone explain why NCsoft hate players??? Whyyyy i need to enter a password every time when i get kick out of the game and now i need to enter a stupid pin with a mouse! Why they can't make a normal launcher???

and_rea   

now i need to enter a stupid pin with a mouse! Why they can't make a normal launcher???

Because the need of enter the pin makes the smart guys lose a lot of time to launch their horde of bots.

f2p = free to make tons of accounts and yay botting.

I prefer the "pay once" model against f2p, it is much better in terms of get rid of unwanted population. And no need to make the "pay once" so high, even a 90c. payment will takes away a good number of bot/rmt guys.

Btw, we have f2p and we live with it.

Edited by and_rea

Bartas   

Still wondering if you can stay in Pin Screen.. :)

In theory you can but if they implement new patch for the updater last minute you may be kicked or not be able to login.

Obi   

Do you have to verify your masters pack to get your 6 digit pin? If so everytime I try to verify it keeps saying "something happen, try again later" or something along those lines. Any suggestions?

Ishtar   

What if they suddenly update the game and you're stuck at pin login? lol

Best open the client a few mins before it begin-

I'm just going to log into the launcher at like 2 minutes before 6pm PST and by the time the client loads up the server should be up. The client takes forever to finish booting up for some reason, so no need for me to wait for it.

Do you have to verify your masters pack to get your 6 digit pin? If so everytime I try to verify it keeps saying "something happen, try again later" or something along those lines. Any suggestions?

They had a post about this earlier.

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207556273

However, this has nothing to do with your PIN, the OTP they ask for is the Google Authenticator thing. I don't believe they have PINs available yet, but when I used my app to get the 6 digit code, I could log in.

Edited by FrostyOblivion

Obi   

I'm just going to log into the launcher at like 2 minutes before 6pm PST and by the time the client loads up the server should be up. The client takes forever to finish booting up for some reason, so no need for me to wait for it.

They had a post about this earlier.

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207556273

However, this has nothing to do with your PIN, the OTP they ask for is the Google Authenticator thing. I don't believe they have PINs available yet, but when I used my app to get the 6 digit code, I could log in.

Thanks for replying, Google authenticator? Is it an app o download? Srry if I'm asking to many questions, just don't want to miss out on my name reservation lol

Thanks for replying, Google authenticator? Is it an app o download? Srry if I'm asking to many questions, just don't want to miss out on my name reservation lol

Yeah, it's an app you have to download. However, if you check your Settings for your Account on the website and check the 2-Step Verification thing, it'll tell you whether you have one attached to your account or not. If you do but you don't have the app any more, you'll unfortunately have to contact Support to get it removed most likely.

Grimoir   

Make sure you pick good names o.o i dont want to tell friends "Oh i killed FluffyPony in pvp" or "I murdered ponyloverboi in misty woods" .-.

DANNA   

Make sure you pick good names o.o i dont want to tell friends "Oh i killed FluffyPony in pvp" or "I murdered ponyloverboi in misty woods" .-.

or worse, you got killed by ponyloverboi <_<

pr1nce   

or worse, you got killed by ponyloverboi <_<

omg, it would be the most kawaii death in my life  :wub:

"Oh no! I was killed by ponybuns69!"  :blink:

Purple   

Just launch on the hour, the game needs to verify so it would just error anyway more than likely

Jem   

I'll be waiting on pin screen and let you guys know if it works or not. I'll do it 5 mins before servers go up.