Sign in to follow this  
ILLuMiNaTe7

Name Reservation question

Jem   

Game lobby is the character creations creen. The very screen where you select from your list of characters. Only that will be available to us.

Starting January 11th 6:00PM PST for NA servers and 6:00PM UTC for EU servers, the Blade & Soul Team will be opening up the game lobby so that players will be able to create and reserve a character name before launch. Make sure to save the date since names are unique and are given on a first come first serve basis.

Game Lobby.... is that ingame or what. How exactly is this across all servers?

Senzura   

I have a question aswell, after we create our two characters for name reserve it keeps bringing up that we have 2 reserve scrolls are we supposed to use them somehow (even though we cant get ingame) is there gunna be something like "would you like to use a scroll" or will it automatically use them for us after we create our characters.

Teisho   

I have a question aswell, after we create our two characters for name reserve it keeps bringing up that we have 2 reserve scrolls are we supposed to use them somehow (even though we cant get ingame) is there gunna be something like "would you like to use a scroll" or will it automatically use them for us after we create our characters.

Scrolls? What are you talking about? Where are you seeing this?

Esuna   

Scrolls? What are you talking about? Where are you seeing this?

The coupons for character slots.

You get those with your founder's pack, but beta already allowed you to play with the maximum number of slots. On release, I suppose you'll start with 2 and then you can use the vouchers to get more.

Teisho   

The coupons for character slots.

You get those with your founder's pack, but beta already allowed you to play with the maximum number of slots. On release, I suppose you'll start with 2 and then you can use the vouchers to get more.

The person I'm quoting seems to be talking about something else. I'm wondering where the idea of "reserve scrolls" (I'm assuming they mean name reservation scrolls) came from since I have yet to read that anywhere.

Purple   

Character Alteration Voucher's ..... they are used to change what your character looks like after you have made it.

5 Extra Character Slots are added to the account that has the pack.

Name Reservation allows you to make 2 characters and name them on the 11th

Edited by Purple

Teisho   

Oh, I see now. I was kind of fixated on the word "reserve".

But yes, you have access to character alteration vouchers if you purchased a master or disciple pack. The vouchers are actual items in game and IIRC there is should be a "change appearance" button or something to that effect in the game on the char selection screen. Or maybe that was an add slot button? Or perhaps both? I can't remember.

Edited by Teisho

Purple   

Oh, I see now. I was kind of fixated on the word "reserve".

But yes, you have access to character alteration vouchers if you purchased a master or disciple pack. The vouchers are actual items in game and IIRC there should be a "change appearance" button or something to that effect in the game on the char selection screen. Or maybe that was an add slot button? Or perhaps both? I can't remember.

You can change what they look like on the character select screen.

Teisho   

You can change what they look like on the character select screen.

Yes, I just checked. I know that for certain now.

Purple   

For me I'll just make 2 random characters name them then use the 2 tokens to change the looks.

Or use the CharacterCustimize saves I have.

Edited by Purple

Guess I will ask this question here..... 

What is the max character length for the name? and are there are spaces allowed?

Teisho   

Guess I will ask this question here..... 

What is the max character length for the name? and are there are spaces allowed?

20. Only one space in the name and it can't be at the beginning or end of the name.

Dewywin   

If you purchased a Disciple or Master founders pack, you would have 1 or 2 Character Alteration Voucher included. You could also purchase one of these Vouchers in game store.So You log into character creation screen, you build your character as you prefer it, and name it, This may take a few minutes to do with no idea how long the length of time it will take to create with many unknowns, or you just skip through character creation choices, select any character male or female and keep clicking (Next) button, until you get to name creating window. Once you name you character using this choice, you can use your Voucher to change that characters appearance anytime after Launch. You could wait months if you prefer to or change their appearance When you first log in game.Your choice.

Edited by Dewywin

Purple   

Install the game

on that time monday you log in and create your character slots, make your character like you would normaly, name it then you're done.

I'll ask this since no one else really seemed to and this seems like an appropriate thread.

If I purchased the Master founders pack and didn't use anything in the beta (I barely got to play it due to routing issues causing lag, but it seemed fixed near the end) such as a character slot, does that mean I will only have that one default name reservation? Someone on the subreddit mentioned that you would have to add your character slots before you can make those names, but isn't that something done in-game? How am I supposed to use those if I can't get them due to the game not being released yet?

On a side note, I didn't get any of the Master founder pack items when I looked for them during the beta. I couldn't find them anywhere no matter what people told me. I figured I would wait it out until the beta was over and if there was an issue I would deal with it at that point. Now that this "add character slots" thing has popped up I am worried that I won't be able to use my names like I intended.

Can someone help me out here?

Purple   

I'll ask this since no one else really seemed to and this seems like an appropriate thread.

If I purchased the Master founders pack and didn't use anything in the beta (I barely got to play it due to routing issues causing lag, but it seemed fixed near the end) such as a character slot, does that mean I will only have that one default name reservation? Someone on the subreddit mentioned that you would have to add your character slots before you can make those names, but isn't that something done in-game? How am I supposed to use those if I can't get them due to the game not being released yet?

On a side note, I didn't get any of the Master founder pack items when I looked for them during the beta. I couldn't find them anywhere no matter what people told me. I figured I would wait it out until the beta was over and if there was an issue I would deal with it at that point. Now that this "add character slots" thing has popped up I am worried that I won't be able to use my names like I intended.

Can someone help me out here?

You install the game. then on monday when you load the game in the bottom right corner there is an icon that allows you to enable your characters slots. I never got the items either on that Alpha or beta but now its the full release everything will be working.

Edited by Purple

You install the game. then on monday when you load the game in the bottom right corner there is an icon that allows you to enable your characters slots. I never got the items either on that Alpha or beta but now its the full release everything will be working.

If I weren't married, you'd be the one my savior friend.

That's my hella awkward way of saying thanks m8

For me I'll just make 2 random characters name them then use the 2 tokens to change the looks.

Or use the CharacterCustimize saves I have.

Unless you plan on taking a long time with the customization you can just make a random char (or use your pre-saved appearance) name it, then delete it. You get 5 mins before your name can be taken by anyone including yourself so you can mess about in those 5mins and retake your name. 

Sign in to follow this