Sign in to follow this  
Sclerosis

Are there any good custom optimizations for BNS

My PC has:

2x 970 Gtx Geforce 4GB

4970k i7. 4.0 Ghz
16 GB Ram

1TB HDD 

Still I am getting around 50-60 fps, fps drops hard sometimes.

Can I optimize this game in the Nvidia configuration?
I have already set it to one screen mode, for performance, since I only have one screen.

I have set some settings to pure performance.

Is there a list of best configurations somewhere I can look at?

AND! Does an SSD make any difference? Since I plan on getting a 500gb one, but I am not sure if it helps any!

Teisho   

Try disabling SLI if you haven't already.

An SSD should not have any noticeable impact on your frame rate at all.

Pluvia   

OC your CPU may help a little bit on the FPS.

Adding SSD will have 0 impact towards graphics improvement. However, you should be able to see huge improvement in loading up the maps.

SSD may help neutralize stuttering in raids or world PVP.   

BakaWolf   

My PC has:

2x 970 Gtx Geforce 4GB

4970k i7. 4.0 Ghz

16 GB Ram

1TB HDD 

I have already set it to one screen mode, for performance, since I only have one screen.

I have set some settings to pure performance.

Is there a list of best configurations somewhere I can look at?

AND! Does an SSD make any difference? Since I plan on getting a 500gb one, but I am not sure if it helps any!

Where do you see the FPS drops, in open world or in high traffic areas?

Also I'd tried disabling SLI, some rigs and OS configurations actually perform worse for games in SLI if they arent optimized properly. Looking at you FFXIV: ARR, that game suffered 15-20 FPS drop just being in SLI for example.

Fysik   

BnS doesn't even utilize SLI/Crossfire anyway so there's no point of having it enabled for it.  Also, doesn't matter how beastly your rig is, when it comes to 30+ people fighting a field boss, your FPS is going to take a dive regardless, 20-30 FPS at best.  Unreal Engine 3 isn't the best optimize game engine for large scale MMO so there's only so much you can do to help.

Edit: Also forcing anti-aliasing through the Nvidia control panel won't do anything, 0 effect.  You'll have to use Nvidia Inspector to apply the correct anti-aliasing compatibility bits for it to actually take effect, which I'm not going to go into detail about it.

Edited by Fysik

Twinkle   

Edit: Also forcing anti-aliasing through the Nvidia control panel won't do anything, 0 effect. You'll have to use Nvidia Inspector to apply the correct anti-aliasing compatibility bits for it to actually take effect, which I'm not going to go into detail about it.

it work for me. I got eyes you know. I didn t check if there any profil on NVIDIA inspector for BnS, and you ? What does it do ? Share instead of just Bashing.

I have heard the I-7 6700k Skylake CPU is getting some pretty good results with this game being so CPU intensive but as stated above, the U3 engine is a really *cricket* poor choice for a MMO and not much you can do about the frame rate drops in highly populated areas.

AttacKat   

My PC has:

I have a 2600K and 1 970, and I get the same FPS. It isn't you or your PC. The only thing that may *possibly* improve the FPS is a G-Sync monitor. I have no solid confirmation on that tho.

Purple   

Almost all the top end pc's even get frames arround 60 - 120. I'm running a single 970 and a i7 4790k and get more than 60.

Lolita   

How will an GTX 780 SC (3GB) with an i7-3770k and 16gb ram be with this game at 1440p? 

Thanks everyone for the feedback! 

Where do you see the FPS drops, in open world or in high traffic areas?

Also I'd tried disabling SLI, some rigs and OS configurations actually perform worse for games in SLI if they arent optimized properly. Looking at you FFXIV: ARR, that game suffered 15-20 FPS drop just being in SLI for example.

I saw a drop even in towns that were empty, for example in hogstead, where there were alot of Npc's, I'd see a drop of about 10 fps.

Try disabling SLI if you haven't already.

An SSD should not have any noticeable impact on your frame rate at all.

I will try disabling SLI, hope that gives a bit of a difference.

And ty everyone for the feedback! I will be getting an SSD just for faster loading then I guess:D

OC your CPU may help a little bit on the FPS.

Adding SSD will have 0 impact towards graphics improvement. However, you should be able to see huge improvement in loading up the maps.

SSD may help neutralize stuttering in raids or world PVP

I'm a bit afraid to OC, I don't want to kill my CPU because of bad configuration...

Edited by Sclerosis

Sign in to follow this