Sign in to follow this  
questir

NCsoft your "new" client is still annoying

questir   

Jesus I don't know where to begin and I didn't complain too much in CBT since it was a CBT client but now that the official client is available it seems that most of the annoying things about the CBT client is still there.

First of all when you try to install the game it ask you to install the Launcher but you can't choose the directory cause it doesn't give you that option and it's installed by default in Program Files. Then when you open the launcher to log in it always ask you for a verification code and when you finally log in it shows you two script errors saying something like "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No?" but the most annoying thing for me is that when you have the launcher open (and at this point i'm suspecting it will be the same with the game like it happened in CBT) you can't operate other programs in the background like Teamspeak, Razer Synapse, music players, etc
The client right now is downloading for me but sometimes ramdonly it get stuck at low download speed and i have to cancel it and resume like in CBT...and i wouldn't be surprised if the "downloading repair files (0/85)" problem getting stuck is still there

So if every annoying problem from the CBT client is still there and nothing changed so far why the heck did you forced us to install the game all over again?

Edited by questir

Ren36   

After you agree to the terms & conditions a window will appear asking where to install the game. You just have to change the directory. Just now, I did it myself.

the most annoying thing for me is that when you have the launcher open (and at this point i'm suspecting it will be the same with the game like it happened in CBT) you can't operate other programs in the background like Teamspeak, Razer Synapse, music players, etc
The client right now is downloading for me but sometimes ramdonly it get stuck at low download speed and i have to cancel it and resume like in CBT...and i wouldn't be surprised if the "downloading repair files (0/85)" problem getting stuck is still there

That won´t change, until NCSoft decides to scrap GameGuard.

So if every annoying problem from the CBT client is still there and nothing changed so far why the heck did you forced us to install the game all over again?

https://media.giphy.com/media/lXiRD6COxDO7BOKTm/giphy.gif

Grimoir   

Clicked download

Clicked install

Downloaded

Installed game

No problems.

so whats your point? o.o

Jayrune   

After you agree to the terms & conditions a window will appear asking where to install the game. You just have to change the directory. Just now, I did it myself.

i did as well, and yet it still installed the launcher under the default c: directory, and is downloading everything to there.

This completely defeats the point of selecting a different install location. NCSoft Tech team FAIL

edit: scratch that, it is not downloading to that location. only the tiny launcher is there.

Edited by Jayrune

Zofi   

Jesus I don't know where to begin and I didn't complain too much in CBT since it was a CBT client but now that the official client is available it seems that most of the annoying things about the CBT client is still there.

First of all when you try to install the game it ask you to install the Launcher but you can't choose the directory cause it doesn't give you that option and it's installed by default in Program Files. Then when you open the launcher to log in it always ask you for a verification code and when you finally log in it shows you two script errors saying something like "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No?" but the most annoying thing for me is that when you have the launcher open (and at this point i'm suspecting it will be the same with the game like it happened in CBT) you can't operate other programs in the background like Teamspeak, Razer Synapse, music players, etc

I'm gonna claim user error.  If you uninstalled all other versions of Blade and Soul and the NCLauncher, you would have had the same experience as myself, that is, no issues whatsoever.

Aspergo   

i did as well, and yet it still installed the launcher under the default c: directory, and is downloading everything to there.

This completely defeats the point of selecting a different install location. NCSoft Tech team FAIL

Yep, i totally agree.. but u can move the nclauncher manually, change ur registry (search for NCWest) and then edit the NCLauncher.ini. There is a line that startsWith "InstallFilePath".. Just change it to any location ;)

Esuna   

It only installs the launcher to the C/Directory, the game itself i had an option of installing on my G Drive.

Right, and the launcher is super light.

Trane   

Yeah the verification is such a BS, especially for someone like me who has a Dynamic IP.

I have Dynamic IP and no need any verification.

Clicked download

Clicked install

Downloaded

Installed game

No problems.

so whats your point? o.o

+1

if you have 99999 programs and games sure you have the register full of things, temps, "junk files", etc. Maybe the problem is your PC no the client :O

6IX   

Clicked download

Clicked install

Downloaded

Installed game

No problems.

so whats your point? o.o

Do you have to uninstall the game itself or only the CBT launcher?

questir   

That won´t change, until NCSoft decides to scrap GameGuard.

https://media.giphy.com/media/lXiRD6COxDO7BOKTm/giphy.gif

I wasn't talking about the game but the launcher

Clicked download

Clicked install

Downloaded

Installed game

No problems.

so whats your point? o.o

My point? Read OP and if you don't have any of these problems doesn't mean that others don't either

I'm gonna claim user error.  If you uninstalled all other versions of Blade and Soul and the NCLauncher, you would have had the same experience as myself, that is, no issues whatsoever.

Just because you did't find any issues doesn't mean others don't as well

It only installs the launcher to the C/Directory, the game itself i had an option of installing on my G Drive.

And what do you think i was talking about cuz i never mentioned about the game installing in C

I have Dynamic IP and no need any verification.

+1

if you have 99999 programs and games sure you have the register full of things, temps, "junk files", etc. Maybe the problem is your PC no the client :o

My Windows is pretty much fresh but yet i'm still getting all these annoying problems

sevXone   

Clicked download

Clicked install

Downloaded

Installed game

No problems.

so whats your point? o.o

Same here, had no problems at all, the client works flawlessly. Dunno what people are complaining about.

Edited by sevXone

Yui   

Alright, I have helped a few people with this already but let me explain it again.

If you are having issues launching blade and soul.

Follow these steps. (no matter what you have done. don't skip)

Under programs and features remove any blade and soul game you have.

Under programs and features remove any NC Launcher program you may have. LOOK FOR IT

Go to program files and remove the NCSOFT and NCWest folders. This step may require a reboot if you have messed with things

Install the release client you downloaded. Hit next a bunch of times and if you want to check the box at the end.

Launch blade and soul and update. 

You just won the Game

I was serious when I said don't skip any step!

If you deleted the NCWest folder perminantly and need a copy so you can uninstall it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2vCzl6uYNWIOGNvaFhnMmlVTE0/view?usp=sharing

The new install does come with the launcher, If you still have the launcher installed on program and features but just removed the NCWest folder it will think its installed and skip installing that component.

Above are my steps for a clean install. Alternatively you can copy the file at the bottom and place the NCWest folder and install the new release

Edited by Yui

Ginny   

The new install does come with the launcher, If you still have the launcher installed on program and features but just removed the NCWest folder it will think its installed and skip installing that component.

Above are my steps for a clean install. Alternatively you can copy the file at the bottom and place the NCWest folder and install the new release

Lack of Launcher error plus Internet Explorer scripting issues is also happening to brand new players, i.e. those that have never played Blade & Soul ...

Sinnaru   

Do you have to uninstall the game itself or only the CBT launcher?

I think it's better off uninstalling the whole game and getting a new copy, did that and had no errors whatsoever.

no issues here for me

downloaded client

installed launcher

installed through launcher

launched game

made a password

ready to go!

I had to shut down and disable my anti virus as well as download a program to easy stop processes on my computer because they where conflicting with gameguard and giving me an error.

Purple   

This must be your own issues.

When I installed off the client I was offered to pick a location right away. Also not a single error while installing.

This is the second time installing on 2 computers all went well both times.

When I log in now all I get is the "Enter pin" but the servers are down so I guess that wont work yet.

Edited by Purple

Lolita   

MY only problem that occured for me when installing the lite client, was if i chose not to let it have a desktop shortcut, i could not run a thing, after re-installing and allowing the shortcut and executing it, it solved all my problems, game is updating and all. 

Purple   

Most problems are going to be people have out of date software such as  drivers, browser, all the Microsoft Visual C++.

You have to keep these things up to date :)

Lurkios   

CBT:

-Downloaded launcher

-Installed launcher

--Slightly annoyed at mandatory placement on C:, would have preferred a different drive for organizational purposes - functionally, very little difference

-Installed game

--Got annoying IP verification

-Verified

--Still annoyed

-Played game

Release:

-Downloaded launcher

-Installed launcher

--Liked the game enough to give it a spot on the SSD

-Installed game

-Launched game

-Verified

--Still annoyed

-Did not play game

-Allowing us to put the launcher somewhere other than C: is basic. I don't understand why this wasn't an option in beta and I'm a bit miffed that, after all the complaining, it wasn't made an option in release.

-The IP verification is just stupid. Give us the option of an app based or physical RSA token and let us be.

Otherwise, it's a launcher. Don't love it, don't hate it.

Edited by Lurkios

CBT:

-Downloaded launcher

-Installed launcher

--Slightly annoyed at mandatory placement on C:, would have preferred a different drive for organizational purposes - functionally, very little difference

-Installed game

-Verified

--Still annoyed

-Played game

Release:

-Downloaded launcher

-Installed launcher

--Liked the game enough to give it a spot on the SSD

-Installed game

-Launched game

-Verified

--Still annoyed

-Did not play game

-Allowing us to put the launcher somewhere other than C: is basic. I don't understand why this wasn't an option in beta and I'm a bit miffed that, after all the complaining, it wasn't made an option in release.

-The IP verification is just stupid. Give us the option of an app based or physical RSA token and let us be.

Otherwise, it's a launcher. Don't love it, don't hate it.

Lol, really....

Sign in to follow this