questir

NCsoft your "new" client is still annoying

Purple   

My installer is on my E: drive so I don't see your problem here

The only folder I have on my C: is in my documents its 157kb file big woop

Edited by Purple

Kianae   

If you have Trend installed:

* Disable Trend before starting anything using Game Guard.  Keep it disabled while Game Guard is running.  If you have to, it's usually safe to restart it once the game is fully loaded.

* If you forget, look for "Trend Diagnostics toolbox" in task manager, and end task on it if it's there.  Usually it will be top if you sort by disk.

* If the launcher fails, just restart it over and over.  It will eventually start correctly.

* If the virus scanner is running, and you click the Play button, you may be waiting eight hours for the game to actually start (* that was on i7/NVidia rig, it was actually worse on the AMD rig).  If you disable the virus scanner, on the same hardware, you'll start in under a second.  It's pretty harsh.

Remember:

Game Guard is an absolutely vital and useful tool.  Immediately after a Game Guard patch, it can block the cheat programs and the bot programs for an entire 20 minutes.  It may randomly terminate some processes, and on some computers, some of those processes may be a little bit... well, necessary... and so when it gets into the mood to terminate such unnecessary things as the security subsystem or the hard drive driver, you know, it's not really its fault that you get a blue screen, it's your fault for having a device driver they didn't think to test with.

Oh, I mean -- Game Guard is a vital and effective tool, you must not speak evil about Game Guard.  Shhhhhhh, it's listening.  Please don't blue screen my computer game guard, I didn't mean it, you know I love you

Lurkios   

Remember:

Game Guard is an absolutely vital and useful tool.  Immediately after a Game Guard patch, it can block the cheat programs and the bot programs for an entire 20 minutes.  It may randomly terminate some processes, and on some computers, some of those processes may be a little bit... well, necessary... and so when it gets into the mood to terminate such unnecessary things as the security subsystem or the hard drive driver, you know, it's not really its fault that you get a blue screen, it's your fault for having a device driver they didn't think to test with.

Oh, I mean -- Game Guard is a vital and effective tool, you must not speak evil about Game Guard.  Shhhhhhh, it's listening.  Please don't blue screen my computer game guard, I didn't mean it, you know I love you

boot.ini... is that... a CHEAT? -GG

Sign in to follow this