XDeathCoreX

What was the point of the 3+ year wait for this game?

What have they been doing all these years since 2012 that was worth the wait?

Was it truly worth the wait or a waste of time and money?

Would you have been fine with playing the game years ago w/o whatever they did that took so long?

Does censorship have anything to do with it?

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Well.

This is a pretty common thing for Korean MMOs. It comes out there, stays there for 2 years+ 

They could have been doing nothing, truthfully. That happens a lot with this kind of stuff. The only difference is BnS has been heavily anticipated for all the time that we haven't had it, a lot of the other KMMOs aren't as much :P

Would you have been fine with playing the game years ago w/o whatever they did that took so long?

If your complaining about the long wait. . .I would blame the censorship issues in the U.S.  Seems blood, gore, blowing shit up is ok in games.  going and killing random people for fun is also ok but revealing outfits is not, naked people is not. . . .Yep. . . .

Snowaeth   

I don't think that B&S in its original state would be a hit in the west.

I'm not happy to get it late, but...

I do feel that with the extra content, balancing, polishing and the faster content release schedule that we will have while catching up to KR, this game will turn out much better than the failure which it would have been in its original state.

Negaimu   

All of you are wrong. The reason it took forever is because ncsoft cancelled localization of it at some point and decided to push other games to the west thinking they would make much more $$$ on them. Bns na / eu could have came out years ago but they simply decided to stop  localization entirely & try to push wildstar & other things out the door.

They were basically thinking 100% like a business and going after the money first, even though im sure had they brough bns to the west sooner it would have been a hit =P I dont think it would have caught fire but it would have had a small boom at least.

The comment saying bns would have failed in its original state is hilarious since the alpha's & cbt's are more or less bns in its original form with minor adjustments lol.. and people had no issues with it. the reason the west version was nearly never a reality is cause ncsoft choose to do so in favor of other things.

Edited by Negaimu

Considering there are other things about this game that I personally enjoy as opposed to just the combat, (the story line, the fact I can be a male character and be cute as opposed to being ugly or tough like the average mmo, the fact I can wear cute albeit girly outfits as a male character, etc) the wait hasn't done anything to deter me from playing or sour my gaming experience with it. The other thing that makes me want to play is the fact that I can be a 'support' class and not NEED to party with people to accomplish my goals. If I want to farm a costume I can go solo nearly every dungeon in the current patch we will get without having to beg a bunch of random people to help me, or join a clan full of muppets and hope they have enough time between chasing after virtual girls and...well being a muppet, to lend a helping hand.  

Shorsh   

Does it matter? 

Will the root cause in delay change anything?

Game goes live January 15th for founders pack holders and January 19th for everyone else.

All that should matter.

Twinkle   

I can go solo nearly every dungeon in the current patch we will get without having to beg a bunch of random people to help me, or join a clan full of muppets and hope they have enough time between chasing after virtual girls and...well being a muppet, to lend a helping hand.

What a vision of an MMO. You look so sad. Take à break of games. @.@"

What a vision of an MMO. You look so sad. Take à break of games. @.@"

I must've hit too close to home. *pats back*  I'm sorry that I enjoy being able to take care of myself and not have to rely on others for my success. 

I must've hit too close to home. *pats back*  I'm sorry that I enjoy being able to take care of myself and not have to rely on others for my success. 

Premium plz?

Wanna join a guild? <insert typical "We help everyone/funloving/community focused bs here">

You look like a strong player, can you halp meh plox?

Snowaeth   

The comment saying bns would have failed in its original state is hilarious since the alpha's & cbt's are more or less bns in its original form with minor adjustments lol.. and people had no issues with it. the reason the west version was nearly never a reality is cause ncsoft choose to do so in favor of other things.

You'r telling me that B&S with the current alpha content, not backed up by faster content releases because of KR being couple of years ahead.

While on top of it having more bugs, less balance and less polish would have been a hit in the west.

Nah.

Premium plz?

Wanna join a guild? <insert typical "We help everyone/funloving/community focused bs here">

You look like a strong player, can you halp meh plox?

I don't know you!  but no I don't mind helping people, just look me up ingame, same name as it is here. 

Negaimu   

You'r telling me that B&S with the current alpha content, not backed up by faster content releases because of KR being couple of years ahead.

While on top of it having more bugs, less balance and less polish would have been a hit in the west.

Nah.

Never said it would be a hit. no asian focused mmo will be a "hit" in the west lmao. but it certainly wouldnt have failed. it would have done the same if not better due to having way more people hyped & anxious for it. so many people moved on / lost interest / have no desire to play ncsoft's games after getting back handed by them after they promised bns for the west then made the decision to cancel localization to try & make bank on wildstar instead lol.

TakunDes   

To be honest the wait is worth it. I am happy that after all these years the game has over few years of contents and we are getting them soon on Launch after waiting all these years. 

Grimoir   

Because all the most important and famous guests are always the last to arrive at a party :P

Shiro   

The comment saying bns would have failed in its original state is hilarious since the alpha's & cbt's are more or less bns in its original form with minor adjustments lol..

You have no idea what you're talking about. Beta was up-to-date to around Summer 2015 how is that "old" BnS?

It's only "old" for people because they wanted september changes

edit: and no I'm not talking about the available content, but the skill balances and such. I don't know a single person who thought content in beta was "enough", at least PvE wise

Edited by Shiro

Weifong   

Tbh how have you been waiting? i mean, haven't you done anything else or played any other games since you knew there was something called bns?

To those who love this game, they just support the game to come here and when it makes itself here, they're happy. You've not been losing anything waiting for the game to come here buddy.

The fact is, if the game wasn't worth playing then what's the point you're here complaining and being kittenish lol.

Twinkle   

sweat-salty-foods-1.jpg

xD

Yui   

Twinkle you really did make me laugh out loud, That was very well done.

Cherish   

1. They chose to work on Wildstar first which has proven to be probably a wrong decision.

2. I have waited for BnS, I didnt go and play it on another countries server so for me yes it was worth the wait and not a waste of money. I do have to wonder how much BnS have lost due to so many people from this region already having done years playing the game on overseas servers.  I also wonder if those same people are now going to be long term players on the NA servers or if they have already burnt out on the game.

3. Maybe 12 months ago would have been a good time to start BnS for me because by then I was over most of the other games I was playing.  But it is what it is and now is the time we are getting so Im just grateful for that.

4. What censorship?  If they have to make a few minor changes to story etc to better suit the audience then so be it.  No censorship of the armours so Im all good with it.

Lurkios   

-Translations take time. A lot of it. I've been working on a casual project for the past 5 years and it's got maybe 1/20th of the lines.

-They diverted a lot of resources to Wildstar, which ended up being a huge mistake all around.

-The godawful "localization" team wasted time on their little creative writing project that the vast majority of users did not want. In all fairness, this probably didn't significantly delay anything, but I'll rant about it anyway.

-The number of changes requires aside from translation are significant. You run into a whole host of issues, especially converting from non-roman alphabets - lines no longer fitting in their intended spaces, bad line breaks, having to extend scenes/modify options, etc. etc. Huge amount of work there from a variety of people (writers, UI designers, programmers) who all need to pass back and forth repeatedly to get it right.

But to answer your first question, didn't you try the beta? Yes, it's worth the wait.

Considering there are other things about this game that I personally enjoy as opposed to just the combat, (the story line, the fact I can be a male character and be cute as opposed to being ugly or tough like the average mmo, the fact I can wear cute albeit girly outfits as a male character, etc) the wait hasn't done anything to deter me from playing or sour my gaming experience with it. The other thing that makes me want to play is the fact that I can be a 'support' class and not NEED to party with people to accomplish my goals. If I want to farm a costume I can go solo nearly every dungeon in the current patch we will get without having to beg a bunch of random people to help me, or join a clan full of muppets and hope they have enough time between chasing after virtual girls and...well being a muppet, to lend a helping hand.  

Cute male characters in nurse outfits is like 99% of the reason I stayed on this game tbh

RAV3N   

The decission of betting for Wildstar before putting efforts in Blade and Soul was....kinda....."reckless" IMHO.    <_<