Sign in to follow this  
Hong

Launch Guide Typo? Confused. 'More than three full days before the game launch'

Hong   

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/launch-guide/

Under Head Start

All Founder’s Pack owners will be able to access the game more than three full days before the game launch,....

More than three full days = more than 72 hours, which can be interpreted as: there are no plans to take the server down on Monday or in between launch.

I think it'll probably be more clear to replace 'more than' for 'for'.

The reason why I brought this up was because a lot of players thought the server won't be closing down in between launch, but on the founder's pack page, it says exactly 3 days, 72 hours. The launch guide causes more confusion than anything IMHO.

Edited by Hong

Samyaza   

Don't quote me on this, but I think Julianne on one of the JaeSung's streams said, that they are not planning to shut the servers down between headstart and official release, but they reserver the right to do so, before launch, if some game-changing bug appears, during headstart.

Edited by Samyaza

Mikey   

I can't find the source this instant, but i believe Julianne mentioned on Reddit that they just included that "ending time" on the 18th just INCASE the servers needed to be taken down for maintenance. If everything is running smoothly however, they will not be taking them down. 

Familiar   

I hope they do bring the servers down before launch. Was going to get some sleep during that downtime :-(

Shorsh   

You're welcome Hong.

Go away, Hong clearly thanked me for all my hard work NOT you. 

You're welcome Hong! 

Anytime.

Teisho   

TNaTCzq.png

So I was right all this time and people here had me thinking that I simply misunderstood.... That I simply misread.

*sigh*

So I was right all this time and people here had me thinking that I simply misunderstood.... That I simply misread.

*sigh*

Should've asked me next time Teisho! :)

Liinxy   

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/launch-guide/

Under Head Start

More than three full days = more than 72 hours, which can be interpreted as: there are no plans to take the server down on Monday or in between launch.

I think it'll probably be more clear to replace 'more than' for 'for'.

The reason why I brought this up was because a lot of players thought the server won't be closing down in between launch, but on the founder's pack page, it says exactly 3 days, 72 hours. The launch guide causes more confusion than anything IMHO.

The article says more than 3 days because Head Start begins on January 15, 10am PST and launch begins at January 18, 9pm PST (January 19, 12am EST). The Head Start phase ends up being 83 hours which is more than 3 days and also includes any possible maintenance downtime that may occur.

We are aware of the The Founder's Pack page still stating 3 days for Head Start and we have requested this to be updated. 

Hope this helps clear things up!

The article says more than 3 days because Head Start begins on January 15, 10am PST and launch begins at January 19, 9pm PST (12am EST). The Head Start phase ends up being 83 hours which is more than 3 days and also includes any possible maintenance downtime that may occur.

We are aware of the The Founder's Pack page still stating 3 days for Head Start and we have requested this to be updated. 

Hope this helps clear things up!

I think you mean Jan 19th 12 am EST or equivalent to Jan 18th 9pm PST. Because, EST is 3 hours ahead of PST.

Edited by Farrangis

Pohwan   

Should've asked me next time Teisho! :)

I don't know why I laughed so hard at this  :lol:

The tense mismatch sure had me laughing quite hard too, hah

Familiar   

Yeah, I find the weirdest stuff funny. Just trying to explain why I found that so funny to my brother, and he just looks at me like I'm nuts. He just doesn't get it.

"Should have asked me next time Teisho!" Pure, comedy gold to me.

Liinxy   

I think you mean Jan 19th 12 am EST or equivalent to Jan 18th 9pm PST. Because, EST is 3 hours ahead of PST.

Fixed, thank you! Brain no compute after having to wake up early again. *sniff*

Yeah, I find the weirdest stuff funny. Just trying to explain why I found that so funny to my brother, and he just looks at me like I'm nuts. He just doesn't get it.

"Should have asked me next time Teisho!" Pure, comedy gold to me.

I aim to please! ^_^

Sign in to follow this