Barnivere

Racial Abilities

Now some of you remember the Mediaday Trailer that first revealed Blade and Soul, and caused the hype heard 'round the mmo world.
In this trailer, the races had special racial abilities based on their lore, such as the gons gaining (wings and horns made from bone) due to their dragon blood, Lyn running on all fours, Kun walking on water etc.
For some STRANGE reason, these racial abilities were scrapped in the final version of BnS.
Some even looked to be cosmetic.

Do you think sometime later on (IF EVER) that we'll see these things make a return?

Edit: Screens
fwZGrAF.jpg
UZYJYbm.jpghrqwRB8.jpg

Edited by Barnivere

Fael   

People already complain about classes being race specific.

Race specific skills or abilities would a bloodbath.

Sync   

Waste of development time in my opinion. I was never a fan of racial passives.

Teisho   

No, they won't.

Racial passives/abilities are okay in a game like TERA where all races can be (almost) all classes. BnS limits class selection based on race so race based abilities would only serve to create unnecessary inequality between the races. 

Edited by Teisho

Yui   

I started explaining where racial abilities even started... It got long I deleted it and thought I would just give my opinion on why it might have been removed from the game.

They mean little difference, and with classes tied to race some people may feel there unique racial abilities provided meant nothing due to being forced into a race.

If during the game design I noticed this, or noticed that a shared class would have a more alluring passive and would make people choose a race due to benefits and not class or look. I would probably scrap it as most racial abilities are minor and effecting players due to them isn't worth it.

This is just my opinion of course

I think its the same thing that happend with Summoner's badass familiar. We got trolled so bad, even NCSoft decided to reveal the truth with an even more troll/disappointing video.www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUtYnS1vgNs

I remember posting that video in one of my articles on MMOSite... people raged so hard.

They did say that more summons were in the works, but I think they might be BSing us and released those ugly pets instead.

Edited by Barnivere

Familiar   

Lol wow. Never saw that before, and I'm wishing I hadn't now. Makes me sad.

And people call ME a troll...

Now you just have to wait for the Warlock lifelessly on the spot to see justice brought to the game.

Fael   

I think its the same thing that happend with Summoner's badass familiar. We got trolled so bad, even NCSoft decided to reveal the truth with an even more troll/disappointing video.www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUtYnS1vgNs

I've seen it before, but that video is still awesome! :D

Ethria   

And people call ME a troll...

Aaaah then you should watch the full thing, the video in which the "most likely new class" was revealed to us! How much hyped we were! Even I was saying how I'll totally go for that class even If I'm not fan of the race! Just watch from the beginning till 1:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVtgetttLJ0

Edited by Ethria

Familiar   

@Ethria I actually have seen that video before. Didn't recognize that clip from the beginning in that other video though. It's been years lol

Brogg   

Gon summoner plx

I want a gon who summons a tiger/lion/cheetah/panther, no house cat for my gon.

Familiar   

I want a gon who summons a tiger/lion/cheetah/panther, no house cat for my gon.

drizzt_and_guenhwyvar_by_triola.jpg

Yeah, Gon Summoner seems like a good idea to me too

Kounat   

I'd like some racial abilities... that'd be cool... but from the looks of them and their descriptions, I think they got turned into the Wind-walking techniques. The walking on water thing Yuns were supposed to have, we all sort of have now... and for the bone wings we could only assume they'd give us flight or extend our gliding and we have ways of extending that already... and the walking on all 4s thing you could only assume that it'd either give us the ability to have more stamina or run faster, and we have one of those... so yeah lol

Anyways, for the Gon summoner thing... I was thinking something along the lines of this:

639a32315dcb988d2ab8c677cf5874cf.jpg