Sign in to follow this  
Ralin

BnS beta launcher still usable on game release?

Ralin   

I'm wondering since i just built a computer to play this game on optimal scales if I should re download the beta launcher for the game, but I'm not sure if it works when the game is actually released. Any tell would be much appreciated so i know if the 4 hour wait is worth my time, thanks.

Weifong   

next time, before you ask
DO
RESEARCH
!!?

For your question, it seems like we'll need to download another launcher.

Shorsh   

I'm wondering since i just built a computer to play this game on optimal scales if I should re download the beta launcher for the game, but I'm not sure if it works when the game is actually released. Any tell would be much appreciated so i know if the 4 hour wait is worth my time, thanks.

4 Hour wait??? What you waiting for?

I'd just download the CBT client and hope it will work for Release.

Not like it will hurt you to download it now :)

Kounat   

SagPYKv.jpg

Try searching up your question before asking it next time, this topic's been brought up a million times already. No one is completely sure but according to some tweets, it seems like we'll have to download a new client.

Jem   

ANOTHER

SagPYKv.jpg

Try searching up your question before asking it next time, this topic's been brought up a million times already. No one is completely sure but according to some tweets, it seems like we'll have to download a new client.

YOU SMART

YOU LOYAL

YOU'RE GRATEFUL

I APPRECIATE THAT

ANOTHER ONE

Pohwan   

I'd advise you to download the CBT client anyway. You'll most likely be able to copy the more or less 18 GB in size of upk files inside its folder to the folders of the new client just so you won't have to redownload everything when they release it. Keep in mind that you'll still need to download a few GBs though.

Edited by Pohwan

Ishtar   

Great, people dumbing down on people with questions.

Pretty sure ya'll already said all that dozen of times already.. but seriously, new people will keep asking, it wont stop, ever. You're just wasting your time telling people off, it's just stupid imo. 

Weifong   

Pretty sure ya'll already said all that dozen of times already.. but seriously, new people will keep asking, it wont stop, ever. You're just wasting your time telling people off, it's just stupid imo. 

How can it be stupid telling ppl stop making clone threads? at least the ones, who are told not to do it, are not going to make clone threads asking about other questions.

Now give me a real reason saying it's stupid.

Pohwan   

How can it be stupid telling ppl stop making clone threads? at least the ones, who are told not to do it, are not going to make clone threads asking about other questions.

Now give me a real reason saying it's stupid.

Objectively speaking it doesn't matter if the person you tell not to make clone threads will or not stop making clone threads because there will always be people making clone threads as long as forums exist. So that if you're part of the stupid anti-clone-thread-united-knights-because-we-dont-know-any-better little group that does nothing but use the clone threads as opportunity to try to look cool and tell people off with those oh ever so funny memes and cliched comments, you'll ALWAYS have to deal with them. So the number and its increases do not matter because there won't be an end to it to begin with.

Fael   

Objectively speaking it doesn't matter if the person you tell not to make clone threads will or not stop making clone threads because there will always be people making clone threads as long as forums exist. So that if you're part of the stupid anti-clone-thread-united-knights-because-we-dont-know-any-better little group that does nothing but use the clone threads as opportunity to try to look cool and tell people off with those oh ever so funny memes and cliched comments, you'll ALWAYS have to deal with them. So the number and its increases do not matter because there won't be an end to it to begin with.

"People will always insult or harass each other so let them be"?

Clone threads are against the rules of the forum, if someone disagree with these rules (s)he can talk about it to the mods ;). It is useful to learn that to newcomers, and with a bit of luck, they won't make 368 identical threads about other subjects later, like some of us seem to enjoy doing here.

These threads should be locked as soon as they are created, that's pretty simple and the obvious thing to do if we want a clean and readable forum.

Edited by Fael

Weifong   

I'm 100% sure there would've been a lot more of clone threads if we hadn't said anything to prevent it from happening. I've already seen one person making countless threads asking for things already answered.

Once again ppl, who you taunted as the 'knights', might get annoyed by keep answering those questions countless times. This leads to their vexatious attitude. Meanwhile they can't just ignore these questions, because in all means they want these new players to come to the game.

^ it's totally reasonable.

Now that, except for the bad attitude, how can it be stupid?

Pohwan   

I'm 100% sure there would've been a lot more of clone threads if we hadn't said anything to prevent it from happening. I've already seen one person making countless threads asking for things already answered.

Once again ppl, who you taunted as the 'knights', might get annoyed by keep answering those questions countless times. This leads to their vexatious attitude. Meanwhile they can't just ignore these questions, because in all means they want these new players to come to the game.

^ it's totally reasonable.

Now that, except for the bad attitude, how can it be stupid?

You don't seem like you understand what I said. I recognise there would be more. And that's why I said it doesn't matter the number or whether it increases or not. For the people that just feels like it's their duty to reply to these threads, it's actually a blessing to know they will never end. It means they'll forever have a duty to do. Isn't that great? Now for the people that don't actually want to reply to these threads but they still do nevertheless there's just no room to complain about it. I mean, it's like deciding to take a bath and complaining about how you came out all soaked. No problems with the "vexatious" attitude, really. Just try to keep it fresh. You guys end up clone posting inside a clone thread without even realising it. Not to mention that's the very answer to the problem: don't reply to them. If you do that, they'll either give up on it or try to get the answers by themselves, in other words go after them and search for themselves. Which is exactly what you seem to want.

Ethria   

On the question if we'll be able to update the beta launcher or if we'll have to download a new one for the release, Jonathan Lien confirmed yesterday on Twitter  It will be a new download. Till now we knew they lean towards the new download but it wasn't 100% sure. 

Edited by Ethria

Kaishina   

SagPYKv.jpg

Stop this cancer picture already.

Moist   

ANOTHER

YOU SMART

YOU LOYAL

YOU'RE GRATEFUL

I APPRECIATE THAT

ANOTHER ONE

go buy your mother a house

go buy your house a house

go buy a house

Stop this cancer picture already.

can't stop the meme train all aboard 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CDjMt1y.jpg

Moist   

Maturity level on these forums is beyond -0.

0 (zero; BrE: /ˈzɪərəʊ/ or AmE: /ˈziːroʊ/) is both a number[1] and the numerical digit used to represent that number in numerals. It fulfills a central role in mathematics as the additive identity of the integers, real numbers, and many other algebraic structures. As a digit, 0 is used as a placeholder in place value systems. Names for the number 0 in English include zero, nought or (US) naught (/ˈnɔːt/), nil, or — in contexts where at least one adjacent digit distinguishes it from the letter "O" — oh or o (/ˈoʊ/). Informal or slang terms for zero include zilch and zip.[2] Ought and aught (/ˈɔːt/), as well as cipher, have also been used historically.[3] An integer is a whole number that can be either greater than 0, called positive, or less than 0, called negative. Zero is neither positive nor negative. Two integers that are the same distance from the origin in opposite directions are called opposites.

Edited by Moist

Avenger   
Greetings,

We are closing this topic because we have way too much trolls / useless posts on it. Please be aware, we will not allow this kind of posts for the game release.  ;)

Regards,

Team Blade & Soul.