Sign in to follow this  
aSin

Launch time ...really?

aSin   

Hi,

Just wondering if everyone feel ok with the game official open on Jan/19 ?

January 19, 12:01am EST/5am UTC: Blade & Soul launches and Founder’s Pack sales end

Really ... 12am ?

Thanks,

Familiar   

Yeah, seems fine with me. Should be a time when most people who want to play the game are home for those crucial first hours. You want them to do it at 10am or something? I think a time like that would cause more scheduling conflicts, not less.

Ler   

It's fine for me.

Most of the game have launch at midnight.

Ppl who wanna play will w8 but most will log in next day so less que.

And tbh you shd be rdy that first 2 hours you probably will have trouble to even login and get to character creation...

sevXone   
Blade & Soul will be launching on 19th January 5AM GMT!

If you own any Founder's Packs, you'll be able to access the game early during our Head Start period starting 15th January 15th 6PM GMT.

Those with Disciple and Master Packs will also be able to reserve their character and name on January 11th. EU Servers will open at 6:00PM GMT, and NA servers will open at 6:00PM PST.

Jem   

Yes, that seems normal for me. 12:01 AM for me but I'll most definitely be awake, lmao.

Kounat   

Yeah that time's fine with me as well lol

Gonna play for 3 days straight for Headstart anyway so 12am is fine..

CycLee   

let's meet up a few minutes after that time (after reaching lvl45 of) in Bamboovillage and welcome the newcomers :)

Naunet   

It's pretty typical. I graduated college a while back, so I'm no longer able to stay up until midnight to then play a video game for hours - at least not on a work night. xD But hey, that just means when I do get around to playing, the problems are generally... somewhat resolved!

Topy   

Yeah, seems fine with me and tbh I don't care about the time.  :P

5687282029_85f445170b.jpg

Welp...I use another time zone...So midnight would be like 18:00 for me.

You guys should check current time zone where you live, to make sure when server will be available for you.

and if you want to play before midnight, then buy any Founder Pack.  ;)

Because Head Start begins January 15, (10am "PST" / 6pm "UTC").

I think that most people in forum bought some Founder Pack, for this they don't care lol.

Sorry my english.  :rolleyes:

(...)

Upcoming Events

1. January 11: Name Reservation begins
    • EU servers open: 6pm UTC
    • NA servers open: 6pm PST
  2. January 14, 10am PST: Name Reservation ends
  3. January 15, 10am PST/6pm UTC: Head Start begins
  4. January 19, 12:01am EST/5am UTC: Blade & Soul launches and Founder’s Pack sales end

(...)

Azurrei   

This is very standard for new MMO or expansion launches - I'm not sure why you are surprised unless this is your first MMO?  Anyways, another reason to be a founder - founders will be sleeping while the servers implode at midnight on general launch day :p

Familiar   

This is very standard for new MMO or expansion launches - I'm not sure why you are surprised unless this is your first MMO? Anyways, another reason to be a founder - founders will be sleeping while the servers implode at midnight on general launch day :p

Nah, I'll be up for the three days of headstart and then sleep for 10 hours when the servers go down, then be back for more on official release.

I am gonna start playing on headstart so i don't really care about release date. But it's 7am for me :D

Edited by DomPicaDude

Tahmoh   

Pretty sure every mmorpg i've ever played launched at 12:01am est (even games like ff11 that were based out of japan did it) so yeah not sure what your issue with the time is.

It's pretty typical. I graduated college a while back, so I'm no longer able to stay up until midnight to then play a video game for hours - at least not on a work night. xD But hey, that just means when I do get around to playing, the problems are generally... somewhat resolved!

Let's be real. Most of the player base will be kids. They'll be at school blaming their teachers and stealing the pencil-cases from their classmates to vent the rage. Hence the hour complaint.

Azurrei   

Nah, I'll be up for the three days of headstart and then sleep for 10 hours when the servers go down, then be back for more on official release.

They are not necessarily going down - that time between when head start officially ends and F2P begins is only *in case* they need to be brought down (for issues to be fixed before launch) as a CYA legally for selling 3 day headstart in the founders packs - this was confirmed by Julianne (NcSoft Brand Manager - one of the people you always see on the streams.)  And why would you want to be playing when the servers will do nothing but lag out for 3 hours...lol.

Edited by Azurrei

Taywen   

It's perfect. All the hard core players who play all day and all night drinking red bull and doritos will get a big head start and be out of my way when I wake up at a normal hour ready to start playing. Me and all the normal people will have ourselves a nice relaxing and enjoyable time while those folks tick days off their lives worrying over who will be first to max level only to spend the next 6 months complaining because there's nothing else to do until the next update.

Moist   

let's meet up a few minutes after that time (after reaching lvl45 of) in Bamboovillage and welcome the newcomers :)

Lets make the party faction costume only and kill lobies and eachother and incite more hate

A great way to start blade and soul NA

Who's with me¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Familiar   

Lets make the party faction costume only and kill lobies and eachother and incite more hate

Who's with me¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like a plan. Everyone in headstart should have at least one 45 by official launch.

Kaishina   

Who's with me¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks god you are not on EU.

Familiar   

Thanks god you are not on EU.

Yeah, don't worry, I have some friends on EU as well. Will actually make at least one toon ever there. You won't have to feel left out, Friend.

Kaishina   

Yeah, don't worry, I have some friends on EU as well. Will actually make at least one toon ever there. You won't have to feel left out, Friend.

I'm so skared. I just lol'ed. Probably would be lvl 10 by the time you made your character GL.

Edited by Kaishina

Sign in to follow this