Violastro

Site for arena, presets and more...!

Hello everyone,

in short I am trying to create a site for Blade and Soul focused mainly on the arena and the combat system of the game, and I need some feedback...!

Main Features:

There will be tutorials for quickly approaching, learning and improving your experience in the arena...!

You will have a simple way to find players to spar with (both 1v1 and 3v3), frequently updated ranking boards, and more ideas always related to the arena....

Additional Features:

There will be also a creative section to download and upload presets for every race and other "distractions" from the combat...!

Test it plz...!

Some functions are already available (and should work fine), try them all (also check the detailed levelling guide from level 1 to 36 if you want a decent path to follow for the release)...!

As previously written, what I need at the moment is feedback, today I uploaded what I created until now on a free host for everyone to check...!

If you like the idea go watch it and share you opinions, I need especially negative but constructive critiques and I will like to also read new ideas...!

Links:

You can check it here ( yeah will probably change hosting and domain once completed if you like this project...!

To provide your feedback you should be able to use the comments (DISQUS) on the site (quickly added today hopefully working.... :rolleyes: ) or you can reply under this post or you can find me on twitter @Violastro...!

Just to be clear:

I am not a pro diamond-like player and I do not have a previous experience of Blade and Soul on other servers.... at the moment I just have some (plat...?)gold-like knowledge of the game and will aim to improve as much as possible after the release of the game...!

I hope is a decent project and thank you for reading until here...!?!!

(and sorry for my newbie-english mistakes)...!

Vreezi   

I would get someone to help you with the text, as there are many grammar and spelling errors, as well as some of the wording just being plain awkward. Site doesn't look bad, but if you're planning on monetizing it I would hire someone to write articles in a readable fashion and do all of that stuff. Good luck.

Kiara   

You could probably get more response from the General Discussions part of the forums, but I am not sure if this falls under the type of threads that need to be moved to this section here. I don't think a lot of people check the community part of the forums, sadly :(. I might be wrong, though.

Hello again everyone...!

I would get someone to help you with the text, as there are many grammar and spelling errors, as well as some of the wording just being plain awkward. Site doesn't look bad, but if you're planning on monetizing it I would hire someone to write articles in a readable fashion and do all of that stuff. Good luck.

Thank you a lot Vreezi for watching the site and posting here your impressions...!

You are correct about my english being pretty bad and I apologize for it, anyway there are no plans about monetizing the site, it is a project focused on improving my web developing skills and for helping the Blade and Soul community if it goes well...! If there are players interested in the idea and want to help with the content I will be so happy to be helped, for any part of the site, not just the englishification (I will try to improve on my english also)...!

Have a good day...!

You could probably get more response from the General Discussions part of the forums, but I am not sure if this falls under the type of threads that need to be moved to this section here. I don't think a lot of people check the community part of the forums, sadly :(. I might be wrong, though.

Hello Kiara and thank you for your post...!

It is probably true that the General Discussions are more frequented, but I decided to post this discussion in the Community section because I feel is more adequate and precise for this kind of discussions....

Anyway for what I understood this forum is still in development so I try to just leave it in this place for a while and see how it goes, thanks...!

Have a nice day...!

Hello once more everyone...!

this is cool

Hey Tatiana, I am happy that you find this cool  ;)...!

I made some changes (only on local not on the online beta):

• Reduced the size of all the content to be more readable and to give more perception of where you are on the site...!
  • Reduced by a lot the opacity of the effect of the image in the home page (when moving the cursor) so it does look better...!
  • (Thank you Twinkle for helping finding these problems...!)

Q0FHDen.jpg

Also changed the return to top button position:

• Should look better...!

fTtrrel.png?1

I am adding images to the Get Started and Tutorials sections....

Would love more feedback, thank you all...!

Hela   

The font is still very big. Maybe it's the specific font, I'm not sure. I do like the concept. It seems like it could be a very neat website once it has some content. : ) Good work!

Hi everyone...!

pretty cool idea.

Hello allaya, I am happy that you like the idea...!

Have a good day...!

The font is still very big. Maybe it's the specific font, I'm not sure. I do like the concept. It seems like it could be a very neat website once it has some content. : ) Good work!

Hey Hela, thank you for posting your impressions...!

About the font.... you find it very big in general or only in specifics parts (titles, subtitles....) and also is that fact a negative thing in your opinion...? (Sorry for the many questions ^_^)

For the content I am working on it, if someone have ideas or requests about some topics/mechanics (related to the arena) just let me know...!

Have a nice day...!

And now some news:

Added images in all the guides (arena/attributes/combat/effects/experience) (need to decide the dimensions at the moment all are 1730x771 (responsive for lower resolution) but seems with too much height, do you have some suggestions...?)

Improved the style of the guides/tutorials (now justified the content and the grey container have more width)...!

XwCjzIv.jpg

New and upcoming content:

• Created the guide "Attributes" in IMPROVE > Get Started...!
  • Working on the guide "Effects" in IMPROVE > Get Started...!

Tutorial "Experience" preview with images:

XzJB9vI.jpg

(This update is just on local not online on the beta)

Should I focus on improving something specifically about the layout or something else while creating other guides...?

Thank you all as always...!

Hello again, some more fresh news for you...!

Some previews:

9CqRZ1r.png

It's a simple forum...!

3WK0LKM.png

Everyone will be able to create new guides, tutorials and/or trainings for the site...!

LTdFKRr.png

I choosen and customised a forum that doesn't need confirmations and boring stuffs to partecipate, it is an intuitive one with a focus on creating threads quickly...! (NoNonsense Forum)

MBFRTfM.png

wUVtZiq.png

The effects guide is partially completed (just missing some classes specific effects, need help with that since I am not sure how to describe them in a good way).... Thanks to Di'el that allowed me to use the descriptions of the skills effects from bnstree.com for this guide...!

oICe3rD.jpg

VeZZn9m.png

NEXT QUESTS FOR ME:

• Working on the "Skill builds" section for each class (will be pvp only of course, if you want to help or have ideas just contact me)...!
  • Working on "Resources" section (if you are creating good content for Blade and Soul and want to be added just let me know...!)

QUESTS FOR YOU:

• Any ideas for the pictures...? At the moment they are still at 1730x771 resolution....
  • Do you have in mind suggestions for better names instead of Arena for the site...? Or something to add before or after "Arena"...?

(I prefer not to update the online beta because it takes time to change the references for every page to make it work like on local, I prefer to use that time to improve the local site as much as possible and then will decide how to put everything on the internet for all the Blade and Soul players interested in the site...!)

If something should be different in your opinion don't be afraid to write it, I want to improve where possible...!

Thank you a lot for your attention...!

Hey all...!

I am still working on some things, soon the Blade and Soul forums will be down so if you want to give some feedback while the forum is offline just contact me on twitter @Violastro.

Cya...!