Sign in to follow this  
Isyriel

[suggestion] Flying?

Isyriel   

So, BnS got wings (gota pay for them tho) in the China(?) version.  With that i want to know if flying is going to be a mechanic in this game, if not suggest it.  Yes it would probably seem as if you're copying off Aion.  maybe its its not in line with the setting (actually i thought this was like a xianxia type of thing), yes there is probably a hell of a lot of better things to implement than flying (housing anyone?)  but i would think that im not the only one who ever dreamed of soaring through the skies, overlooking the land at least as a child.  

So yeah, Flying.  Anyone?

also sorry if this has been suggested b4.  

6IX   

We already have a gliding feature as an ability that it's almost like flying. The maps are not huge on BnS. I don't think you need to fly or even own a mount. Housing has been discussed on many threads. Me personality housing don't fit in BnS and that goes for the mounts as well.

Edited by 6IX

Shorsh   

Flying or Gliding doesn't fit in well with this game.

I do not approve of this suggestion.

Crownz   

lol there always someone who wants flying in every game. I personally dont like the idea of flying. It was cool when flyff was the first game ever who made it possible, but now it just mean there less interaction because you don't know whose passing by on top of you. Also every game that has a flying system does have flying monsters.

Edited by Crownz

Kaishina   

No flying and housing can the TERA and AION fanboys GTFO ? Both of these games went to ruins because of their toxic communities.

Grimoir   

If you want a mmo with housing....go play Archeage.....

I don't see any point of it, not even guild housing....if  you want a game with housing, there are a few out there go play them....I am getting really sick of hearing in every game "can we have housing?" .....

Yui   

There is no need to dis people from other games. We are a community and where people come from shouldn't matter. As long as people support this game I could not care less what your previous game was.

The most important thing to get across to people about this game is why it is the way it is. Some of these suggestions like flying are just because they don't understand what the developers are drawing from.

Blade and Soul takes from Chinese and Korean culture, about mastering oneself in martial arts by harnessing your inner strength aka chi.

by harnessing chi which exists in all of nature you may bend but not break some of the laws of nature. example is gliding through the air, jumping high in the air, or even running up walls or on water.

The reason flying doesn't fit into the game is due to the material that the developers draw from. You cannot break the rules of gravity, but you may bend them *gliding*

My post is too big for everyone to read, I ask that the OP do a little research into the games base to understand why flying isn't in the game.

Edited by Yui

QuiTong   

Housing? BIG NO. We already had a bunch of topics like that. Here's one of them https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/142182-suggestion-for-new-content-housing-system/?hl=housing

Wings in China BnS as far as I know are for style, no actual flying involved. We already have gliding anyway. This topic is of no need. Please stop making the same damn topics over and over again and just use the search feature.

Edited by QuiTong

Crownz   

if u want a good sandbox game than try Black Desert online, but they have no flying still. Also there no announcement of any NA or EU sever coming soon, but you can buy the founder pack already.

Isyriel   

There is no need to dis people from other games. We are a community and where people come from shouldn't matter. As long as people support this game I could not care less what your previous game was.

The most important thing to get across to people about this game is why it is the way it is. Some of these suggestions like flying are just because they don't understand what the developers are drawing from.

Blade and Soul takes from Chinese and Korean culture, about mastering oneself in martial arts by harnessing your inner strength aka chi.

by harnessing chi which exists in all of nature you may bend but not break some of the laws of nature. example is gliding through the air, jumping high in the air, or even running up walls or on water.

The reason flying doesn't fit into the game is due to the material that the developers draw from. You cannot break the rules of gravity, but you may bend them *gliding*

My post is too big for everyone to read, I ask that the OP do a little research into the games base to understand why flying isn't in the game.

in regards to the research into game base, i was thinking on that as i wrote the post.  From the looks of the game i was drawing on the fact its very similar to wuxia like  things, especially since its centred on martial arts (there was a place earlyon where zombies of martial artists roamed around, they had the classes we are able to play).  But wuxia isnt meant to be the magic, star0wars force etc type thing. i figured BnS to be more or a xianxia thing where flying is beyond common.  (i draw this from wuxiaworld.  if anyone wonders im reading mga,atg,tdg,shen yin wang zuo, xian ni and issth)  thats why i figured it would be safe suggest flying.

In regards to other posts about flying, i did browse them but rather than bumping the post i would just create a new one as they tend to catch more people's attention.  I seemed to have misjudged the attitude which would be directed to this subject.

towards housing, i'm neutral on the subject, but i figured i would iuse that as an example.  I see many posts about it so i figure it would be a reasonable fit into the context.  

I think there are holes in what i wrote but iwrote this with 5% battery life. also, why all the warning points? do you really not like flying that much? if so why punish for sharing opinion / wish.  if its for starting another thread of some repeated topic sure but i don't think this topic is that comon

Edited by Isyriel

Teisho   
I think there are holes in what i wrote but iwrote this with 5% battery life. also, why all the warning points? do you really not like flying that much? if so why punish for sharing opinion / wish.  if its for starting another thread of some repeated topic sure but i don't think this topic is that comon

People here are usually adverse to suggestions that a) seem to come from people with little actual experience playing the game and b ) either don't make sense given the context of the game or would serve no actual purpose.

Your post seems to be a mixture of the two.

The game doesn't need flying because gliding exists. Riding dragon pulses exist. This game has many wuxia elements in it but we're not playing DBZ Xenoverse. Leave the flying to a different game.

Edt: I hate this emoticon so much ->  B) <- it keeps screwing up my posts every time I make a lettered list. 

Edited by Teisho

JFong   

do you know making suggestion threads on a whim over a well-beaten dead horse topic tend to annoy people? their first reaction will be "wtf why don't these people ever effing use google!?!?!?!1!!1!!!1!".

after all, it only takes 2 keywords ([blade & soul na] + [housing]/[mounts]/[flying]/[launch]/[servers]/[warlock]) to find out what you need to know/expect from a game that's been out for THREE years already.

if they have not added a certain feature during that period and have explicitly said they won't be adding that and other features (which is something you would've found out if you had effing used google or any search engines, really), then this and other suggestion threads serves no other purpose than to let the more intellectually capable people *cricket* all over you. 

then again, people need something to do until headstart.

Edited by JFong

Isyriel   

I was thinking that NA/EU would have different offerings than the ones over in asia.  The chinese and korean servers seem to be different.  

also when i talk about flying i was picturing more of hovering in the air being able to do stuff in the air like aerial combat, find hidden dungeons and areas that sort of thing not just mobility.  

in terms of having wuxia elements, im pretty sure being able to summon flying swords or shoot fire and ice out from your ass hands doesnt count.   But i guess the majority would count for non sci-fi-fantasy type thing.   Maybe its just me wanting to see more particle effects 

6IX   

We should implement combat aswell

We already have that, however people are afraid of combat.

No!  People might get hurt.

Not if you get the right training, you also need to become a man to do this ;) 

Grimoir   

Actually....isnt the game out for like 7 years? but anyways....

Flying isnt really needed since gliding exists, tho would be nice if gliding was a bit faster xD

As far as housing goes....this isnt minecraft or archeage (which is totally ruined xD). I wouldnt mind a guild dojo or something but that is also not needed since what would you do there anyway?

If you want a house there are plenty of houses where you can enter in the game, Just go in, beat the crap out of the npc living there, occupy it and tada you got your own personal house .-. (just make sure you know how to play we wouldnt want the npc to beat you up would we now o.o )

Crownz   

Actually....isnt the game out for like 7 years? but anyways....

Flying isnt really needed since gliding exists, tho would be nice if gliding was a bit faster xD

As far as housing goes....this isnt minecraft or archeage (which is totally ruined xD). I wouldnt mind a guild dojo or something but that is also not needed since what would you do there anyway?

If you want a house there are plenty of houses where you can enter in the game, Just go in, beat the crap out of the npc living there, occupy it and tada you got your own personal house .-. (just make sure you know how to play we wouldnt want the npc to beat you up would we now o.o )

I though it was like 5 years or something but the wiki for it says release in Korea at June 30, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_%26_Soul

Check out Black Desert Online though if you want to do some housing

http://black-desert.com/

Sign in to follow this