Ren36

[Suggestion] Option to unsummon cat

Ren36   

I´ve wanted to bring that up a long time ago, but once I settled for my other char I completely forgot about it.

I´m talking about Summoners and the option to unsummon our cats, since I found myself wishing so on a lot of occasions:

1. When I wanted to take a group photo with my friends, without the hassle of killing it

2. Due to our Running Animations being canceled, whenever our pets are attacked. Especially annoying in the later dungeons, where you have to skip many sections
- Grimoir/Kounat

3. To sneak up on enemies in owPVP – Grimoir

4. Since we have no way to permanently dismiss nor fix our pet's static location (with Q not working, because it is on a short timer). So that it´s always around you.
- Ginny

5. To prepare for solo PVP, whenever someone is able to defeat our friend

6. To take a screenshot/video of ourselves, in a nice place, where no or only low level monsters are around, making it impossible to unsummon him

7. Due to a pet bug that makes us stuck in fight mode - Cercueil

8. At times they also block the view of NPCs

9. ...

This suggestion all about convenience and has been brought up in the Korea, as well. That being said, I didn´t mean a skill with option, since it could be used to tip off the balance in PvP.

Just maybe it could be a skill, but then it should be only available while out of combat, as F12-function or if we have to put a skillpoint into "Sob". Converting it into another skill with a cast time of 5s and a CD of 5min+. Making it useless in a serious PvP-match, but a great feature for PvE.

Edited by Ren36

Familiar   

As a summoner, I would totally be for this, but only if the ability had a cast time. Without a cast time, the ability to unsummon would be too strong in PvP.

Sinnaru   

That's actually good idea and balancing pvp on top of that, but I don't think that can happen, can it?

Illyria   

Good suggestion. There were several times I wanted screenshots and such without the cat. This would be very helpful. However, if added, I think it should only be available while out of combat.

Naunet   

Yes, please! We should definitely have control over whether or not a summon is present.

Ren36   

As a summoner, I would totally be for this, but only if the ability had a cast time. Without a cast time, the ability to unsummon would be too strong in PvP.

Yea, I also thought of a cast time. Then again it´s just a handicap in PvP to train your 1v1 skills as a Summoner. Even if you intended to reskill "Sob", after using "ByeBye", the skill would be still on CD(5min). Making it a bad idea in a serious PvP 3v3 match.

Good suggestion. There were several times I wanted screenshots and such without the cat. This would be very helpful. However, if added, I think it should only be available while out of combat.

You´re right. If we pushed the idea of implementing it into the skill-tree aside, then it could be added as a function under F12, like wave for example.

In general idc if it´s implemented into the skill-tree or not, but with the CD in place there wouldn´t be much of an advantage anyway, except for PvE, when you plan to dash through a dungeon.

That's actually good idea and balancing pvp on top of that, but I don't think that can happen, can it?

Not sure. In the end it would be a minor change in the UI, if it´s limited to F12. If it involves the skill-tree, the decision would be up to the DEVs in Korea. Either way it would take some time, but the more people approve of the idea the likelier it is to happen. 

Edited by Ren36

Moist   

If you play as a summoner, you deserve your pictures to be ruinned by your cat.

I laughed harder than I should

Ginny   

First decent suggestion relating to gameplay I have seen on these forums.

Unlike almost all other MMOs, there is no way to permanently dismiss nor even fix your pet's static location (Q does not work because it is on a short timer). So, it is always around you.

This means the pet can interfere with everything from taking photos to doing even the most basic of testing of your character and class UNLESS you can find something to kill the pet before the something dies - Summoner pets are powerful - or gets you killed by aggro (remember too that Blade & Soul max range is a pitful 16m) and preferably before the heat death of the universe, i.e. you should not pick any old enemy since Summoner pets can be pretty hardy.

Edited by Ginny

Familiar   

First decent suggestion relating to gameplay I have seen on these forums.

Unlike almost all other MMOs, there is no way to permanently dismiss nor even fix your pet's static location (Q does not work because it is on a short timer). So, it is always around you.

This means the pet can interfere with everything from taking photos to doing even the most basic of testing of your character and class UNLESS you can find something to kill the pet before the something dies - Summoner pets are powerful - or gets you killed by aggro (remember too that Blade & Soul max range is a pitful 16m) and preferably before the heat death of the universe, i.e. you should not pick any old enemy since Summoner pets can be pretty hardy.

Yeah, I was actually thrown off originally, by how little control we have over the cat's movements. Not even a simple "stay" or "go to" command so that you can position them where you want them. The only way you can realistically get the cat to go to a certain place you want, is to either go there and stand next to the cat, or hope there is an enemy in that position that the cat can attack. You can go to a certain spot and use q, but that will only last for a few seconds.

After playing the game, I kind of understand the limited control we have over our pets though. I can imagine so many possibilities if there was just a "go to" command, that I can see the reasoning behind us not having it. A "stay" command wouldn't be as bad though.

Kounat   

What...? Why in the hell would anyone care to have this as an option??? In actual combat the skill would be absolutely useless

Besides wanting to take screenshots without your annoying cat, why does anyone see this as an option they'd want???? All I can picture is accidentally hitting the button for it and losing a match for a finger slip

And how would the animation work? You'd just slap kitty in the face with your staff and it disappears???

Naunet   

Besides wanting to take screenshots without your annoying cat

This is exactly the reason. -_- Don't dismiss the reason people give and then try and pretend no one has a reason.

Kounat   

This is exactly the reason. -_- Don't dismiss the reason people give and then try and pretend no one has a reason.

Ohhh

Lmao

Well that's not a real reason

If you think that NCSoft would implement a skill for a reason like that, you're hilarious

They take their time adjusting skills for balancing, you know, for this pvp based game? So do you think they'd really invest time into a cat dismissing request for summoners that wanna take pix and are too lazy to just get their cat killed? LOL

Edited by Kounat

Riliane   

If you play as a summoner, you deserve your pictures to be ruinned by your cat.

I can confirm that.

10917246_10205654812642018_3120074486050

Btw, I support the idea, but only while out of combat and prohibited on arena, and with some cd.

Ren36   
And how would the animation work? You'd just slap kitty in the face with your staff and it disappears???

At times, I actually felt like doing so.

All I can picture is accidentally hitting the button for it and losing a match for a finger slip

Haha, if you managed to pull of a F12 skill during a fight by accident, then you should probably go back to pve. The same applies, if you forget to relocate your skillpoints.

Kounat   

At times, I actually felt like doing so.

Haha, if you managed to pull of a F12 skill during a fight by accident, then you should probably go back to pve. The same applies, if you forget to relocate your skillpoints.

I'm sure kitty felt like clawing your eyes out as well :)

And I agree, if you do manage to do that, you should probably stop pvping for awhile since it requires you to press F12 (which is nowhere near ANY of your skills) and then press 1, 2, or 3, and then select an animation from there. Good comparison, because accidentally slipping and pressing a SKILL is the exact same thing as press 3 separate buttons "accidentally" :)

Ren36   

I'm sure kitty felt like clawing your eyes out as well :)

And I agree, if you do manage to do that, you should probably stop pvping for awhile since it requires you to press F12 (which is nowhere near ANY of your skills) and then press 1, 2, or 3, and then select an animation from there. Good comparison, because accidentally slipping and pressing a SKILL is the exact same thing as press 3 separate buttons "accidentally" :)

I think you misunderstood sth. My suggestion was intended to be an option from the beginning, like F12, since it would take much longer to get a permission from the DEVs, if it wasn´t. And the one skill "Sob" you´re talking about would have been replaced by "ByeBye", if you put a skillpoint into it. Making it no accident if you forgot about it.

Kounat   

Do you honestly believe they'd add an animation like that strictly for Summoners???

Either have a friend kill your cat - which doesn't take long at all, or send it to its death by having it attack some npc/mobs - you can't be that dense as to truthfully hold faith that they'd add in a new mechanic because people are lazy lmao

Naunet   

Ohhh

Lmao

Well that's not a real reason

If you think that NCSoft would implement a skill for a reason like that, you're hilarious

They take their time adjusting skills for balancing, you know, for this pvp based game? So do you think they'd really invest time into a cat dismissing request for summoners that wanna take pix and are too lazy to just get their cat killed? LOL

Y'know, I don't think I've seen you be a pleasant person a single time on this forum.

You also don't get to determine what is a "real" reason and what isn't. Having more control over something that is part of their class is not an odd request.

Kounat   

Y'know, I don't think I've seen you be a pleasant person a single time on this forum.

You also don't get to determine what is a "real" reason and what isn't. Having more control over something that is part of their class is not an odd request.

I'm a very pleasant person and I like to help everyone and I'll support anything that's actually doable and not ridiculous, this so happens to fall under the section of ridiculous though as this is an unnecessary feature. I don't think you understand what consideration things actually go through before being implemented and what kind of support they need to have (especially about 8 years after the game's original development).

This isn't even a cosmetics feature, this is literally a feature people want implemented because they're lazy, do you not realize that's ridiculous? I'm not trying to be mean or come off with an attitude, by all means, I'd support it in a second if there was an actual purpose for the skill - there's just not.

You guys also don't seem to realize the animations (the F12 things) are just positional changes but the killing/harming/otherwise instructing of the cat is actually a skill-based concept and would, by default, put a person into combat which is not what the F12 animations function as. This all meaning it would actually have to be a skill, which they wont add in because people wont spare a minute of their time to just kill the cat.

There's no benefit or reason for this to be input, sorry if you feel otherwise or you find my honesty to be "unpleasant".

Shorsh   

5 second unsummon just as we have a 5 second summon?

I too want this. I don't always want my cat out :c

Ginny   

There's no benefit or reason for this to be input, sorry if you feel otherwise or you find my honesty to be "unpleasant".

1. Convenient how you completely ignored the other gameplay reasons posted why it is important to be able to dismiss the pet.

2. Interesting is how you overlook the fact that it would trivial to prevent accidental clicking by the skill having a cast time AND having it (re)bindable like almost any other skill. The former already mentioned in the thread too.

3. You also completely ignore that it is virtually impossible think of any traditional MMORPG that has a permanent pet class WITHOUT a Dismiss or Stay command. This includes NCSoft MMOs! Most action MMOs do not have pet classes. The only exception is GW2, but their Pet system is almost totally broken.

So, you are saying that this feature that has been around for over a decade is "ridiculuous", "lazy", plus all your pleasant epithets to the people who suggested or endorsed it?

In reality, as demonstrated above, it is a feature that does no harm to anyone and a quality of life issue (dev speak) that is almost major, and certainly expected, for those that play that class.

Kounat   

1. Convenient how you completely ignored the other gameplay reasons posted why it is important to be able to dismiss the pet.

2. Interesting is how you overlook the fact that it would trivial to prevent accidental clicking by the skill having a cast time AND having it (re)bindable like almost any other skill. The former already mentioned in the thread too.

3. You also completely ignore that it is virtually impossible think of any traditional MMORPG that has a permanent pet class WITHOUT a Dismiss or Stay command. This includes NCSoft MMOs! Most action MMOs do not have pet classes. The only exception is GW2, but their Pet system is almost totally broken.

So, you are saying that this feature that has been around for over a decade is "ridiculuous", "lazy", plus all your pleasant epithets to the people who suggested or endorsed it?

In reality, as demonstrated above, it is a feature that does no harm to anyone and a quality of life issue (dev speak) that is almost major, and certainly expected, for those that play that class.

1- Can't tell if you're trolling or not, there wasn't a single reason listed for "gameplay", there was a troll reason, about the skill being overpowered, which is obviously a joke and seeing how you +'d it, I'm guessing you didn't get that.

2- It really doesn't matter how it's implemented, it's a bad idea because while actually playing the game, the skill serves no purpose. At no point in a dungeon or in pvp, would a person want to have their pet disappear. Literally the only time a person would want that cat to disappear is when they're taking a picture or don't want to see it. In all forms of actual gameplay however, losing kitty weakens the Summoner SIGNIFICANTLY.

3- This isn't any other MMO, this is Blade & Soul, pay attention? This game is unique and highly rated for a reason.

This game hasn't been around for over a decade and neither has this feature that doesn't exist. I'm sorry but this is a Blade & Soul forum, can I help direct you to some other forum? I believe you have the wrong one. This forum is in place to discuss BLADE & SOUL, not whatever other MMOs you're speaking of.

It harms kitty who you're all trying so hard to kill off whenever you choose to take a picture, so what was that? And quality of life? Who's life? The Summoner? By stripping the lazy Summoner of responsibility, of kitty, we're improving his/her life? My bad.

Welcome to reality, the only expectation you can have is death. And for this and any other MMO (since you apparently use so many others to influence your inputs for Blade & Soul), the only thing you can EXPECT is for them to eventually shut down, nothing more, nothing less.

CurryPan   

Why don't we just have the way to turn the cat off of the screen like, Title, Name, HP bar, etc... in the option menu ? That's way It doesn't change the whole skills tree system, so skills doesn't have to be re-balance. All you have to do is just press " O " and go over the option and uncheck " Show summoner pet " or something like that.

That will completely fix the cat mess up with screenshot pics issue. 

For those who play summoner but doesn't want to have cat to fight with, then you just have to go through the hard way of kill cat off and hopefully doesn't accidentally call it back ( Which is not that hard to prevent since it take couple of sec in animation before you can successfully bring cat back )

The class is meant to be 2 (you can cat) as one, BFF4ever, or whatever.

You yourself can only do so much, the cat by itself can only do so much. Even though it look like 2vs1 Cheater, whatever all that bs that ppl are complaint about.

In the end whoever play summoner will know that, You and your cat need each other to complete as a class. So just kill the cat if you wanna " solo " or play different class.

Edited by CurryPan