Kaishina

[Suggestion] Debuff For Killing Low Level Players

Familiar   

don't like to get killed don't wear your pvp uniform.  /end

Well, what if you don't like to get killed, but you DO like to kill others? Now what's your solution huh?

Kaishina   

The game has all it needs, don't like to get killed don't wear your pvp uniform. /end

You obviously don't understand the thread nor did you read the debate.

To make it short :

People can camp you at any respawn point

People with max level can farm greykills and discourage new players. (Yes newbs exists in 2016).

This is not about whining about owpvp and a couple of good ideas came up along the thread.

I'm really tired of those people who don't understand the thread is about and go dumbmode "If you don't want pvp then don't pvp".

Edited by Kaishina

Kounat   

You obviously don't understand the thread nor did you read the debate.

To make it short :

People can camp you at any respawn point

People with max level can farm greykills and discourage new players. (Yes newbs exists in 2016).

This is not about whining about owpvp and a couple of good ideas came up along the thread.

I'm really tired of those people who don't understand the thread is about and go dumbmode "If you don't want pvp then don't pvp".

That'd be very true if OWPVP wasn't a choice. If it was game over when a higher level decided to pick on a new player, this thread and the other 10 or so that I linked would be worth something, but due to the fact that OWPVP only occurs if you're wearing certain outfits... these threads are irrelevant and the people that suffer this horrible tragedy of being killed are just making a poor choice in staying suited up against someone significantly above their level.

You clearly don't put on your faction uniform then! Then, no issues, also use the flag to get nekky. Take it off, then put your normal outfit on as you choose to world pvp. Thus, all is your option! xD

Edited by KugekiAme

Kaishina   

That'd be very true if OWPVP wasn't a choice. If it was game over when a higher level decided to pick on a new player, this thread and the other 10 or so that I linked would be worth something, but due to the fact that OWPVP only occurs if you're wearing certain outfits... these threads are irrelevant and the people that suffer this horrible tragedy of being killed are just making a poor choice in staying suited up against someone significantly above their level.

You are right. People should be abble to enjoy owpvp at any level. It's my point. Like making it a side activity next to leveling without being roamed by a higher level.

Also i think that the outfit pvp is kinda gamebreaking since there are so many different outfits for pvp... I dont think the game will have 50 millions of players requiring it to have 8 pvp outfits... Just one outfit regarding your faction should be enough.

Glitch   

If a high level player really wants to kill a low level player, what will a debuff TRULY do to stop them? If they really wanted to kill lowbies, they'll do it without a care in the world regardless. Debuffing to cater to lowbies is just dumb in my opinion....

Just what exactly is stopping people from actually taking a moment to read the description of the outfit and seeing that this enters them into the pvp world? But people decide to just rush into things without properly doing any sort of reading or researching. That's their own fault. At least here, open world pvp isn't just free game. You have to be in one of the outfits. You have a CHOICE. If you choose to wear your outfit, then by all means, any level should be allowed to kill you. And it's not like they can spawn camp you anyway..........

Kounat   

You are right. People should be abble to enjoy owpvp at any level. It's my point. Like making it a side activity next to leveling without being roamed by a higher level.

Also i think that the outfit pvp is kinda gamebreaking since there are so many different outfits for pvp... I dont think the game will have 50 millions of players requiring it to have 8 pvp outfits... Just one outfit regarding your faction should be enough.

That wasn't my point at all o.o..

You CAN enjoy OWPVP at any level, you just need to realize there ARE higher levels and if you're a low level and you put on your outfit, you need to beware of those higher levels. Most high levels aren't jerks and wont attack and kill a noob for no reason, but there are a few who are - when you run into said player and they kill you... press 3 and keep moving o.o....

As for the last part, that's where you're wrong, there are a lot of players and the multiple pvp outfits help people to separate themselves from other groups that may be fighting in an open world area. I personally carry around at least 3 or 4 outfits at all times so I can put on whatever to pvp whoever if I want to and so that I have options to switch to avoid others. The most common outfits are the faction outfits, so only having these two as OWPVP outfits would make enjoying the system, hard and limited.

Glitch   

I do want to add that my whole group and I never had issues with a high level killing us at any point in the game. What we did, however, was encounter people ganging up. At one point, it was 5 people vs 1 of us (depending on which faction at the time) and they would just run around the map in their little group and do it to anyone wearing a pvp outfit. 

Kaishina   

That wasn't my point at all o.o..

You CAN enjoy OWPVP at any level, you just need to realize there ARE higher levels and if you're a low level and you put on your outfit, you need to beware of those higher levels. Most high levels aren't jerks and wont attack and kill a noob for no reason, but there are a few who are - when you run into said player and they kill you... press 3 and keep moving o.o....

As for the last part, that's where you're wrong, there are a lot of players and the multiple pvp outfits help people to separate themselves from other groups that may be fighting in an open world area. I personally carry around at least 3 or 4 outfits at all times so I can put on whatever to pvp whoever if I want to and so that I have options to switch to avoid others. The most common outfits are the faction outfits, so only having these two as OWPVP outfits would make enjoying the system, hard and limited.

Yea right, maybe they should make it more explicit to press 3 and remove outfit because im pretty sure newcomers will struggle with this.

Anyway as soon as i reach lvl 45 i will just punish those who farm lowbies so hard and mke their days a true nightmare. I don't wanna be a hero or anything i just want an active and fair game without people leaving because they think the game is unbalanced or will spray whine threads on forums. This thread was more like a warning thread but i didn't expect this would turn into something like politics.

Please close this thread.

I do want to add that my whole group and I never had issues with a high level killing us at any point in the game. What we did, however, was encounter people ganging up. At one point, it was 5 people vs 1 of us (depending on which faction at the time) and they would just run around the map in their little group and do it to anyone wearing a pvp outfit.

Well this is owpvp and theres nothing wrong if they are the same level. Outnumbering is sure annoying but nothing can be done unless to gather up friends and have a fight.

It's a win-win situation. High levels kill High levels. Low levels can enjoy killing low levels without fearing to be ganked by lvls 45+.

The debuff would remove all offensive or deffensive stats and expires when the player dies.

On a fun note : Would be funny to watch a lvl 45 being one shot by a level 15. :D

Edit : Due to alot of low level ganking lovers on this thread i hope NCSoft learned their lesson with their previous games. 

Edit 2 : Best solution so far found.

Terra, fun stuff, and tried that before. However, nothing really needs to be changed so I can see. PVP is a choice in the world, also scales you to the fight on the level of your opponent. Just, you won't have some moves, because most won't be at that level. So, leveling is powering up like Goku man! Become a awesome player, in your own way, because you made a style which suits the player:"You-Best." So, the lower players having a choice to pvp, also many of high levels could have attacked me on closed beta. More, you will run into people that are like:"That guy, or that gal!" So, the change is more not going to do much, and we can leave the choice to the player's who like that kind of content. I like both pve, and pvp looks just amazing. Very fun, also taking out two blade masters 25-27 at my level was fun. 21 assassin, because I did it twice without an evolving weapon on. xD Felt bad,but they kind of gave me an idea that I cannot just mash buttons in pvp anyway. You, have to be the player, also fully work your way up to the top in pvp with that class at the bottom. So, enjoy, and see everyone on the 15th of January.

Glitch   

Well this is owpvp and theres nothing wrong if they are the same level. Outnumbering is sure annoying but nothing can be done unless to gather up friends and have a fight.

Oh we're in no way complaining. Certainly annoying to deal with but it is what it is and we either deal with or just remove our outfit to continue what we're doing. I was just making a point that that's what my group deals with instead of high levels coming after us. xD

Weasel   

Anyway as soon as i reach lvl 45 i will just punish those who farm lowbies so hard and mke their days a true nightmare. I don't wanna be a hero or anything i just want an active and fair game without people leaving because they think the game is unbalanced or will spray whine threads on forums.

am I the only one that got actually motivated by that to kill lowbies just to see how he is going to make my days a true nightmare?

Arisha   

-Just make a safe area in the maps, a small circle in the area of where you respawn.

-Give Immunity to players who killed by other players. When player does an action, remove the buff. Let players change their doboks while Immune, then put a one minute CD to outfit before you can change it again.

Moist   

-Just make a safe area in the maps, a small circle in the area of where you respawn.

-Give Immunity to players who killed by other players. When player does an action, remove the buff. Let players change their doboks while Immune, then put a one minute CD to outfit before you can change it again.

or just take the costume off

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Edited by Moist

Has all of the options in the world to avoid getting ganked by level 45's, still complains.
The game even TELLS YOU that you're liable to getting ganked when wearing your costume the moment you get it.
(Then again people don't READ)

Some people just aren't happy it seems.
(I just know who to gank now with my tag-along gang of 45's)

Edited by Barnivere

Chrys   

Anyway as soon as i reach lvl 45 i will just punish those who farm lowbies so hard and mke their days a true nightmare. I don't wanna be a hero or anything i just want an active and fair game without people leaving because they think the game is unbalanced or will spray whine threads on forums.

Make sure to be Crimson, Windrest server ;0

This is an absurd comparison to make. One is real life war; the other is a video game that people play to have fun.

And unlike a real life war, people who are not having fun in a game leave and stop providing money to keep the servers up.

Seriously, guys, you DO want this game to succeed in the west, right, Blade and Soul fans? That's why you asked NCsoft so hard for so many years to bring it here. Don't screw it up with your purity ideals. I don't say it just for this feature, but if the game doesn't adapt properly to western tastes, NCsoft will learn that they can't bring their eastern games to this side of the world. They'll think "Well, turns out we were right in not bringing BnS to the West. Look how it tanked! Let's not do that again, yes?"

Meanwhile, I guess you'll blame the other players by claiming that because they didn't 'accept the game for what it is' or whatever they didn't give the game a chance to survive. When it's actually the other way around: by actively going against any and all changes, you will become the killers of the game. You didn't give it a chance to change, so it couldn't adapt to the enviorment and died.

Just remember that if the game sinks and dies. Or if it changes and survives, too: it will have changed because the developers are smarter than the fans and realized it wouldn't survive otherwise.

But who knows? Maybe it will. Since it's a F2P title, maybe the white-knights and hardcore fans will be able to keep it afloat by pumping hilarious ammounts of cash into it. If it's worth it to you, by all means. Just don't ask everyone else to do the same.

I think having the ability to kill anyone without worrying about actual hard-coded penalties makes the game more exciting and... dramatic  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

A huge faction war breaking out because a few lowbies were slaughtered, doesn't that sound fun?

THIS... IS....

BLADE AND SOULLLLL

AHHHHH!!

For a game that is made mostly for pvp it has one of the most *cricket* owpvp systems already. Doing anything more to it is ridiculous. It is currently softer than even wow which is a PvE game. Even in WoW you had mandatory PVP zones and after engaging in PVP you're flagged for something like 10+minutes?

Don't get me wrong I totally understand wanting to have the option to owpvp against people in your level range but I don't think it will be as bad as you think it is especially with the plethora  of options you have to avoid it.

Punishing someone because a low level idiot wanted to jump in on your fight would be ridiculous and you can already see how systems like that are abused it other games. You literally have low lvls griefing higher levels with it.

EDIT: The only thing I could see that would not only level the playing field and make it fun for both sides would be zone scaling. Honestly I dont really care though even if someone wanted to grief me in this game their ability to do so is so limited and the totally lack of penalities for me dying make me indifferent on the situation.

Edited by Nachtdrache

Wow really... Do you even understand this post ? Do you really enjoy killing low levels ? I feel sorry for you.

I remember the good old days when pkers would sit at lumbertown bridge killing lowbies crossing through.

Was much fun i'm pretty sure you were one of these low level ganker noobs.

I really don't get it why so many people are being agressive about a fairplay mesure.

But i'm pretty sure NCSoft is pretty smart enough to take action against it because more players = more money.

I know how to dodge low level gankers by switching channels just think about people who do not and just want to enjoy the game.

But it seems like most of the B&S community i read on forums comes from shitty MMOs and never played serious fairplay MMOs whatsover....

Can, I love on you, or something? Because, I do love this quote! This isn't like, world of warcrap, and furthermore! We don't want patches for every class going out, because of the wow care bear system of morons! So, I agree, the system is fine, because you people don't use logic! Not our fault, great post, and I do love the aggressive measures with! Cry baby, wannabe PVE jokes, but just don't put your faction uniform on! Without expecting to come to work! Because, I will work you, and love you! Like this post, there is little favor, or favoritism in pvp! The facts you're, scaled down in arenas, and not world pvp? Obviously, because that's what keeps it fun to call it:"World pvp!" Now, if only someone would lock, and remove this hypocritical thread! I would appreciate it! 

Even with debuff i can't see that lvl15 could beat lvl45. And i don't think this feature is necessary, works fine as it is now.

I would stack it just for blood coins like old days! Bwhahaha! Reminds me of:"Timeless isle!"

The game even TELLS YOU that you're liable to getting ganked when wearing your costume the moment you get it.

Ooh, so close.  The game does indeed tell you how faction outfits work... about 5 levels AFTER you can first get them and put them on and find out what that level 45 is doing hanging out in a level 10 zone.

That's the real problem here: genuinely new players (i.e. not in beta or already played on foreign servers) DON'T have a choice about this, because they don't know how it works.  This will have 2 main results: people deciding they hate PVP in B&S, and people deciding they hate B&S.  Neither is good for any kind of PVP community, and the latter is a direct hit to NC's wallet.

Presumably most players *enjoy* fighting an opponent of *appropriate* power level, or they're really playing the wrong game and there's nothing you can do to help them.  It's the hideously one-sided fights where it really doesn't matter what you do because the outcome is decided before the fight even starts that some people only find enjoyable if they're the one with the advantage, and others don't find enjoyable at all.  So the system should be set up so that most people's first impressions are of even or close to even fights.

Possibly all they would have to do to solve this problem is delete the Crimson/Cerulean faction outfit givers from Bamboo Village and make it so you can't get them until Test of the Eight, at which point you have been introduced to how they work through the Bamboo and Blackram quests.  Also Test of the Eight takes place inside an instance, which protects it from spawn camping.

Better yet, put the outfit giver inside a 1-player instance with one Crimson and one Cerulean NPC nearby, so if you put it on immediately, you get attacked immediately -- but by something you stand a chance against, so it introduces you to the outfit system without the massive unfairness of "fighting" someone 20+ levels higher.

Then the arguments about how the system is fine because it's your choice to participate would actually be, you know, TRUE.

Familiar   

Ooh, so close.  The game does indeed tell you how faction outfits work... about 5 levels AFTER you can first get them and put them on and find out what that level 45 is doing hanging out in a level 10 zone.

That's the real problem here: genuinely new players (i.e. not in beta or already played on foreign servers) DON'T have a choice about this, because they don't know how it works.  This will have 2 main results: people deciding they hate PVP in B&S, and people deciding they hate B&S.  Neither is good for any kind of PVP community, and the latter is a direct hit to NC's wallet.

They'll have a big ass warning that you'll need to hit y to accept on the launch version. Same as it is in the other versions now. If they can't figure even that out, then there's no hope for them and I don't care even a little if they get killed by higher levels.

Bezerko   

The reason I'm in full support of a debuff system is to allow lower level players of equal levels to fight each other anytime without the worry of that guy 30 levels higher than you just ganking away.  And if that guy 30+ levels really wants to get in on the action, the debuff will stack enough to ensure that eventually the lower level gankee can start retaliating and become the ganker (or at least make it an even fight).

The simple solution to all this is use faction/clan chat. On the server I played on anytime there was some higher level messing with lower levels it was never an issue for those of us of similar level (in some cases higher) to come and fix that. This whole debuff system would just make it so those of us who may be willing to help won't want to.