Kaishina

[Suggestion] Debuff For Killing Low Level Players

Weifong   

new updates: http://bns.plaync.com/story/epatch/151021
click on patch from 15.10.21

Tab 5
1. Pressing shift while moving activates windwalking and pressing again deactivates it (already in other regions)
2. Also shows in tutorial
3. Dungeon info tooltips now display windwalk skill requirements
4. If you are not in a clan/guild, the guild menu (H) has a link to guild ad menu
5. Displays warning when entering hard dungeons solo

6. Displays warning when wearing faction outfits 
Edited by Weifong

Kounat   

6. Displays warning when wearing faction outfits

^----- There ya go guys, you got an answer to you tears, the game will now warn you that YOU WILL BE KILLED when equipping faction/pvpflagging outfits. I just hope the warning isn't too massive and there's a way for me to turn off the notification... lol

There are always people who at or near level cap will go to low level zones and grief people and call it PvP. What a joke.

They will kill all the quest givers merchants players and say they are doing it because they want to entice a guild to come stop them. Again what a joke

Funny you never see these same tards go to a level capped zone or level appropriate zone and try and kill all the NPCS's and fight people close to their own level. NEVER WILL YOU SEE THOSE PEOPLE ATTEMPT PVP, just trying to interupt anyone play time and call it PvP.

I think it would be kill someone 10 levels lower than you you are flagged until you die, when you die you become 100% lootable and you cannot respawn until you are looted, all your gear all your game currency, and until you die every NPC in the game attacks you. And if you die in town same respawn rule. Then if you want to go kill people in the starter zone you now have risk vs Reward

Kounat   

There are always people who at or near level cap will go to low level zones and grief people and call it PvP. What a joke.

They will kill all the quest givers merchants players and say they are doing it because they want to entice a guild to come stop them. Again what a joke

Funny you never see these same tards go to a level capped zone or level appropriate zone and try and kill all the NPCS's and fight people close to their own level. NEVER WILL YOU SEE THOSE PEOPLE ATTEMPT PVP, just trying to interupt anyone play time and call it PvP.

I think it would be kill someone 10 levels lower than you you are flagged until you die, when you die you become 100% lootable and you cannot respawn until you are looted, all your gear all your game currency, and until you die every NPC in the game attacks you. And if you die in town same respawn rule. Then if you want to go kill people in the starter zone you now have risk vs Reward

That... is the saltiest thing I have read in these forums in quite some time.

Who stalked you until you lost your mind? That's awful... next time just press 3 and take your outfit off.

It's not that hard, there's no massive "grieving" that can take place in BNS because of all the options we have to avoid this, no idea why people are acting like the game is pretty much over when you get some person that decides they wanna kill you over and over again and you're a low level. Just press 3 and move on with your life, it's not rocket science.

Vreezi   

Who stalked you until you lost your mind? That's awful... next time just press 3 and take your outfit off.

It's not that hard, there's no massive "grieving" that can take place in BNS because of all the options we have to avoid this, no idea why people are acting like the game is pretty much over when you get some person that decides they wanna kill you over and over again and you're a low level. Just press 3 and move on with your life, it's not rocket science.

Amen.

You know what's funny too? Him and OP keep on saying that the people going against OP's "opinion" are all just fanboys, or that we're salty, or that we just want to keep killing lowbies cause we're sadists, or whatever excuse they find... Most of these that OP is saying directed at me specifically, when in my post about my experience with aion PvP I said I ganked people on my TWINK. Yes, my twink - my LOW LEVEL character. You know what's also funny? In my 2 or 3 years of playing aion since release I never actually reached level cap in any patch on any of my characters, so their blantant and biased assumptions are completely null. I had so much fun rifting that I did it for years until they made it completely irrelevant, and I enjoyed working for every single piece of PvP gear I got by often times fighting people higher level than me.

Ladies, ladies... We understand that you're salty that you got "camped" by a higher level (until it crossed your mind to say hmm... what if I just pressed 3???? :OOOOO Revolutionary concept, I know!) But just because the big bad man hurt you doesn't mean that you can come crying to us on the forums and expect us to care. Newsflash, not everyone who kills you doesn't do anything but that all day to other lowbies. I actually have only killed one lower level in all blade and soul betas, and that was because he attacked me first. So no, I'm not defending this point because I'm salty or because I want to keep farmin those lowbies like my ego depended on it - no, im calling you on your BS because you have no grounds to complain with how carebear this game's OWPvP already is and how many ways we have to prevent this ATROCITY from occurring.

Now please, everyone take a step back and realize how much worse it could be, desalinate in a hot bath. Thanks <3

Edited by Aurinya
Inappropriate language

Familiar   

I swear on everything I love I would twink out a character at level 35 and just go around attacking anyone who was flagged. Hopefully, I would find you xD

Kaishina   

Jadestone village is just gonna be the new Lumbertown. Why ? Because it will be undeniably the most crowded area after launch and according to what i read here it is gonna happen.

Familiar   

Jadestone village is just gonna be the new Lumbertown. Why ? Because it will be undeniably the most crowded area after launch and according to what i read here it is gonna happen.

Yeah, except the thing is, that's not possible. Lumbertown was so bad because low levels had no choice but to cross that bridge to get out, and if it was on a PvP server they had no choice but to die. Imagine Lumbertown if low levels could just walk right by the people camping the bridge without fear of being attacked. That's what you'll have here.

Lumbertown was also about already capped out players going there because they wanted to punish new players for supporting F2P instead of the purchase option TERA started with. So they were going to scare away new players with harassment just to show EME it was wrong to abandon the previous system that only allowed serious people to play. It was just childish people thinking they could hurt others to show their disappointment in the publishers. Their grand goal was to get players to leave TERA and not use the cash shop and financially damage the company.

Blade and Soul sounds like it will just be regular jerks who want to kill and insult people. Not specifically make you quit.

Moist   

Lumbertown was also about already capped out players going there because they wanted to punish new players for supporting F2P instead of the purchase option TERA started with. So they were going to scare away new players with harassment just to show EME it was wrong to abandon the previous system that only allowed serious people to play. It was just childish people thinking they could hurt others to show their disappointment in the publishers. Their grand goal was to get players to leave TERA and not use the cash shop and financially damage the company.

Blade and Soul sounds like it will just be regular jerks who want to kill and insult people. Not specifically make you quit.

The difference is you can just switch a costume instead of switching a server

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hse   

Why people are making thing more complicate than they are .... you don't want to pvp take of faction costume (pretty simple no ?) you don't want to take it off die and shut up . :lol:

there is the reason why no debuff needed . :blink:

Eesley   

Now I havent' read the whole topic since from what I saw, most of it is people trying to scream at each others over the Internet, probably typing REALLY HARD on their keyboard for it. Still, I do want to give my opinion on the proposed solution.

I personnally don't mind the system as it is now, but I can agree that it's probably bothersome to others.

I can understand that people like the World PVP style but can't do it until they're max level or they get one shot. They would like to run arround in their faction outfit while lvling and attack other players of relatively same stranght. But, as stated before, they can't since the first max lvl that passes by will kill them.

Still, I don't think giving debuf to high lvl players killing low lvls would help at all. Then, it will be jerk low-lvls attacking high lvl players to try and provoque them. Yes, they will litteraly be like annoying flies, but don't kill the fly or you'll be powerless for a while / till they die.

So let me suggest something else : Why not make it so players with 10 lvl over another player can't kill him, unless the lower lvl player attack the high lvl one first. So unless you attack the high lvl player standing there waiting for you to spawn, he can't kill you. If for any reason you want to attack him, for fun, suicidal tendencies or other, just hit him and he'll just one shot you as expected.

I personnaly killed one very low lvl player by mistake, thinking he was a mob, this solution would also prevent that.

Zofi   

Best thing I can think of, if you really have a problem with it, is that when you get to max lvl, go camp out in the low lvl areas that have people camping them and go fight the high lvl players that are camping the low lvl players.  Basically, go defend the lower lvl characters.

Familiar   

Best thing I can think of, if you really have a problem with it, is that when you get to max lvl, go camp out in the low lvl areas that have people camping them and go fight the high lvl players that are camping the low lvl players.  Basically, go defend the lower lvl characters.

But how will that help ME? If I'm low level and someone higher level is killing me, and I'm too stubborn to take off my outfit, what solution is there for me? I don't think it's fair that others aren't punished for attacking me when I don't want to fight them. I mean, I understand it's OWPvP, but there should be rules that make it more like instanced PvP so that it is more fun and fair.

That will only give birth to  "omg you think you're so good because you are 1 level higher than me, go fight someone your own level you noob."  or  "Omg you think you're so good because you upgraded all your gear and I haven't go fight someone your own gear level you noob."  or my personal favorite  "Omg look at this kid thinks hes so great because he has pvp soul shield on and he came out here and killed me because I was bothering low levels, how about you go out and get a soul shield equal to what i have equipped, go get a weapon equal to what I have equipped, and accessories and gems equal to what I have equipped and then fight me and we will see whos good you noob."

Blindrat   

I still say my favourite was how Warhammer handled it. You tried to kill someone far too low that stood no chance you got zapped into a chicken hehe

Edited by Blindrat

But how will that help ME? If I'm low level and someone higher level is killing me, and I'm too stubborn to take off my outfit, what solution is there for me? I don't think it's fair that others aren't punished for attacking me when I don't want to fight them. I mean, I understand it's OWPvP, but there should be rules that make it more like instanced PvP so that it is more fun and fair.

*pats back*  Hire a bodyguard

hse   

Faction outfit on = kill me if you want , faction outfit off = peace and love .What i don't understand maybe it's because i like the system how he is now is why would they have to lose time to change or make a new game mechanic just because people want to look pretty. :mellow:

doriza   

I know this topic is about Grey Killers, but I'm gonna touch about spawn/npc gank too, as this will likely happen while Grey Killing at the same time.

I have nothing against Grey Killing, I've done it, I've been GK'd, I've been ganked in 1v3+ etc etc, it's part of OWPvP and I deal with it.

Though, what I would like to avoid, is easy gank (spawn (grey) kills/ganking) because when you can't react to it and just get killed over and over, this is not ideal and there is a problem at this very moment. I know switching channel is one way of dealing with it, but do you have time to switch when you respawn before getting OS ?

That's why, maybe, when you die, the game will ask you one simple question:

Do you want to remove your conflict dobok (costume) ?

• Yes (because I don't want to get ganked / greykilled again and/or I want to be able to properly setup my incoming re-entry in the battle).
  • No (because I don't care, there's no gank, it's cool and I want to get back into the action right now §§§§)

It could even be another shortcut/option for respawning. [4] would be respawning as usual, and another button would be respawning without the conflict dobok.
There are ways to "prevent" ganking, I've seen people asking for safezones on spawning spots and around NPCs (to be able to take/complete quests). I don't think safezones are the way to go because people will clearly abuse them.

Though, you can work around them. Spawn points can be moved somewhere outside the battle zone, inaccessible to the opposing faction BUT you can't attack from this spawn or get back to it once you leave it. No advantage for anyone. (I know this sounds like a safezone but it is only a spawning zone, useless to wait in front of it) Now, implementing this in every region would be difficult (how to make this happen around the Stalker WB zone? e.g.) but it could be the start of a somewhat solution.

About NPCs, leave them where they are, it adds to the salt without you not being able to do anything, I mean, check your surroundings and/or ask people to protect you for a bit :D.

Here are my 2cts.

NB: before reminding me I'm a scrub, I know nothing about the game, keep in mind I haven't tested every possible option like: changing channel when dead (possible ?) and if it carries over when respawning.

Simply because GK wasn't an issue for me in Alpha/CBT and I haven't really done OWPvP as I had something else to test first :D.

EDIT: if you are too stubborn to remove your dobok after being GK'd over and over, I can't help you, I'm giving you a chance to setup safety away from GKs in another channel :D.

Edited by doriza

Familiar   

I know this topic is about Grey Killers, but I'm gonna touch about spawn/npc gank too, as this will likely happen while Grey Killing at the same time.

I have nothing against Grey Killing, I've done it, I've been GK'd, I've been ganked in 1v3+ etc etc, it's part of OWPvP and I deal with it.

Though, what I would like to avoid, is easy gank (spawn (grey) kills/ganking) because when you can't react to it and just get killed over and over, this is not ideal and there is a problem at this very moment. I know switching channel is one way of dealing with it, but do you have time to switch when you respawn before getting OS ?

That's why, maybe, when you die, the game will ask you one simple question:

Do you want to remove your conflict dobok (costume) ?

• Yes (because I don't want to get ganked / greykilled again and/or I want to be able to properly setup my incoming re-entry in the battle).
  • No (because I don't care, there's no gank, it's cool and I want to get back into the action right now §§§§)

It could even be another shortcut/option for respawning. [4] would be respawning as usual, and another button would be respawning without the conflict dobok.

There are ways to "prevent" ganking, I've seen people asking for safezones on spawning spots and around NPCs (to be able to take/complete quests). I don't think safezones are the way to go because people will clearly abuse them.

Though, you can work around them. Spawn points can be moved somewhere outside the battle zone, inaccessible to the opposing faction BUT you can't attack from this spawn or get back to it once you leave it. No advantage for anyone.

About NPCs, leave them where they are, it adds to the salt without you not being to do anything, I mean, check your surroundings and/or ask people to protect you for a bit :D.

Here are my 2cts.

lol this is already in game. Just press 3 to rez and your outfit will be off.

doriza   

lol this is already in game. Just press 3 to rez and your outfit will be off.

Then WHY THE HECK are people complaining ? 

Jeez you can setup safety, just get away and start again.

/thread closed.

Sinnaru   

Amen.

Edited by Sinnaru

Cetra   

The game has all it needs, don't like to get killed don't wear your pvp uniform.  /end