Terrarist

Vote for B&S in MMO Reader's Choice Awards!

Teisho   

Of course I know this, I work with MMOSite and told you this very same information within the first page of this thread.

This issue in terms of vote manipulation has been going on for the 4 years I've been working there and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

But this is no different than RMTs being counted into playerbase numbers.

Oh right, it was you who said that. I haven't checked the first page of the thread in a while so despite remembering that certain things were said, I didn't remember who it was that said them.

Anyway, I know about the discrepancy that exists between registered players and caring players. That exists in pretty much any kind of "club" (for lack of a better word) that both allows/accepts memberships to it and doesn't force people to "attend", so to speak.

My comment was more a remark on just how little MMOSite's audience, overall, cares about this (and my idle speculation on how many real users MMOSite has based on the ease of voting) than it was a detailed observation of real vs. fake users, despite me using that as a talking point. The number of people voting compared to the number of people registered amounts to roughly a tenth -- likely less -- of a percent. That's a little sad.  

Esuna   

Let's be careful, at this time around yesterday, difference was about the same and 6/7 hours laters it was completely gone.

The bot fight isn't over yet !

Oh and yes, I also voted for today.

Teisho   

Let's be careful, at this time around yesterday, difference was about the same and 6/7 hours laters it was completely gone.

The bot fight isn't over yet !

Oh and yes, I also voted for today.

Oh I wouldn't worry about that.

There's 6 hours left and as of my posting this we're almost 200 votes ahead.

I'm sure that difference will continue to be maintained with the help of our devoted playerbase :)

Ren36   

Our devoted playerbase :)

It shouldn´t be hard to decide between these two games in the first place, if the first one is a downgraded chibi version of hack ´n slay and the other one pretty much in a class of it´s own, including graphics, combat and music, so that I can now sympathize with Banivere´s statement that "I've seen games that shouldn't have won", when I see the current results.

Looking closer at the other thread: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/mmosite-readers-choice-awards/122741/it was also initiated by a staff member, whereas our´s not and we´ve come far, but in the end TOS is just a 2.5/3 and BnS a 3*/3 , so that it should be pretty obvious for whom anyone besides our playerbase should voting for.

Edited by Ren36

Kounat   

It shouldn´t be hard to decide between these two games in the first place, if the first one is a downgraded chibi version of hack ´n slay and the other one pretty much in a class of it´s own, including graphics, combat and music, so that I can now sympathize with Banivere´s statement that "I've seen games that shouldn't have won", when I see the current results.

Looking closer at the other thread: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/mmosite-readers-choice-awards/122741/it was also initiated by a staff member, whereas our´s not and we´ve come far, but in the end TOS is just a 2.5/3 and BnS a 3*/3 , so that it should be pretty obvious for whom anyone besides our playerbase should voting for.

Exactly what I said, that our mods/admins should have been promoting this instead of just us with this thread

Not only was that thread initiated by a staff member, their main website also had announcements of the contest while ours didn't

Still, this makes us that much better, we did it ourselves :)

Weifong   

They're saving up the votes and going to give us a last hit on the face in last seconds, then we would have no chance coming back. Be careful!

Twinkle   

+205 i hope we will defeat ToS, BnS is really better in my opinion.

Edited by Twinkle

Esuna   

They're saving up the votes and going to give us a last hit on the face in last seconds, then we would have no chance coming back. Be careful!

Yes, this. I'm pretty sure they're going to pull an anime comeback, Trin-style.

Lurkios   

Anything specific to make you say that? Looking at their forums, it seems like mostly unrest. Sounds like the game had a pretty bad launch/obt.

Edited by Lurkios

Yes, this. I'm pretty sure they're going to pull an anime comeback, Trin-style.

Actually, I was paying close attention to the vote count last night (from the Pacific Coast timezone) and most of the ToS votes that poured in came right before the clock hit 12 midnight. It's a pretty good chance that it'll happen again. The rate of votes in the last 2 or 3 hours of the day was almost 100 an hour.

Edit: I only know this because I keep spamming the "Vote" button, not knowing when my daily vote is suppose to refresh itself.

Edited by Aralevent

Esuna   

Actually, I was paying close attention to the vote count last night (from the Pacific Coast timezone) and most of the ToS votes that poured in came right before the clock hit 12 midnight. It's a pretty good chance that it'll happen again. The rate of votes in the last 2 or 3 hours of the day was almost 100 an hour.

Right, must be the moment the bot-dude wakes up or something.  :rolleyes:

Teisho   

ToS can't win at this point as long as BnS brigading continues.

We're close to 300 votes in the lead now lol. Only a couple of hours ago our lead was only 200 or so votes.

Lurkios   

ToS can't win at this point as long as BnS brigading continues.

We're close to 300 votes in the lead now lol. Only a couple of hours ago our lead was only 200 or so votes.

It was hard to care before, but if we're this close... Might as well take it.

Shorsh   

Hi guys I just woke up and it seems we are losing, I'll get right on that!

EDIT: Err.. Wrong forums. Sorry. Disregard

Edited by Shorsh

Teisho   

Keep voting. The value of widening the gap is to completely demoralize them and make them feel like they have no chance of winning. Ultimately, the goal is to remove their chance of winning, of course.

Edit: Nice try Shorsh

Edited by Teisho

Weifong   

they're at 2860... ~300 behind us.

after 2 minutes they are now at 2868

Esuna   

after 2 minutes they are now at 2868

It's starting, they're at 2905 now. 

One hour left, call to arms ! lol