Ruziro

Can someone sum up Summoner class for me?

Ruziro   

Just a brief explanation about what type of moves it has and how strong it is compared to other classes, please.

Kounat   

Lmao...

Summoner is a slower moving class and everything is "teamwork" oriented meaning you and your familiar need to work together for pretty much everything since neither of you have enough of a *Bang* by yourselves.

The Cat is AI controlled but you also have significant control of it as well, you pretty much "point" it at your enemies and it will attack on its own and chase them a bit, but it has additional attacks/skills/techniques that you tell it to use when you want it to use them. You can restore both your own and the cat's hp quite a bit as well as take some hp from kitty for yourself. If you die, kitty can keep fighting without you and even sacrifice itself to bring you back to life. If kitty dies you can also bring it back to life. The class is very easy to grasp in terms of its basics, since kitty will pretty much nonstop attack enemies until it dies, but mastering the class takes a bit of effort and "multitasking" as you'll need to pay attention to both you and the cat.

It's a good class, lots of fun. It's incredible in dungeons and team environments, and since there's two of you, you can pretty much "solo" anything around your own level. As for pvp, it's a really good class but requires you to be on your game more as you get higher in the ranks since most players wont waste time attacking the cat and will instead direct their damage at you and kill you and unless you know how to control and abuse kitty, it makes things hard for you.

If you have any specific questions, ask away, otherwise I think that's a pretty decent summary.

what Kounat said + have lots of CC moves between the two of you (summoner and familiar). the sunflower thinger that shoots fire (i don't remember the name) seems to be the biggest burst dmg ability so far, but i only made it to lvl 30 or so, so not sure if there is something better after that.

Moist   

take your face apply it to keyboard then apply various amount of force onto all different keys and things should be dead

if you open the chat box you went too far calm yourself

I honestly don't play summoner but they look fun

to see the pain in my enemies eyes, so much pain in 1 single word

Post below me has a decent understanding listen to him

.                                          l

....                                      V

Edited by Moist

katanaK   

For me: tab+(LB+RB)+(LB+RB)+(LB+RB)+(LB+RB)+(LB+RB)+RB+RB+RB+RB+RB.

1+F, C,V, and other skills use when needed.

For the advantage of summoner I will say,

1. There is a cat to help you (or say, the cat is part of you).

2. You can pretty much solo every non-epic dungeon easily.

3. You must be an important member of the team (not just a DPS, you need to help other party members when necessary)  

4. Does not require much technique as melees 

5. You can sleep while fighting boss because it is not as exciting as melees, and your party member may sleep on the floor because of you <<okay thats a joke

I don't do PVP so I cannot say anything about it.

Okay my bad. I should put F in the starter. 

Quote from Moist: 

Post below me has a decent understanding listen to him

....                                      V

Edited by katanaK

Shorsh   

Kata, You should throw F in there at the start tbh.

F alongside LB will pretty much give u 100% chi uptime.

My PVE rotation for summoner is.

Tab > Q > 1 > F > F > LB > RB > LB > RB > LB > RB (until you can RB>RB>RB>RB>RB).

Tab sends cat to mob

Q sleeps cat so he holds Aggro

1 > F applies that poinson shit you need to get photosynthesis stacks.

F Puts applies the healing dot that also restores CHI.

then LB > RB > is your ani cancel attack. 

When just killing trash all i do is press LB RB LB RB and its dead.

Of course this will change depending on situation.

For pvp... Its literally 

Tab > C > Tab > F > LB > RB > LB > RB

This only works on scrubs tho lol. but its a 100-0.

Tab sends Cat

C dazes enemy

Tab pounces enemy

F So you dont run out of chi

LB > RB for the kill.

again situational :P

Maiitsoh   

I want to thank everyone here for their posts.  As a noob coming into this game from CBT1-5 I lvl'd a KFM but do to my current location ping is a huge issue and therefore KFM is not a viable option at the moment.  I played the Sum up to lvl 23 and was just getting the gist of it's play style.  I have to say after playing and re-watching the videos on Sums, I now have a better feel for this character.  I feel with having a Sum as main will make it possible to be productive in a group setting and also enjoy soloing (due to my extremely high ping).  I feel quite competent that I will enjoy the Sum overall.  

I can honestly say now that I understand the reference's "Tab > Q > 1 > F > F > LB > RB > LB > RB > LB > RB (until you can RB>RB>RB>RB>RB). " now much better than I did before from watching the videos and reading them in these forums.  I just want to say all in all thank you for making this quite clear and precise.

My 2cents 

Maiitsoh   

Guys,

I do have quick question.  Does the cat HP scale .5 to master HP?  I ask this because, as I have watched several videos I have seen Sum with say 42k HP and cat 22k hp, but yet I have also seen a Sum with 56k HP and the cat with only 22k.  I guess what I am asking in general is.. is there a cap HP for the cat can anyone answer this?

katanaK   

I don't have exact answer to this in the NA version, but in the CN and TW version(which I googled), HP of familiar depends on soul shield, your weapon, the accessories you wear, gems, cat's violence/cat's talent(skill), and level of your character (which affect your ATK, DEF, HP, CRT, etc.).  

In JP/CN/TW versions, there is no sign of cap HP for the cat so far (no idea about KR/RU). You can youtube some videos and you should find the same answer. 

Maiitsoh   

@katanaK

Thank you and I will google more about it.  I figured with all the collective knowledge here, that someone would be able to answer.

Rane   

You will have an "Unfair Advantage" most of the time in PvE and PvP.

The rest of the world will assume your a flavor of the month scrub, who is planning to roll a warlock soon.

Ginny   

You will have an "Unfair Advantage" most of the time in PvE and PvP.

The rest of the world will assume your a flavor of the month scrub, who is planning to roll a warlock soon.

Summoners have no advantage, let alone "unfair" advantage in any context PvE or PvP, except the ease of killing complete scrubs who don't know the basics of their class in 1v1 PvP (which can be done faster on many other classes). Good luck finding high rated Summoners, or indeed any ranged, with the early PvP season!

Summoner is just a solid, all-round class for Blade & Soul, with an easy learning curve, though like all classes very difficult to master. It makes an excellent entry class, especially if you are new to action combat. It is also the least ping-dependent class in the game, playable in most contexts up to 300-350ms ping.

Edited by Ginny

Chrys   

Summoners have no advantage, let alone "unfair" advantage in any context PvE or PvP, except the ease of killing complete scrubs who don't know the basics of their class in 1v1 PvP (which can be done faster on many other classes). Good luck finding high rated Summoners, or indeed any ranged, with the early PvP season!

Summoner is just a solid, all-round class for Blade & Soul, with an easy learning curve, though like all classes very difficult to master. It makes an excellent entry class, especially if you are new to action combat. It is also the least ping-dependent class in the game, playable in most contexts up to 300-350ms ping.

No advantage? Check out how jaesung deals with these no-advantage hard-to-master non-high-ranked summoners :\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufMU1JZ2MSM

Dunno on which server u were, m8, but on soha the only platinums i've seen hangin' around were 1 destroyer and all summoners. Plus (don't want to seem too nasty but...) having a pocket blade-dancer-like npc suppressing the enemy every few seconds is usually called "advantage". And is not that 8sec cd 6sec stealth, 3.5k spammable burst skill and all those resists and movement speed reductions rly need that much backup even if the cat dies (although it can be resurrected).

PS: Also, being a ranged class is always an advantage in every game.

Edited by Chrys

NYYankee   

No advantage? Check out how jaesung deals with these no-advantage hard-to-master non-high-ranked summoners :\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufMU1JZ2MSM

Dunno on which server u were, m8, but on soha the only platinums i've seen hangin' around were 1 destroyer and all summoners. Plus (don't want to seem too nasty but...) having a pocket blade-dancer-like npc suppressing the enemy every few seconds is usually called "advantage". And is not that 8sec cd 6sec stealth, 3.5k spammable burst skill and all those resists and movement speed reductions rly need that much backup even if the cat dies (although it can be resurrected).

PS: Also, being a ranged class is always an advantage in every game.

I hope you know that Jaesung play Force master as main class. ;)

- If the cat die: 5 SECONDS!! revive time. No player would let you revive your cat ;)

- 8 seconds CD yes, but other than the assassin the summoner is outside of stealth with one Sunflower Burst or Auto hit.^^ Its a counter skill like other classes too: Block, Deflect when spin, etc...^^

- Movement Reduction: Same as Force master BUT.... WITHOUT freeze ;) Hello? its a range class xD so that is normal. You need distance between you and the enemy so you need skills like that.^^

- Oh trust me fight against a melee person in PVP and see how he is in front of you most of the time and tell me that again with the advantage. ;)

- 3,5k "Spamable" burst skill.....^^ 3 chi in official version.^^ you have 10 chi so there is no "spam" only 3 shots. so chill and wait until release.^^

- "having a pocket blade-dancer-like npc suppressing the enemy every few seconds is usually called "  Cooldown is 18 Seconds, 1 time and only if you hit AND the enemy can not escape.^^

and that is harder as you think.^^ good player escape often from grab.^^

- Dont forget: if the summon dies you have no grab, no daze, no knockdown, no shield,... you loose half of your skills.^^

Oh and another important thing: Beta was unbalanced. To much Damage vs. Low life of people.^^ So please do not compare this beta version with official one or think that is normal because it is not^^

I am so happy when warlock is released.... WHY? Because then people will cry because of Warlocks and not about summoner anymore xD

Oh and then i can destroy Warlocks :P

I Love the game play with my summoner :D Teamwork is my Play style so i love this class :D 

Its a class where you need to play in a "team" and the class is designed to play with 2 characters.^^

Edited by NYYankee

Chrys   

I hope you know that Jaesung play Force master as main class. ;)

- If the cat die: 5 SECONDS!! revive time. No player would let you revive your cat ;)

- 8 seconds CD yes, but other than the assassin the summoner is outside of stealth with one Sunflower Burst or Auto hit.^^ Its a counter skill like other classes too: Block, Deflect when spin, etc...^^

- Movement Reduction: Same as Force master BUT.... WITHOUT freeze ;) Hello? its a range class xD so that is normal. You need distance between you and the enemy so you need skills like that.^^

- Oh trust me fight against a melee person in PVP and see how he is in front of you most of the time and tell me that again with the advantage. ;)

- 3,5k "Spamable" burst skill.....^^ 3 chi in official version.^^ you have 10 chi so there is no "spam" only 3 shots. so chill and wait until release.^^

- "having a pocket blade-dancer-like npc suppressing the enemy every few seconds is usually called "  Cooldown is 18 Seconds, 1 time and only if you hit AND the enemy can not escape.^^

and that is harder as you think.^^ good player escape often from grab.^^

- Dont forget: if the summon dies you have no grab, no daze, no knockdown, no shield,... you loose half of your skills.^^

Oh and another important thing: Beta was unbalanced. To much Damage vs. Low life of people.^^ So please do not compare this beta version with official one or think that is normal because it is not^^

I am so happy when warlock is released.... WHY? Because then people will cry because of Warlocks and not about summoner anymore xD

Oh and then i can destroy Warlocks :P

I Love the game play with my summoner :D Teamwork is my Play style so i love this class :D

Its a class where you need to play in a "team" and the class is designed to play with 2 characters.^^

You just re-listed the several amount of weapons a summoner has that in their totality are called advantage, not mentioning the almost 2sec resist upon stealthing, the usain bolt stealth speed, the many evasive skills, the cat's support that basically turns every fight in a 2v1 (not being able to cc both of them unless BD's penta for some secs), the 3sec cd recall pet skill that doesnt let your opponent cc sleep the cat, the 2-focus-cost (in THIS version of the game we are discussing about right now) burst skill, the suppress that can be done 3 times before the 1m cd suppress-escape skill that most of the classes have gets ready again after first use (and i'm not talking about second wind that is already wasted with the other dazes).

And i would add, if the cat dies the summoner would probably have already dragged his opponent's hp down to 20% at least.

Not complaining, care, just re-stating the obvious fact that summoner class has an advantage. And i wouldn't mind that, if only summoner players weren't so boldly trying to say everytime the opposite.

About warlock, well, kr december patch nerfed it quite much. We'll see what we'll get here.

화 랑   

Summoner isn't easy to play like some people who think it is.

Yes, they're OP in this client version, and yes, they're cute and all, but they certainly are not easy to play.

I guess this only goes for people who will play competitively for both PVE & PVP.

NYYankee   

You just re-listed the several amount of weapons a summoner has that in their totality are called advantage, not mentioning the almost 2sec resist upon stealthing, the usain bolt stealth speed, the many evasive skills, the cat's support that basically turns every fight in a 2v1 (not being able to cc both of them unless BD's penta for some secs), the 3sec cd recall pet skill that doesnt let your opponent cc sleep the cat, the 2-focus-cost (in THIS version of the game we are discussing about right now) burst skill, the suppress that can be done 3 times before the 1m cd suppress-escape skill that most of the classes have gets ready again after first use (and i'm not talking about second wind that is already wasted with the other dazes).

And i would add, if the cat dies the summoner would probably have already dragged his opponent's hp down to 20% at least.

Not complaining, care, just re-stating the obvious fact that summoner class has an advantage. And i wouldn't mind that, if only summoner players weren't so boldly trying to say everytime the opposite.

About warlock, well, kr december patch nerfed it quite much. We'll see what we'll get here.

- Its 1 second.. wow xD and only if you get invisible. Tip for you: Every class have skills that cancels the "counter" from the summoner. You only need to use them.^^
- Wow stealth speed... and the 14 meters the forcemaster jumps back when he comes out of his "iceprison" ??
- You you cant recall a sleeping cat... i play summoner more than a year i tried it a lot of times.^^
- The supress is one of the mainskills of this duo. Should they remove that? That makes no sense. Do you cry too if an Blade Dancer grab you or a Destroyer?
Blade Dancer cd on grab is lower than a minute too: 24 sec... Should they remove that too? They can do Damage at this time too.^^
- "And i would add, if the cat dies the summoner would probably have already dragged his opponent's hp down to 20% at least."
   THAT is why you loose.^^ Concentrate on cat and ignore the summoner. xD haha

I think you never played summoner in pvp before.^^ So please dont cry about a class you dont know how to fight against.^^ 
Learn how to fight against it and stop searching for reasons why you loose against them.^^
You listed several things about it... use them to know what to do against next time.^^
Oh and every class have "advantages". Thats why they are so different .^^
Edited by NYYankee

Chrys   

- Its 1 second.. wow xD and only if you get invisible. Tip for you: Every class have skills that cancels the "counter" from the summoner. You only need to use them.^^
- Wow stealth speed... and the 14 meters the forcemaster jumps back when he comes out of his "iceprison" ??
- You you cant recall a sleeping cat... i play summoner more than a year i tried it a lot of times.^^
- The supress is one of the mainskills of this duo. Should they remove that? That makes no sense. Do you cry too if an Blade Dancer grab you or a Destroyer?
Blade Dancer cd on grab is lower than a minute too: 24 sec... Should they remove that too? They can do Damage at this time too.^^
- "And i would add, if the cat dies the summoner would probably have already dragged his opponent's hp down to 20% at least."
   THAT is why you loose.^^ Concentrate on cat and ignore the summoner. xD haha

I think you never played summoner in pvp before.^^ So please dont cry about a class you dont know how to fight against.^^ 
Learn how to fight against it and stop searching for reasons why you loose against them.^^
You listed several things about it... use them to know what to do against next time.^^
Oh and every class have "advantages". Thats why they are so different .^^

The more i try to be polite the more i get cancer.

A guy says a bullshit

.         |

.         |

.        V

I quote him and i try to show him that's a bullshit

.         |

.         |

.        V

I am crying (for you)

Now that's your logic, and i'm really sorry for you that you have to live with it for the rest of your life.

You can call the cat back as many summoners do as soon as is thrown slept unconscious, not after seconds, wasting the opponent's chance to sleep the cat.

Pet recall->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFlstqRhOY4 (even tho the owner of the vid calls it a bug, it is not)

It seems you are the one that needs to learn ur class m9-1

You can't cancel the "User is resistant to damage, status effects for 1.5 sec on Counter" with the "skills that every class has" that you said. That's a bs.

And just cus u're so obsessed with the idea of me losing vs summoners, no i don't usually lose vs them and no i don't usually attack the cat, i was replying at your post where you said that, but you're too focused to search ways to act smartass with me and you can't follow a proper discussion.

You know, summoner fits you well. Make sure to reroll WL when it gets released.

Edited by Chrys

Esuna   

You can't cancel the "User is resistant to damage, status effects for 1.5 sec on Counter" with the "skills that every class has" that you said. That's a bs.

That's not what he said. He was talking about those skills you get to counter blocks, like dandelion.

I'm not exactly sure about being able to call the cat when he's CCed. (Never tried) The video you linked contains footage from another version of the game, so sadly... it isn't worth much. :(

Edited by Esuna

Chrys   

That's not what he said. He was talking about those skills you get to counter blocks, like dandelion.

I'm not exactly sure about being able to call the cat when he's CCed. (Never tried) The video you linked contains footage from another version of the game, so sadly... it isn't worth much. :(

And he said that in reply to my statement concerning the resist, not the counter, so either was an argument i didnt mention or was a sort of way to talk about that using his own words.

About the pet recall, happend to me very often vs gold and plats summoners in cbt.

Esuna   

And he said that in reply to my statement concerning the resist, not the counter, so either was an argument i didnt mention or was a sort of way to talk about that using his own words.

About the pet recall, happend to me very often vs gold and plats summoners in cbt.

You can force the cat to go into iframe mode, meaning he's susceptible to being grabbed but not CC.

I'm not a summoner expert, can't really help with that, but it could be anything.