Sign in to follow this  
Fantality

i7 4790k 980Ti

Sinnaru   

Can anyone with 4790k and 980Ti share how the performance turned out while playing BnS? 

Got a feeling it still has fps drops. lol.png

Kounat   

Got a feeling it still has fps drops. lol.png

Lol nothing significant, like Yui said, they should for sure have 60fps+ always

I have an i5-4690k and a 970 and I always remain above 60fps

Kutsuu   

Reqs for this game are definitely not that serious... I have an old school i7-920 and a 780 Ti and only dip under 60FPS in crowded/busy cities on max settings. If I check the optimized performance settings, I maintain 60 fps in all situations. 

Have heard that the 800/900 series GPUs do have some issues with FPS, but I suspect it's related to drivers that don't work well with B&S. 

Sinnaru   

Reqs for this game are definitely not that serious... I have an old school i7-920 and a 780 Ti and only dip under 60FPS in crowded/busy cities on max settings. If I check the optimized performance settings, I maintain 60 fps in all situations. 

Have heard that the 800/900 series GPUs do have some issues with FPS, but I suspect it's related to drivers that don't work well with B&S. 

They do, my 840m has some fps drops.

AttacKat   

Can anyone with 4790k and 980Ti share how the performance turned out while playing BnS? 

With 970 and 2600K, 1080p res I get max setting on all, 90+ FPS during mob grinds, 60 in normal towns, 40-60 in towns when you have PvP noobs trying to PvP. Blackwyrm only playable with Ctrl-F on. So you should see better FPS.

EDIT: Game never goes over 1GB VRAM.

Edited by AttacKat

Tsuzor   

No matter wut type of cpu u will have u will see fps drops in crowded or even overcrowded places. And when there will be combat involved even bigger fps drop :|

Twinkle   

No matter wut type of cpu u will have u will see fps drops in crowded or even overcrowded places. And when there will be combat involved even bigger fps drop :|

Type of CPU is important.

Like a lot of MMORPG, more there is player around you, more your CPU will work.

BnS don't manage more than 4 cores. So 8 cores/8 threads aren't usefull with BnS.

You need a CPU (4 cores) who is strong on single core performance. 3/4GHz.

Disable "physics effect" in "special effects" will help you save a lot of FPS.

But... yes, you will always have less FPS in town and big fights than in a calm map.

Areos   

Lol nothing significant, like Yui said, they should for sure have 60fps+ always

I have an i5-4690k and a 970 and I always remain above 60fps

How? I got the exact same specs, but once a fight breaks out in a dungeon (for example the Skittering Tunnels) and I pull all the mobs in one room my fps will drop to 20 ish, unless I press ctrl+f (hide all players) then ill go back to around 40 fps.

Emerald   

Reqs for this game are definitely not that serious...I have an old school i7-920 and a 780 Ti and only dip under 60FPS in crowded/busy cities on max settings.

Just to note - a 780 Ti is still a top-grade GPU (a bit below the 980 in performance), even compared to the new Maxwell series.  It's enough to max most of the high-performance games in the market, so I wouldn't really call it a proof that the requirements are not serious.

Edited by Emerald

Mowgli   

Im running i7 4790k with 980ti on a asus swift monitor 2560x1400 144hz and im running the game at around 100fps+ all the time.

Only dipping down to 80 ish when the game has some bad peformance. But in dungeons and such u will never see it go that far down since there aint to much  to render i guess

Shiro   

I have 4790k and 970 and my FPS is 60+ almost constantly except when there's many players around (like in towns or at faction), it can drop to even 30 FPS am I the only one with this problem? :/

Max settings btw and I forced SGSSAA 2x2 because the in game anti aliasing is useless.

Twinkle   

except when there's many players around (like in towns or at faction), it can drop to even 30 FPS am I the only one with this problem? :/

Nop, everyone got drops when there is more players. Nothing we can do except uncheck "physics settings"  (it will save you a lot of FPS when there is a lot of players).

633557ennemi.png

For AA i use fxaa x8 via the Nvidia Panel.

Edited by Twinkle

Sign in to follow this